Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Well this is a fun way to spend a night...TMI sorry

(31 Posts)
confusedofengland Tue 22-May-18 00:28:05

Glued to the toilet. Bout of cystitis, used to get it loads as a teen & not had it in about 15 years but it's back with a vengeance, sore & lots of blood sad

Am drinking pints & pints of water & DH has just bought me some Tesco relief sachets which I have had one of, so hoping that works.

Any one else still up?

AjasLipstick Tue 22-May-18 00:34:15

Cranberry juice OP....it really does work. I do feel for you but if there's blood you need medical advice too...GP tomorrow?

confusedofengland Tue 22-May-18 00:37:20

Yes will get on to GP first thing. Have got cranberry juice but wasn't sure if it was just preventative or might even make things worse. Thanks.

FissionChips Tue 22-May-18 00:39:11

Peeing whilst in a bath can help, sounds nasty but it’ll hopefully give you a little relief for a while.

Copperbonnet Tue 22-May-18 00:39:28

Oh you poor soul OP I hope you feel better soon. flowers

I’m in the USA so it’s only 6:40pm here. I’m MNing while making dinner.

Whyarealltheusernamestaken Tue 22-May-18 00:41:27

I would go with cranberry juice, gallons of it, poor you sad

halfwitpicker Tue 22-May-18 00:42:22

You poor thing. Hot water bottle on your tum?

LadyB49 Tue 22-May-18 00:47:15

Baking Sofa dissolved in water. Drink it it might help neutralise the acidity.

LadyB49 Tue 22-May-18 00:48:16

Ooops.... Baking soda

Olinguito Tue 22-May-18 01:01:29

I find cranberry juice makes an attack worse. I think it's only recommended as a preventative measure.

sycamore54321 Tue 22-May-18 01:05:11

Lots of blood doesn't sound like standard symptoms. I would ring the NHS advice line to be sure that it is safe to wait until morning.

confusedofengland Tue 22-May-18 01:27:08

Just managed to sleep for half an hour so store medicine is working I think. No bath as we only have a shower sad

FeralBeryl Tue 22-May-18 01:35:16

Oh bless you sad big jug of lukewarm water to try and pour over yourself as you wee to dilute your urine before it touches your skin.
Lots of water.
Do you feel otherwise well? Any temperature/chills? Any pains in your back or loin too?

sycamore54321 Tue 22-May-18 02:18:33

Sounds utterly grim but if you absolutely have to, could you "dunk" into a basin or large bucket of lukewarm water to urinate if the pain is that bad? Although I repeat that high degrees of pain and emitting lots of blood is worthy of a phone call to the advice line at least.

Puffycat Tue 22-May-18 02:35:43

Water, water and more water. So sorry, feel for you OP, it’s shite isn’t it?

confusedofengland Tue 22-May-18 07:59:52

Thank you for all the replies, I didn't think I'd get any at that time of night!

Feeling about 95% better this morning- managed to sleep from about 2.30am-7am & this morning there is no pain as such (Just a tingle) & no blood smile So will keep on the water today & also some cranberry juice & take it easy.

Dropdeadfredra Tue 22-May-18 08:02:04

I don't remember any blood with cystitis. I would get that checked.

confusedofengland Tue 22-May-18 08:04:18

I remember having it last time I had cystitis, so I think it may be normal for me iyswim?

FeralBeryl Tue 22-May-18 11:18:36

It can be quite common in acute cystitis to bleed, but it's still worth getting checked out by your GP if symptoms persist. Just to check you've not got an infection further up your urinary tract that may require different treatment. Glad you're feeling a little better though. Awful awful thing, I've only had it twice and remember the eye watering pain vividly. thanks

confusedofengland Tue 22-May-18 13:27:55

I'm feeling a bit worse now than I was first thing so have got emergency docs appointment. Amazingly they can fit me in after school run & before swimming lessons grin

confusedofengland Tue 22-May-18 13:28:50

Should I take a urine sample with me?

Kittykat93 Tue 22-May-18 13:31:12

Don't drink loads of cranberry juice as it makes it worse! Glad you're being seen by a GP. I suffer with cystitis a lot and it's utterly miserable. I find a hot water bottle, lots of water, paracetamol and the cystitis relief sachets help me loads.

FeralBeryl Tue 22-May-18 13:47:29

Yes take one, even if it looks clear to you, any microscopic traces of blood will show up.
Glad you're going thanks let us know how you get on

BuffysFavouriteStake Tue 22-May-18 14:38:20

I recommend waterfall d mannose (get mine online, usually arrives next day, but some chemists or health shops stock it) Absolutely wonderful, and I suffered for years. Hope you feel better soon OP.

confusedofengland Tue 22-May-18 16:35:42

Doctor said it is infection & has given me prescription for antibiotics.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: