Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Princess Eugenie's wedding in October

(292 Posts)
mustardcream Sun 20-May-18 18:22:20

I watched the royal wedding on the tv at home yesterday and after seeing all the crowds & such a great atmosphere in Windsor yesterday I'm contemplating going to watch Princess Eugenie when she gets married in the same place later this year. Anyone else thinking the same?

NapQueen Sun 20-May-18 18:24:05

I wont go and watch but we did have a little buffet on for H&M and watched them at home and it was lovely so if its on tv I will do the same.

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Sun 20-May-18 18:25:23

It won’t be on the same scale as yesterday.

SleepFreeZone Sun 20-May-18 18:27:19

Oh gosh she’s going to cringe if there are no crowds bless her. I just can’t see it’s going to get the same level of interest so if I were her I’d have done something private and low key.

NapQueen Sun 20-May-18 18:32:18

I think its a Friday so presumably will be less busy in that regard too. I think a sensible thing would be to keep it all within the castle, televise the entrance for guests and the service and departure and thats it. No procession round the town or hours and hours of prechatter.

Everexpandingwaistline Sun 20-May-18 18:34:03

I hope she has a decent dress designer to advise her. Her choice of wedding guest outfit yesterday made her look very matronly.

annandale Sun 20-May-18 18:35:11

Will it be on telly? Surely not?

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 20-May-18 18:37:25

I didn’t think it would be on tv but if it is I will watch it.

cherrytrees123 Sun 20-May-18 18:39:04

I don't like her much, so no, I'm not interested.

NapQueen Sun 20-May-18 18:39:09

I reckon P.Andrew will insist on it being televised.

Oldraver Sun 20-May-18 18:52:56

I cant see the general public being that interested that it needs to be televised

EdWinchester Sun 20-May-18 18:55:18

She'll be glad of a well-wisher. Don't suppose there will be more than a handful.

RunMummyRun68 Sun 20-May-18 18:55:53

She's a minor royal

Doubt it will do more than make a quick mention in the evening news

SoMuchToBits Sun 20-May-18 18:56:19

I hope it will be on tv. It will give me a good excuse to do another Playmobil wedding. I've already got some new ideas for the next one.

daysofpearlyspencer Sun 20-May-18 18:58:48

TBH don't really think of her as a royal and don't believe she should be called a princess, total respect for Zara Phillips/Tindall who makes her own way in the world as much as she is able. Eugenis and beautrice just hangers on

RexManning Sun 20-May-18 19:00:34

I imagine it'll be comparable to the weddings of Zara and Peter Phillips, so TV coverage of the arrivals etc but not of the ceremony.

Deathraystare Sun 20-May-18 19:00:56

TBH don't really think of her as a royal and don't believe she should be called a princess, total respect for Zara Phillips/Tindall who makes her own way in the world as much as she is able. Eugenis and beautrice just hangers on.

Mmm agree. Didn't Zara look lovely too!

Notthatwomanagain Sun 20-May-18 19:02:40

Ugh no way
She always appears to be sucking up the benefits of being a royal with little effort to do much in return
No interest in her at all and if her wedding costs the tax payer it’s a poor show

sonjadog Sun 20-May-18 19:05:04

I doubt it would be televised. Have the weddings of royals of similar relation to the crown been on television?

AsAProfessionalFekko Sun 20-May-18 19:06:56

Is Zahra not a princess then? How's that?

ChoccyJules Sun 20-May-18 19:08:31

Princess Anne rejected the titles on her childrens' behalf.

Tansytaylor Sun 20-May-18 19:08:59

Why are you calling them hangers on? They're part of the royal family FFS. Their grandma is the queen.

There won't be the level of interest no. But I honestly despair at some of the stupid dense comments on MN at the moment. Are you really that thick? (Answer - yes)

kingseat2016 Sun 20-May-18 19:09:13

Princess Anne refused HRH for both of her children. Neither have a title.

KatherinaMinola Sun 20-May-18 19:09:16

Princess Anne didn't want her children to have royal titles.

Eugenie does have a job - she isn't paid to be a royal, so that's why you don't see her out and about doing royal things.

Keen to see her wedding dress though grin

Queenie72 Sun 20-May-18 19:10:25

Zara isn’t a Princess as Princess Anne chose for neither of her children to have princess / Prince title x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: