Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Bleach. Where do you use it to clean?

(29 Posts)
strawberry1122 Tue 22-May-18 19:17:37

Just read the bleaching the door frames thread. Read quite a lot of people saying they dislike bleach and others saying they use it everywhere. So, where do we all use bleach around the home? I'm talking the thick domestos type stuff. For me its down the loo mainly, then i will also add a splash of bleach for mopping the bathroom floor. Other than that its just bleaching the kitchen sink once a week.

Fluffyears Tue 22-May-18 19:40:13

Rinse the kitchen bin with it when I change the bin bag as sometimes there is ‘garbage water’ 🤮

bluerunningshoes Tue 22-May-18 19:42:14

nowhere
unless we are ill with d&v (very rarely)

HildaZelda Tue 22-May-18 19:44:51

I don't use it anywhere. I hate the smell of it. I use toilet cleaner for the loo and whatever kitchen/bathroom spray I pick up on offer for there.

strawberry1122 Tue 22-May-18 19:47:11

Rinse the kitchen bin with it when I change the bin bag as sometimes there is ‘garbage water’

Always makes me think of the simpsons episode when homer falls out with the bin men when i hear the phase garbage water or garbage juice grin

defineme Tue 22-May-18 19:47:28

I use it on mildew and down toilets. Also if we have vomiting bug.

Narya Tue 22-May-18 19:48:17

Down the loo - I alternate between bleach and normal toilet cleaner. Occasionally I'll put it down plugholes if they start to smell. But that's it!

Thisnamechanger Tue 22-May-18 19:51:00

The bottom of the food bin boak!

ItsNiceItsDifferentItsUnusual Tue 22-May-18 19:51:02

Only down the loo.

Dh used some in lieu of floor cleaner last week and we smelt like a pub toilet.

I am very clean, but really dislike using strong chemical cleaners.

kaytee87 Tue 22-May-18 19:52:49

Down the toilet
The bath occasionally (normal anti-bac in between)
Sink plug holes
Occasionally on the kitchen & bathroom floors (normal floor cleaner in between)
Kitchen bin

AlonsoTigerHeart Tue 22-May-18 19:53:42

Bathroom full clean weekly
Kitchen bin when needed
Squirt down the loo every eve

Sparklingbrook Tue 22-May-18 19:55:41

Nowhere. It makes me heave and hate smelling it anywhere.

Lots on MN get through gallons of the stuff it seems.

Theknacktoflying Tue 22-May-18 19:58:17

bleach sanitizes but doesn’t clean

Wellthisunexpected Tue 22-May-18 20:00:19

Never. Don't use bleach and never have. I don't understand why you would.

AvocadosBeforeMortgages Tue 22-May-18 20:02:18

Nowhere, except possibly for some Domestos stuff that promises to make my loo white and may contain bleach.

My home is reasonably clean but I don't believe in being sterile and using anti bacterial stuff everywhere (except wiping down kitchen counters). Dirt builds your immune system, and I haven't had a bug bad enough to keep me off work for about 4 years.

bluerunningshoes Tue 22-May-18 20:04:46

you really do not need to use bleach or other disinfectants for normal household cleaning. unless there is a need due to serious infectious disease or immunocompromised inhabitants.
just soap & water does the job nicely.

MumUndone Tue 22-May-18 20:14:25

Bog and plugholes.

cheeseismydownfall Tue 22-May-18 20:15:18

Nowhere. Revolting stuff.

wonderings Tue 22-May-18 20:16:40

Absolutely everywhere, scurting boards, floors, worktops, toilets, sinks, bath, windowsills, table. If something needs cleaning I use demestos, usually diluted with boiling hot water but sometimes do use it near, I can't get enough of the stuff and absolutely love the smell of it. I just don't feel clean without it 🤷🏻‍♀️

specialsubject Tue 22-May-18 20:20:28

almost nowhere - occasionally as a spray to get rid of mould. never down the toilet as we have a septic tank, and why you would buy stuff to chuck into the sewer is beyond me anyway.

sprinkleofsunshine Tue 22-May-18 20:20:30

Thick type bleach down the toilet and to clean the bins out mainly.

NotUmbongoUnchained Tue 22-May-18 20:21:47

Toilet, bath and sinks

NotUmbongoUnchained Tue 22-May-18 20:22:26

By bath I mean bottom of the shower bit thing.
I don’t have a bath grin

strawberry1122 Tue 22-May-18 20:24:40

I honestly cannot fathom the concept of cleaning the loo without bleach. It just sounds alien to me. I got that from my mum. I always remember at bath time her putting it down the loo and the room smelling like a swimming pool.

bridgetosomewhere Tue 22-May-18 20:37:06

Toilets and occasionally in the bin or wheelie bin when I clean it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: