Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What are you doing at lunch?

(19 Posts)
cjt110 Tue 22-May-18 11:55:13

I am going to go and sit in my car, after driving a little away from work, and listen to an audiobook for an hour.

I ate my lunch at 11 as I was starving.

vampirethriller Tue 22-May-18 12:00:01

I'm at home eating syrup sponge and watching Red Dwarf.

SpikyCoconut Tue 22-May-18 12:02:52

Eating lunch in my car. Hoping to squeeze in a nap. Shattered.

ProzacAndWine Tue 22-May-18 12:02:59

Both DH and I are home today, and both have appointments just after lunch time. No appetite for lunch, so I'm just having some cold brew with milk. I think I'll cook some spicy fish burgers (+ bread roll, relish and salad) later on in the afternoon, when we're both back home.

OhHolyFuck Tue 22-May-18 12:05:08

Going for a nap - worked 3pm yesterday til 10am this morning and doing 3pm-midnight later so squeezing in a disco nap!

itallhappensforareason Tue 22-May-18 12:06:48

All rock 'n' roll over here - eating lunch at my desk.

cjt110 Tue 22-May-18 12:07:19

My friend calls then "Nana Naps" OhHoly

3legs Tue 22-May-18 12:09:10

At my desk, headphones in, doing my best to ignore the colleague who is driving me insane.

Unfortunately despite headphones, screen locked and being on my phone, people keep coming to ask work related queries. It's nice to be needed but it's nicer to have 20 minutes peace!

BitchQueen90 Tue 22-May-18 12:10:15

Eating lunch at my desk. Nowhere else to go.

cjt110 Tue 22-May-18 12:11:59

3legs That's precisely why I get away from my desk. People think as you're at your desk you must be working. And I dont want to sit in the car in the carpark because it just looks odd.

cjt110 Tue 22-May-18 12:12:22

Cant you take a walk around the block Bitch?

Pebblespony Tue 22-May-18 12:12:49

I just got up & had brunch. Dh was on baby minding duty. Still on maternity leave so a stroll with the dog (and maybe the baby) in the sun is on the cards now.

Stephisaur Tue 22-May-18 12:15:53

Lunch in 15 minutes, will be eating it with my Husband in the kitchen at work.

If I don't chew my arm off before then, that is!

Blobbyweeble Tue 22-May-18 12:22:47

I'm going out for an early lunch with my grown up son and daughter. smile before my night shift. So pleased that they're still happy to have lunch with me even though they're in their early 20s. DH may join us later if he can.

BiddyPop Tue 22-May-18 12:26:58

My intention is to eat my packed salad, then knit for 20 minutes (possibly with the door closed and radio on for news). Too tired to motivate myself.

I may surprise myself though thanks to this thread, and walk to Cotswold to collect my camping cot that arrived there yesterday.

Oh the excitement.....

Taffeta Tue 22-May-18 12:31:47

Eating it on a train on the way home from work - when get in will work from home.

ABeautifulSunnyMonday Tue 22-May-18 12:44:52

Day out - lunch at Eneko in London

cjt110 Tue 22-May-18 12:59:25

Biddy Go for that stroll!! <Was it you that posted about a cot for in a trailer tent?>

BiddyPop Wed 23-May-18 15:10:19

Hi cjt110, I did go for the stroll (and back through the hordes of tourists!! The package was not a nice small tent-bag-like one but a large award cardboard carton!).

It's for a regular tent, just that I've admitted my bones are aging and don't like the ground anymore, especially when my sleep will be inevitably broken by Cub Scouts.

Today, I strolled back from a presentation in another building about 20 minutes walk away in the glorious sunshine. And then chatted to colleagues while I ate my salad - for a change (rather than hibernating in my office).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: