Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Doctor call back

(24 Posts)
MrsMyreton Fri 18-May-18 12:37:10

I guess what I'm actually looking for is woolly hugs...

Had been to the doctor yesterday to update pill prescription. As an after thought I mentioned the bottom of my toe had been a bit numb / feeling funny for a few weeks. Doc said, no probs we will do a quick blood test. Off I go quite happy.

At 11:30 this morning I get a call from doctors office asking if they can see me this afternoon to review the results of my blood test.

I have now, of course, given myself weeks to live. Distract me please?? brew

BlueChampagne Fri 18-May-18 12:56:57

Just wanted to say good luck flowers

Cantchooseaname Fri 18-May-18 12:59:06

Oh you must be worried.
Do you have any kitchen cabinets that need sorting out? Keep yourself busy! (If you don’t, I do!!)

MrsMyreton Fri 18-May-18 13:00:13

Thank you @BlueChampagne

Stressing! Have put daughter down for a nap and now twiddling my thumbs until 14:00...

MrsMyreton Fri 18-May-18 13:01:50

@Cantchooseaname Great suggestion! Unfortunately I rearranged all my kitchen cupboards last week so I could fit new child locks on the doors. Might clean out my make up bag... heaven knows what's living in there!

AmazingGrace16 Fri 18-May-18 13:02:28

Good luck 🌼

MrsMyreton Fri 18-May-18 13:04:06

Thank you @AmazingGrace16 ! Hope you're having a good day!

CormoranStrike Fri 18-May-18 13:06:07

Woolly hug heading your way, good luck

AmazingGrace16 Fri 18-May-18 13:06:33

I'm waiting for a Dr to call me back so your post struck a chord!
Suffering horribly with anxiety and depression probably linked to being pregnant and I'm just about to own up to it to the Dr. I feel sick and anxious and teary even waiting for the call. At work and not feeling right at all. sad

MrsMyreton Fri 18-May-18 13:10:52

@CormoranStrike thank you!

Oh @AmazingGrace16 I am sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed they will call you back soon. I've been lucky in that I'm at home today, so I can be a frazzled, anxious mess in private, for a while at least! Best to be completely honest with your doc about how you're feeling and you might feel better for it. You're not alone!

AmazingGrace16 Fri 18-May-18 13:16:53

Thank you.
Dr just phoned and was lovely. I burst into tears and just was honest. He's signed me off for a week which is some relief tbh.

MrsMyreton Fri 18-May-18 13:19:50

Glad to hear it went well @AmazingGrace16 !

MrsMyreton Fri 18-May-18 13:28:24

Ugh why is it when I'm running around stressed trying to fit everything into my normal day times flies past. This last hour it's like time has stopped.

Took DD to her music class this morning and on the walk back I stopped at the shop to buy myself a Wispa Gold, all smug thinking ' when DD is napping this afternoon, I'm going to treat myself to a nice cup of tea and choccy in the garden'. That's gone to pot!

Witchend Fri 18-May-18 13:53:45

Had that with dc once. Very mildly anaemic. Not even needing treatment but wanted to tell me to look out for symptoms and then bring back.
I did tell the Dr he owed me for 24 hours of high blood pressure, and he laughed. grin He's great.

AmazingGrace16 Fri 18-May-18 15:22:09

how did it go op?

MrsMyreton Fri 18-May-18 16:49:02

So I went to the docs, and they said I have a really low white blood count, which could be because I have a cold. So I need to wait two weeks and then they’ll do it again. He asked if I have any tummy pain and I said I sometimes have an awkward feeling on the right hand side, but presumed it was muscles changing since I've had a baby. So he checked my tummy to see if I had an inflamed liver, and when he pressed it, it felt tender, and I didn’t say anything. Now totally kicking myself... now another two week wait before more bloods taken.

AmazingGrace16 Fri 18-May-18 18:02:00

Maybe mention next time you have your bloods done xxx

MrsMyreton Tue 29-May-18 11:58:45

Update for anyone who may be interested.

The stress continues!

The pain in my abdomen got worse so I went back to the doctors last week. They reassured me but asked for me to redo my blood tests, and then book another appointment at the start of June to review them. They have phoned again this morning to say that I need to have another blood test this coming Monday, because of the results of yesterday's... and it will be discussed at my appointment next Wednesday. As you can guess, I'm now imagining all sorts. This is going to be a very long week. I can't concentrate on anything I'm doing and dreading the week ahead.

BlueChampagne Tue 29-May-18 13:10:26

Oh your poor soul - good luck [tea] cake

BlueChampagne Tue 29-May-18 13:11:10

Drat - brew ... or possibly gin

StylishMummy Tue 29-May-18 16:22:37

Good luck @MrsMyreton - waiting for tests is the worst sad

Ollivander84 Tue 29-May-18 16:26:15

If it helps, I had a white blood count done and my neutrophils were virtually none existent. It led to diagnosis of a condition that I control with once weekly injections, that's it. Nothing mega scary smile

polsha Tue 29-May-18 16:29:07

All that waiting sad hope everything is ok

Tufts2018 Wed 13-Jun-18 17:25:07

@MrsMyreton Hope everything is ok.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: