Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What do I do now?

(12 Posts)
whatthefuc Sun 20-May-18 21:08:16

My partner has just told me to pack my bags and get out. I am not going, I have 3 kids and no where to go. This has made me realise I have no friends really as I can't think of anyone to call to help or anywhere I can go. I have just had to cuddle my youngest to sleep whilst reassuring the middle one I am not going anywhere. They are so scared as we don't usually argue (it's easier to just ignore him than engage but I bit this time)

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sun 20-May-18 21:11:08

The horrible cunt doing that to his children.
Telling their mother to leave. The poor little things.
To be honest op. I'd be looking into divorce proceedings first thing. flowers

whatthefuc Sun 20-May-18 21:17:20

I am fucked though. He has all the money and i have a huge overdraft. He has always paid the mortgage (although I am on it) and so thinks he has more right to stay here than me. His name is in everything.

Pandoraphile Sun 20-May-18 21:38:59

What has actually happened and why? We need a bit more background here.

GreatDuckCookery Sun 20-May-18 21:42:44

Where did this come from? Why has he told you to go?

WidoWanky Sun 20-May-18 21:49:05

Get your hands on any paperwork you can. Even if its just photos of bank or account details.

Get your kids birth certificates, passports, anything you have. Then pack a bag ready in case you dont go home for a night or two.

I am so sorry you are going through this. Citizens advice? Local womens shelter? Housing dept? Call tax credits to tell of a change of circumstances. If joint accounts, go into the bank and advice of marital split. Accounts will be frozen.take any cash out you need first, it will just stop him spending everything in there. Any joint overdrafts, get them frozen so he cant max out the o/d. ditto with joint credit cards.

Speak to a family solicitor. You should get free initial consultation.

Been there op. Its hard but get all your info together and get busy tomorrow. You should have a clearer picture tomorrow night. X

Singlenotsingle Sun 20-May-18 22:17:00

You call him your partner. Are you married?
Is the house in joint names?

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sun 20-May-18 22:19:53

If you're married half ofull everything is yours. Wether or not you paid a million pounds into it or not a penny.

BrutusMcDogface Sun 20-May-18 22:43:08

Why did he ask you to leave? Sounds like you need to do some research into how you can split and stay financially ok. Hope your kids are ok flowers

MightyMucks Sun 20-May-18 22:48:08

Are the children his?

MightyMucks Sun 20-May-18 22:49:01

Just because if they are his kids that gives you more rights to stay IIRC.

thegreatbeyond Sun 20-May-18 22:52:06

If the kids are his and you are on the mortgage, then I would imagine you can actually get HIM removed if he's being abusive in this way.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: