Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

We've just got the weirdest note through our letterbox - I'm bemused

(85 Posts)
PanPanPanPing Sat 19-May-18 20:58:58

Here it is. Hand delivered and an original hand written note, so possibly written to one particular house. But this is the weird thing. There's just DP and I at home. No guests, no party. We haven't even been in the garden this afternoon, apart from DP cutting the grass at about 4/4.30 pm. And the note was put through our door at about 8.30pm.

SneakyGremlins Sat 19-May-18 21:00:21

Wrong house? confused unless they mean it happened another day and have only just put the note through

kaytee87 Sat 19-May-18 21:01:37

Must be the wrong house. Can you hear noise coming from another house?

SecretStash Sat 19-May-18 21:02:02

I’ve put a note like this through the wrong door once!!
I just didn’t realise that the noise was coming from next to me rather than opposite me. I have no idea how I got it wrong because it was SO BASTARD LOUD!

MsHomeSlice Sat 19-May-18 21:02:38

what WERE you doing when you were not in the garden this afternoon? Loud raucous sex and bad language? take me Tarquin you saucy fucker

hugoagogo Sat 19-May-18 21:02:41

It sounds like they have got the wrong house.
Maybe you could supply a diagram of your street...

AssassinatedBeauty Sat 19-May-18 21:03:25

Have you been loud swearing a generally loud talking between you and your DH?!

Perhaps they've mistaken where the noise is coming from, maybe sounds have carried/reflected. Or they're having some sort of issue that's making them think that this is happening. Either way, I'd recycle it and think no more of it.

OdileDeCaray Sat 19-May-18 21:03:53

Join nextdoor.co.uk

Post the picture of the note.

SneakyGremlins Sat 19-May-18 21:04:34

grin Tarquin

MyKingdomForBrie Sat 19-May-18 21:04:50

Have you been having a row in the house with the windows open?!

PanPanPanPing Sat 19-May-18 21:06:10

I'm sure it must be the wrong house - we are in Inner London, so all close together! But I was bemused by the fact that the note is hand-written (and not copied). I mean, how many hand written notes have they made and delivered?!

MayFayner Sat 19-May-18 21:07:33

Ooh I'd be raging! I hate being blamed for things I haven't done angry

Do you hear the loud shouty sweaty people from your garden?

MayFayner Sat 19-May-18 21:08:02

Sweary!
Not sweaty

Redditc Sat 19-May-18 21:08:57

Urrrgh, why do people do that?! If there's a problem, just knock the door and communicate like a god damn adult. Anonymous sneaky letters are gutless and utterly pathetic. Grow up!

You can't even defend yourself OP!

StealthPolarBear Sat 19-May-18 21:10:11

Opi think they just sent the one. They think it's you

ShatnersBassoon Sat 19-May-18 21:10:49

I'd have been out knocking on doors until I'd find out who'd mistaken me for a bad neighbour. I'd be in full fishwife mode!

PanPanPanPing Sat 19-May-18 21:13:09

And to answer other questions. DP and I are far too ancient for loud sex/swearing in the garden! Lawn mowing between 4-5 pm doesn't involve that kind of shenanigans either. No loud rows with the windows open either. All the neighbours could hear is me chatting to the cats grin

firstbornforbread Sat 19-May-18 21:15:00

Write "wrong house, try again" on the bottom and attach it to your front door. It should embarrass the sender and alert neighbours to the fact whoever has been swearing loudly has pissed off a note writer 😄

PanPanPanPing Sat 19-May-18 21:16:18

May, yes, I think possibly somewhere down the road.

Stealth, now come on! You know I'm not like that!!

UpstartCrow Sat 19-May-18 21:17:59

Its clearly a chain letter. Write it out 6 times and pass it on to ward off the evil.

grin

Floralnomad Sat 19-May-18 21:20:22

I would also be knocking on some doors to find out who sent it . We got a weird note once from some random complaining about the cleaning service that I had provided , fortunately they had put their address on , as they wanted a refund of the payment , so I went and asked what they thought they were playing at as I’m not a cleaner and never have been . Turned out that the cleaner had said she lived in one of the roads near the local shops and they had spotted our similar car and made an assumption .

StealthPolarBear Sat 19-May-18 21:21:19

But as someone else says could it not be a neighbour? Have you noticed noise?

AlpacaLypse Sat 19-May-18 21:33:17

I sent a note about a very loud late party to the wrong house once. It turned out the sound had been reflected off a high wall.

NoMorePills Sat 19-May-18 21:36:18

I'm guessing only you got the note, why would there be copies?

Sounds travels very oddly.

PanPanPanPing Sat 19-May-18 21:37:24

I suspect the letter writers are people who back onto our garden - they have many, noisy kids, which we don't complain about. But I think the noisy party people are a bit down the road from us.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: