Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

UK holiday at 35 weeks pregnant, is that daft?

(85 Posts)
nomorespaghetti Tue 15-May-18 20:27:26

Quick, help, do i book centre parcs break for when I'll be 35 weeks pregnant? It's the only time we can do. Second pregnancy, all low risk so far (currently 19 weeks). Thanks!

Fireinthegrate Tue 15-May-18 20:38:31

I would say not TBH.

My daughter was born unexpectedly and quickly at 34 weeks and I definitely would not have wanted to be anywhere else!

SharkSave Tue 15-May-18 20:41:06

How far from home?

nomorespaghetti Tue 15-May-18 20:42:30

About two hours drive from home

Spam88 Tue 15-May-18 20:44:07

Do you really think you could be bothered? All I wanted to do was sleep, except not actually sleep because it was too painful to lay down.

RiotCl4ire Tue 15-May-18 20:44:22

Loads of people do this and have a lovely successful Babymoon. I really wanted to and planned to, but developed terrible back pain at 25 weeks that Just did not get better, we just about managed a quite short trip to Wales, but I really struggled!

As it's your second can you remember what the last trimester was like for you last time maybe?

MuddyForestWalks Tue 15-May-18 20:44:51

The problem with CP is that if it all kicks off, it is a total fucking pain schlepping to your car and trying to get out of the place.

Geordiegirl1988 Tue 15-May-18 20:45:25

No it's totally fine ? Honestly even if you go into labour there will be a local hospital !

nomorespaghetti Tue 15-May-18 20:45:43

Well I'm not sure spam, I'm pretty sure all i wanted to do was sleep last time. But with a two year old knocking about that's not really an option! At least this way i could go to the spa while dh takes her swimming grin but I'm feeling really apprehensive about it, so maybe that's my answer. I just don't know!

LeapToad Tue 15-May-18 20:46:02

If it's near enough to a hospital I would, make sure you have your notes with you.

nomorespaghetti Tue 15-May-18 20:46:31

Last time i would have been fine to do it i think

Smarshian Tue 15-May-18 20:46:44

I'd do it. You could end up in labour and giving birth somewhere else but could work that out. Sounds like a lovely break before baby arrives.

YouBoggleMyMind Tue 15-May-18 20:48:16

I went to centre parcs 38 weeks pregnant last year. It was 3 hours from home. I'm sure people thought I was crackers but took everything we needed with us and made sure I had details of the local maternity unit in case I did go into labour.

Aprilmightbemynewname Tue 15-May-18 20:48:44

I drove back from Spain with 20 days to spare with dd!!
But had ds at 35weeks!!
I would go but take your hospital notes with you!!

SoyDora Tue 15-May-18 20:49:54

It would have been completely fine for me in both my previous pregnancies (in fact I went on holiday aboard at 34 weeks). Like you say, you won’t be doing much resting with a 2 year old around anyway so you might as well be somewhere where the toddler is entertained! There will be a hospital nearby.

whosafraidofabigduckfart Tue 15-May-18 20:52:00

I think it’s a lovely idea - a babymoon. Just mind yourself and bring your baby bag !

I’ve gone away at 33 weeks (last time I could fly) and had a lovely few days.

NakedMum33and3rd Tue 15-May-18 20:54:00

I'm going at 35 weeks with my 3rd. Just going to take my notes with me. Looking forward to some fun with my 2DS's before the baby arrives. We'll be fine!

Fwend Tue 15-May-18 20:55:00

I'm going to Devon from the Midlands for a week at 38 weeks (currently 36 weeks), so if you're mad to consider it, so am I!

rainbowlou Tue 15-May-18 21:00:37

I went on a camping holiday at 36 weeks, took my bag and notes with me just in case and found out where the nearest hospital was.
There’s plenty for your 2 year old to do with your P/H so you can still rest.
Enjoy the break!x

KimberlyS2 Tue 15-May-18 21:00:47

I went away at 35 weeks with my mom and daughter to the seaside 3 hrs from home for 2 nights/3 days. Was a nice break, my mom drove and when I didn’t feel up to the beach the second afternoon because we’d had a busy morning my mom and daughter went together without me. I just made sure I took my hospital bag and always have my notes with me anyway. Have not been well through the pregnancy (HG) but my daughter really wanted to go to the seaside so it was nice to have a break before her brother arrives and get away. We booked late though to see if I thought I would be up to it.

waterlily200 Tue 15-May-18 21:05:24

My sister went 37 weeks pregnant a few years ago. She managed but the walking was very difficult and we only found out in day 2 she could have loaned a wheelchair to be pushed around. By this point they were all loaned out. If this would help you then it's worth enquiring in advance.

Also call ahead and let them know that you're pregnant. They can make security aware so should u go into labour they can collect you and take you to your car quickly.
Enjoy

ALY44 Tue 15-May-18 21:07:38

I probably would as there will be a hospital nearby.

Remember SPD is more likely with ur second tho, I had no bother at all with my first but have been really struggling since about 26 weeks with this one and my pelvis there are some days I can barely move

nomorespaghetti Tue 15-May-18 21:15:01

Thank you all! I think we will do it. I got to the pay deposit page, then i fannied around too long and got signed out! So I'll try again tomorrow, after a little think, but I'm 90% sure we'll book. I have a come back soon offer that's expiring in a few days, that includes free cancellation insurance, so that's good. Think it covers you up to 36+6 if you are advised by a hcp that you shouldn't go.

TangelasVine Tue 15-May-18 21:19:18

I probably would even though I had DS at 35 weeks. Bring your notes, a small hospital and a car seat just in case. It's UK and fairly near home.
I guess only risk is if you felt awful and had to cancel. So could perhaps book nearer the time?

TangelasVine Tue 15-May-18 21:20:01

Bring a small hospital bag not an actual small hospital!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: