Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Grab the good vanilla and budder. Barefoot Contessa.

(110 Posts)
blamethecat Sat 19-May-18 07:29:09

Just watched in awe as she had a 'breakfast party' for four. There was a breakfast bread pudding, maple roast bacon (using good maple syrup) and erby tomatoes. There was enough to feed a football team !
There were also lots of shots of her cooking at the hob where you can see the front door, I can imagine poor Jeffrey standing there shouting 'sorry I bought bad budder, please let me in'

IRememberSoIDo Sat 19-May-18 08:51:21

The dinners for her and Jeffrey alone are enough to feed small villages! It's hilarious. Budder and good quality ingredients is key to a happy life

Tiddlywinks63 Sat 19-May-18 08:55:19

I love her! God knows what their cholesterol levels must be 😳😃

SetPhasersTaeMalkie Sat 19-May-18 08:56:11

We love Ina in our house. She's hysterical.

She does a lovely Friday chicken.

Sadly I don't have a Jeffrey to cook for.

BendydickCuminsnatch Sat 19-May-18 08:58:15

Love her and her love of budder

SetPhasersTaeMalkie Sat 19-May-18 08:58:25

Randomly i love the way she says risotto with a long o. For some reason it really tickles me.

FishFingerInjury Sat 19-May-18 09:00:02

If you love Contessa, you need to try Anna Olson, I can’t decide if I love her or hate her.

SetPhasersTaeMalkie Sat 19-May-18 09:03:53

Yes my love for the Contessa is tinged with quite a bit of teeth gnashing. But then she invites a chum round to decorate her table (as you do) and all is forgiven.

IRememberSoIDo Sat 19-May-18 09:10:57

I've been off work sick this week and have developed a fascination with the pioneer woman. It's car crash tv!

WilburIsSomePig Sat 19-May-18 09:12:49

Oh I LOVE Ina! She has a remarkable amount of gay florist friends in a fine array of pastel coloured jumpers. She's awesome.

Borntobeamum Sat 19-May-18 09:51:50

It upsets me when the whole programme is dedicated to Ina cooking for some friends and then she transports it all to their house.........but isn't invited to stay.
I hope they pay for the ingredients!

blamethecat Sat 19-May-18 13:54:16

I also love the Pioneer woman. I'm doing one of her chocolate cakes for ds birthday.
Is Anna Olsen the one with industrial ovens in 'her' kitchen ? I'm not sure about her.

SporkInTheToaster Sat 19-May-18 13:56:42

Riz-oh-doe

MorningsEleven Sat 19-May-18 13:59:58

Yay! A new Ina thread. Eleventy billlion calories in every mouthful and chicken dinner on a Friday.

I follow Ina on FB blush

blamethecat Sun 20-May-18 07:05:32

Oooh I think it's the one with the builders where she makes biscuits in the shapes of tools with their names on. grin

RunningAddict Sun 20-May-18 07:18:11

grin

TimeToDrinkDecaff Sun 20-May-18 07:25:14

RunningAddict grin

My kids are obsessed with Ina, every time they want a treat they follow the request with “how bad can that be?” In their best New York accent. And we all routinely say budder and jeeeffrey. The woman is a legend and also looks unbelievable for her age

Oblomov18 Sun 20-May-18 07:37:14

I too don't get why she makes dinner for all her gay pastel jumper wearing fwends and then doesn't get invited to stay.
Very odd.

IRememberSoIDo Sun 20-May-18 07:50:53

Watching as we speak, a lot of pastel clad people heading to a barbecue. How fun!

blamethecat Sun 20-May-18 07:56:20

Pastel jumpers are a must if you're a friend of Ina.

BlueEyedBengal Sun 20-May-18 08:02:22

I got all her books . She's got one cooking for Jeffery

maras2 Sun 20-May-18 08:06:39

DH and I sometimes 'role play' Ina and Jeffery blush

MellyPapa Sun 20-May-18 08:09:46

An episode called Surprise Beach party, has this description

Just when Ina's friends Frank & Stephen expect a low key supper-Ina has something else in mind- a fun surprise dinner by the ocean. Ina cooks filet of Beef sandwiches, chilled Gazpacho, Endive and Avocado Salad, Grilled herb shrimp and outrageous brownies.

Again, for 4 people! She's crackers!

BlueEyedBengal Sun 20-May-18 08:23:00

What about the one her and Jeffrey had a whole chicken each on their plate in a 3 course dinner for just them selves!shock

YouAreNotImportant Sun 20-May-18 08:27:58

I find watching her programmes so relaxing and calming.

And she seems to genuinely adore Jeffery.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: