Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What is everyone doing for bank holiday/half term?

(43 Posts)
twinklz Mon 21-May-18 09:23:15

What is everyone doing for bank holiday/ half term?

BitchQueen90 Mon 21-May-18 09:45:16

DS has a school friend's party. BBQs in the garden and picnics in the park. I'm working Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so D'S will be spending time with family members. No big plans for this one as we had a holiday at Easter and hsve another booked for the summer hols.

twinklz Mon 21-May-18 10:14:23

Nice bitch, where did you go at easterand where are you going for summer?

BitchQueen90 Mon 21-May-18 12:10:43

We just did Butlins at Easter. We're going to Malta in August although reading on MN a lot of people hated it there so I'm a bit wary now! Going with an open mind though.

twinklz Mon 21-May-18 13:00:41

Well it’s guaranteed sunshine! Enjoy 🙂

RatOnnaStick Mon 21-May-18 13:02:24

Chessington this weekend, mum paid for us to stay in the hotel there. I'm apprehensive as it's bank holiday weekend but there's no changing it. What will be will be.

ohtheholidays Tue 22-May-18 01:14:27

Were going away for a few days(in the uk) for DD's 15th birthday another day were all going to a friends for a bbq,might have a day trip or two as well to the seaside.

YoucancallmeVal Tue 22-May-18 01:18:13

We are off to Barcelona for 3 nights then back in time for some serious house cleaning and the dentist.

Lolimax Tue 22-May-18 01:42:00

Uni Friday morning then down to our caravan until Monday. I can’t wait!

MrsJonesAndMe Tue 22-May-18 06:44:21

I'm working Tues-Thurs. DS has swimming lessons 4 mornings, DD has her normal weekly one.

I'm hoping we can get to the cinema and if the weather plays ball some fresh air.

softkittywarmkitty28 Tue 22-May-18 06:46:34

Radio ones biggest weekend! Can't wait 😊

GrumpyOldMare Tue 22-May-18 06:47:47

Working.But that's food and beverage for you.

BloodyBosch Tue 22-May-18 07:02:23

Work, Work, Work here too 😔 weather forecast means we will be very busy. Same as @GrumpyOldMare - love the user name! Must be the industry that causes us to feel that way!! 🤣🤣
In fact, please be aware that lots of food establishments will be busier than normal, staff will almost always be doing their very best to get your food to you - and you can bet your bottom dollar they would rather be the customer enjoying a day out than stuck in work! Be nice 😁 makes everyone's day better.
@BitchQueen90 I went to Tunisia around 12 years ago, off season break. All people had were stories of how awful it was there etc etc. We had a wonderful time - sometimes it is what you make of it, not what it is, and the complainers May have expected too much? Hope you have a great time.

BitchQueen90 Tue 22-May-18 08:42:31

Thanks bloody I'm excited to go as I've never been before and I love visiting new countries. I've never been anywhere I hated before, I can always find something I like.

flowers to those who work in hospitality. I did it for years so I'm always polite to waiting staff. I don't know why some people seem to expect instant service when they rock up on a sunny bank holiday lunchtime without a booking.

twinklz Tue 22-May-18 10:10:05

Bitch -you will enjoy 🙂

Stompythedinosaur Tue 22-May-18 10:15:37

I'm away (dp is having the kids) the first weekend. I think we'll try the beach on bank holiday Monday, and we have tickets for Matilda on the Wednesday. Will probably have friends round other days, see dm, maybe another day out.

celtiethree Tue 22-May-18 10:22:05

Nothing because we’re in Scotland so no half term, also in our council area no bank holiday on Monday! Counting down to school finishing on June 29th and looking toward to seven relaxing weeks of no school smile

Dandybelle Tue 22-May-18 10:26:05

We're going camping!! Me DP and DD along with 4 other couples. I've never been camping before I'm very excited grin

FoofFighter Tue 22-May-18 10:45:44

As above, nothing as it's a normal week in Scotland. Kids break up on 29th June though so not long to wait.

champagneplanet Tue 22-May-18 10:52:49

Taking DCs out with DM on Friday
Pool party on Sat day for DD2, BBQ Sat eve at BILs
Packing on Sunday, will send DCs out with MIL
Holiday park in the UK Mon-Fri, really looking forwards getting away from work and the daily grind smile
Need to get myself organised don't I! Hope the weather stays nice for half term, it's so much easier/cheaper to entertain the DCs when the weather is good.

Buglife Tue 22-May-18 10:55:59

I’m incredibly pregnant and DH is going away for work Tuesday to Friday of half term week so my parents are coming to help with 3 year old DS who’s off pre school for half term. We are doing a seaside trip and some children’s dinosaur event. I am just not able to be very entertaining and can’t waddle far! We don’t have any plans for bank holiday weekend as we came back from Greece last Friday and hadn’t really thought past that.

Iwantacampervan Tue 22-May-18 11:00:22

Lots of revision (I hope) as A' levels after half term for eldest and youngest has a BTech exam - what fun!

sugarbum Tue 22-May-18 11:06:32

We're going to see the Harlem Globetrotters on Saturday. No interest in basketball whatsoever, but it was hubbys birthday present. Hopefully the kids will enjoy the show <it cost enough> smile

twinklz Tue 22-May-18 23:05:37

Thanks all

twinklz Wed 23-May-18 10:54:04

Anyone else?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: