Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Question about the fit of Kate’s wedding dress coat dress - bothering me!

(80 Posts)
PinguDance Sun 20-May-18 16:07:29

So genuinely this has been confusing me since yesterday- what have they done to Kate’s coat dress that makes it fit perfectly on all 4 occasions she’s worn it? In no way am I bashing Kate for being bigger since having Louis but she was tiny when she wore it before! Have they let it out? Did she have a copy made? Is it just magic and fits her perfectly regardless of size? I want to know!

OdileDeCaray Sun 20-May-18 16:08:15

Because her weight doesn't fluctuate much unless heavily pregnant.

PinguDance Sun 20-May-18 16:08:47

Exhibit A

www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5747789/amp/Duchess-Cambridge-stuns-Alexander-McQueen-coat-wedding.html

annandale Sun 20-May-18 16:10:54

I should think she watches her size like a hawk and doesn't eat if she goes 0.1 kilo up. I'm sure she has top quality underwear too which makes all the difference.

PinguDance Sun 20-May-18 16:11:29

Must stress I’m not bashing Kate at all - just interested in the sewing!

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Sun 20-May-18 16:22:38

I love the side eye she gave Camilla grin

BossWitch Sun 20-May-18 16:23:02

I don't think she looks to be a different size in any of those pictures! I would think some industrial strength spanx would be enough to do the trick.

BigGreenOlives Sun 20-May-18 16:27:04

I think it looked quite a bit snugger on her yesterday than in the other photos but it still fits her. Three high profile outings for one outfit is great value, I expect we’ll see it again.

OlennasWimple Sun 20-May-18 16:31:00

She's probably a similar size now to when she was at Charlotte's christening. I think it was taken in slightly for the Passchendael ceremony (it looks nipped in at the waist). Good quality clothes can take letting in and out in a way that cheaper fabrics can't

WindyWednesday Sun 20-May-18 16:32:08

I really admire her for wearing her clothes more than once.

PinguDance Sun 20-May-18 16:40:34

Maybe I’m underestimating the power of Spanx! @OlennasWimple, I think you might be right, she looks noticeably smaller to me in that picture. Does go to show the value of a good seamstress. envy (definitely envy)

MightyMucks Sun 20-May-18 16:43:35

I thought it was quite rude to wear an outfit she’s worn so many times before which she knew would be commented on too. It’s not like she couldn’t afford a new dress.

JustSeeingHowManyCharactersWeC Sun 20-May-18 16:44:55

I think she actually looks like she fills it now, it fits nicely.

RockinRobinTweets Sun 20-May-18 16:47:33

I thought she was probably trying her hardest to not make yesterday about her in any way. She looked beautiful regardless.

ppeatfruit Sun 20-May-18 16:49:03

It's not rude , it's how the UC are, they don't have to 'show' how wealthy they are. E.G. they wouldn't go around in great big expensive jewels, (not all the time) because they CAN if you see what I mean!

InfiniteSheldon Sun 20-May-18 16:49:58

U love that she recycles clothes, slightly different body shape change the hat hair and makeup at voila tbd it would get very tedious to have to wear new every time. Princess Anne on a side note is still the same size she was in her twenties apparently

brizzledrizzle Sun 20-May-18 16:50:24

I thought it was quite rude to wear an outfit she’s worn so many times before which she knew would be commented on too. It’s not like she couldn’t afford a new dress.

Why? It's not like she was the mother of the bride or a very close relative.

Teacuphiccup Sun 20-May-18 16:52:04

I don’t think it was rude at all, it meant that the headlines weren’t all about her dress and who designed it etc.
I think it shows real class

sdaisy26 Sun 20-May-18 16:53:24

It did look a bit snugger on the tummy yesterday. No criticism or surprise - she did just have her third baby! But I didn't think it was quite a perfect fit.

MightyMucks Sun 20-May-18 16:54:29

t's not rude , it's how the UC are, they don't have to 'show' how wealthy they are.

Not the Royal Family. They don’t recycle outfits that often and when they do it’s for fairly unremarkable engagements. A senior royal wearing recycled clothes at the wedding of another senior royal seems like a calculated snub. And KM will definitely know that even if some posters on this thread don’t.

ppeatfruit Sun 20-May-18 16:54:43

FGS i'd forgotten she's just had a baby! She looked amazing!

SidandAndyssextoy Sun 20-May-18 16:56:37

Maybe she couldn't get anything new given that she wouldn't have known in advance what size she would be? The only solution would have been off the peg bought at the last minute, and then she would have been criticised for only wearing something 'cheap'.

OlennasWimple Sun 20-May-18 17:00:47

Of course the senior royals recycle clothes - the Queen does it all the time!

Wearing different shoes and hats makes it almost a new outfit - it's a sensible way to make the most of good quality clothes

HateSummer Sun 20-May-18 17:01:44

And when do you suggest she should’ve been fitted for the dress? When she was 36/37 weeks pregnant? Or right after she’d given birth that would’ve left 3 weeks for the dress to be made and her weight would’ve changed dramatically in that time?

Silly people.

Dropdeadfredra Sun 20-May-18 17:01:57

Princess Anne is known for making clothes last. Some of her outfits are 30 plus years old. She wore a recycled suit to Lady Helen Windsor's wedding. I like the idea. Why by quality clothes that are made to last and wear them once?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: