Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

awkward sex dream

(60 Posts)
mrsgumpy Fri 18-May-18 08:09:49

Ugh. Every so often I have random sex dreams about people I am not the LEAST attracted to. Does anyone else have that? Makes me feel very odd when I see the person next (more often than not a colleague) and wonder what the hell is going on in my sub-conscious. For example, a few nights ago, I dreamed I have really good sex with an academic who I had read an article by during the day (I am an academic). This guy is the last person I would ever think about shagging in real life. I don't even like him as a person let alone be attracted to. Any Freuds out there who can explain?

OneStepOneStumble Fri 18-May-18 08:25:07

No wisdom other than yes happens to me too sometimes - I imagine the brain just assigns a face you're used to seeing or have recently thought about in any capacity regardless of attraction. It's always very blushwhen you see them next and obviously you can't explain why 😂

Auldspinster Fri 18-May-18 08:25:14

I had a dream about an old colleague who i'd previously had an easy friendship with. Don't remember much of it except he was pure filth and couldn't look him in the eye afterwards. he must have wondered what the hell happened.

If it was at all true to life his wife is a lucky woman!

mrsgumpy Fri 18-May-18 08:39:23

Hah hah! I was quite surprised by the prowess of this particular person too.

lastqueenofscotland Fri 18-May-18 08:50:18

I had an incredibly graphic one about a housemate once.
blush I was really funny with him for weeks poor thing and he had no idea why

TomRavenscroft Fri 18-May-18 15:31:55

I wonder if squoosh will be along to terrorise us with her Terry Wogan sex dream again. grin

I haven't had a weird sex dream for ages, but I do remember one about a colleague I was on nodding terms with ages ago. Couldn't look him in the eye for WEEKS and dreaded walking in to the kitchen to find him there.

loopylass13 Fri 18-May-18 18:39:23

For me it is quite randy dreams about celebs and family members ( blush ) - suspect in life I want what I can never have hahaha.

ALongHardWinter Fri 18-May-18 18:54:10

I have had 'sex dreams' about Shane Ritchie and..... Alan Titchmarsh. blush

ALongHardWinter Fri 18-May-18 18:58:09

Just out of curiosity,does anyone else have 'sex dreams' about their exes? I have a dream about every 6 months or so about a guy I had a brief relationship with in my late teens (this was 35 years ago). Admittedly,I was smitten with the bloke,but I never dream about any of my other exes.

Echobelly Fri 18-May-18 19:00:46

IMO, dream sex isn't 'sex' really, god knows what it does mean.

I had dreams, including sex dreams, about my ex who I was only with for 9 months, for years later, he was more prevalent in my dreams than my husband for some time, and still appears occasionally, which was odd as it wasn't a big deal as a relationship.

TrickyTreeLou Fri 18-May-18 19:00:47

I had an extremely graphic dream about John Craven about 2 weeks ago,...... confused

loopylass13 Fri 18-May-18 19:53:44

I quite enjoyed when a young Johnny Deep was trying seduce me - was the willing victim in the dream however we kept getting interrupted, GRRR!

Kattymanners Fri 18-May-18 19:59:52

I have this too.

Most notable was with my children’s headmaster... I met him the next day, blushed furiously, shook his hand without looking him in the eye and mumbled my hellos.

God I’m an embarrassing mother to my children sometimes grin

skoda62 Fri 18-May-18 20:00:19

How about this! Once dream'pt shagging a member of the royal family... No, not the queen haha. But she's married to one of her sons.

Now who could that be?

Wafflenose Fri 18-May-18 20:39:42

LOL @ Alan Titchmarsh!!

I had a dream once that I was having sex with Viggo Mortensen (who I do actually fancy). I woke up mortified and upset because it was so realistic that I thought I'd cheated on my husband.

Angharad07 Fri 18-May-18 20:41:14

When I was 15 I dreamt I had sex with my 65 year old maths teacher- the dream its self wasn't particularly 'sexy' but I was a virgin and horrified.

CountFosco Fri 18-May-18 21:03:22

I've had random sex dreams (RSDs) throughout the years. First one was about my friends brother who I did not fancy at all. I dreamt we had sex on the stairs at school as everyone was passing by blush. Like the PP I was a virgin at the time and horrified. Never had one as bad as that again but do have colleagues I've had to avoid for a bit after an inappropriate dream. I've never dreamt about sex with anyone I've actually had sex with but I did have a fantastic sex dream about George Clooney! I was so pleased with my psyche after years of RSDs I told DH who was... less enthusiastic.

Caenea Fri 18-May-18 21:26:47

I had an incredibly graphic dream about Richard Hammond, James May and Jeremy Clarkson and me in some kind of horrendous Top Gear-themed orgy. Leather was involved.

I blamed it on pregnancy hormones and try fairly hard to not think about it, as quite frankly it makes me feel dirty. And not in a good way.

LooseyInTheSky Fri 18-May-18 21:29:44

Constantly. I had one this week, a really really graphic one about my new (female) boss being my dominatrix. She was in full leathers and everything. There was a swing.

wigglybeezer Fri 18-May-18 21:36:36

I had a very graphic dream about Giles Brandreth last week...I remember feeling flattered that he lusted after me!

CaptainHammer Fri 18-May-18 21:47:08

Yes. Last night! A relative of someone at work who I had to see today. I felt so awkward especially as the dream was SO real. I haven’t stopped thinking about it all day (not in a good way!)

Meowandthen Fri 18-May-18 21:51:43

Weirdest was a night of passion with Matt Preston from Australian Masterchef in a room full of pink chintz.

dontticklethetoad Fri 18-May-18 21:52:31

Oh god. I have them a lot. The most notable being Monty Don and Paul Ritter (the dad from Friday Night Dinner).

I have to change the channel if Monty Don is on.

beansforbreakfastonceagain Fri 18-May-18 21:54:30

Eminem. Years and years ago. I must have blanked out the details.

beansforbreakfastonceagain Fri 18-May-18 21:55:40

I had a very graphic dream about Giles Brandreth last week...I remember feeling flattered that he lusted after me!

Was he wearing one of those patterned jumpers he used to wear on Countdown? grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: