Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

My wedding dress isnt sexy

(52 Posts)
Whisky2014 Sun 20-May-18 12:58:28

Should it be? I have bought a double layer lacey dress which i do love but im wondering if i shpuld have a sexier evening gown style to change into for the evening reception.
Ive been to 2 weddings this year and both brides wore tight fitting dresses showing of their figure. I have a good hour glass figure.
Or is it just greedy and show offish to have 2? I love my dress and my partner says i only get one day to wear it so why change.

KitanaKay Sun 20-May-18 12:59:42

No right or wrong to it - you do what makes you feel good on the day!

gamerwidow Sun 20-May-18 13:00:09

Your not supposed to look sexy. You’re a bride not a playboy model. The look you should be aiming for in my opinion is demure and classy.

gamerwidow Sun 20-May-18 13:01:22

That being said im a supporter of women wearing whatever the hell they want so if you would feel more comfortable in another dress in the evening then go for it.

GummyGoddess Sun 20-May-18 13:01:24

Does it make you feel really good about yourself? If yes then it's doing its job.

isthismummy Sun 20-May-18 13:02:53

I had two dresses for my wedding day. They were both beautiful vintage dresses. I changed on the night because my day one was long and too heavy to dance in.

I was gutted to take the first dress off though. I loved it so much.

If you want two dresses then go for itsmile

Onceuponatimethen Sun 20-May-18 13:04:08

Mine wasn’t either - no law says it has to be and you should do what suits you

Whisky2014 Sun 20-May-18 13:04:16

Yeh it does! It may be tricky to dance in but i think ill get some buttons to hook it up. Its this:
goo.gl/images/911MJF

OdileDeCaray Sun 20-May-18 13:05:11

Sexy is in the eye of the beholder.

I can't see why you can't have a formal day dress and a lighter/unemcumbered one for the evening.

AppleKatie Sun 20-May-18 13:05:49

Er as wedding dresses go I’d say that is quite sexy.

But I agree sexy isn’t the look you should be aiming for on your wedding imo.

Whisky2014 Sun 20-May-18 13:07:31

It looks more sexy on that model...to me its really very bridal. No cleavage shows or anything and im not as thing as she is! Unfortunately :D

lucy2204 Sun 20-May-18 13:10:18

Your wedding dress is beautiful! 😍I wouldn't wna change!, I'd wna show that off as much as I can...X

Whisky2014 Sun 20-May-18 13:13:17

Ok just had a momentary blip in loss of confidence. Thanks lucy!

Onceuponatimethen Sun 20-May-18 13:15:00

It’s beautiful smile

Caaarrrl Sun 20-May-18 13:17:50

That's a stunning dress! Don't buy a second one if you don't want to. I'd want to keep that on a long as possible. Wedding dresses, in my opinion, should not be sexy. There is a time and a place for sexy clothes and I don't think your wedding day is one of them personally. The wedding night maybe wink .

weedding gowns should be classy and flattering. That dress is both of those.

specialsubject Sun 20-May-18 13:18:17

that's really pretty and has detail without fuss. Enjoy!

KitanaKay Sun 20-May-18 13:19:45

Stunning - I would leave that one on and make the most of every moment wearing it personally!

Whisky2014 Sun 20-May-18 13:20:07

Oh hoo hoo thanks everyone. Im really excited about it again! I have a veil too and when i put that on i felt like a real bridey bride.

Jozxyqk Sun 20-May-18 13:21:06

That dress is so beautiful. My only thought would be, does it have some way of scooping up the train, for example a hidden loop for your wrist, so that other guests don't step on it in the evening. If so, definitely go for it. It's stunning & I bet you'll look sensational.

Scribblegirl Sun 20-May-18 13:21:19

Great dress.

Sexy on brides really isn’t my thing. When I was trying on dresses my mother in law kept commenting that my boobs looked amazing and everyone would be talking about them on the day - eventually I snapped and informed her that I really didn’t want people commenting about my tits on my wedding day blush horses for courses but I just don’t get why you’d want to focus on being sexy on a day that’s about making a serious vow - no judgment, it just doesn’t seem to fit the theme of the day for me.

BrendasUmbrella Sun 20-May-18 13:22:40

Meghan's wasn't sexy, and Royal wedding dresses do tend to set trends...

LML83 Sun 20-May-18 13:22:49

Gorgeous dress! Change if you want, but don't feel pressured to. I agree it's your one day to wear it, and why waste your time on the day getting changed. When you get it altered they will have suggestions for evening, usually some kind of button to pin the train up.

I have never been to a wedding where the bride got changed so would not say it's expected.

iggleypiggly Sun 20-May-18 13:24:40

I think the dress is stunning. It’s just perfect flowers

Whisky2014 Sun 20-May-18 13:25:40

The bride shop assistant said it would need around 3 buttons at the back to hook it all up..think thats was easier and more comfy and keeping it attached to my wrist especislly if we do some ceilidh dances.

bearbehind Sun 20-May-18 13:26:36

As wedding dresses go I'd definitely say that one is on the 'sexy' end of the scale- I thought it was completely see through when I first looked but I'm guessing it has a nude coloured lining.

As others have said, it's not about how 'sexy' it is or not- it's about how you feel in it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: