Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Ramadan Kareem

(54 Posts)
purpleviolet1 Tue 15-May-18 19:19:37

An early Ramadan Kareem to all Muslim posters out there. May our efforts be accepted and may we be forgiven for all our shortcomings. Insha'Allah. Ameen x

scurryfunge Tue 15-May-18 19:30:21

Not Muslim but in awe of your efforts.

HateSummer Tue 15-May-18 19:36:38

Aameen, Ramadan Kareem to you too!
I won’t be fasting this first week as I’m on antibiotics, but hopefully will start from Sunday. My kids are super excited smile

shittyshitybangbang Tue 15-May-18 20:29:47

Ameen and Ramadan Mubarak to you too.
Not looking forward to the first day of Ramadan headache though.

Impatientwino Tue 15-May-18 20:38:29

Ramadan Murabarak to you all. Can I ask when is appropriate to put a card through our neighbours door? At the end?

In previous years I have just written Ramadan Murabrak in their card and signed it with our names - is this correct?

Thank you

Impatientwino Tue 15-May-18 20:39:29

Sorry excuse my misspelling blush I do check online before writing the card.

mowglik Tue 15-May-18 20:49:14

Ameen..Ramadan Mubarak to all, hope the month goes well insha’Allāh and we come out of the other side cleansed and refreshed!

impatient the first day of the fast is Thursday so anytime in the next couple of days is a good time to send a ramadan card. A card at the end of the month would be for Eid really as Ramadan would be coming to an end. Ramadan Mubarak is perfect

POPholditdown Tue 15-May-18 21:04:21

Can I ask if anyone is fasting tomorrow?
The country I’m from is, but I’m based in the UK so I don’t know who to follow sad. A minority of muslims (of other birth countries) I know are fasting tomorrow in the UK.

I only reverted a few years ago, and I’ve never been able to understand if I should just follow UAE or where I was born.

shittyshitybangbang Tue 15-May-18 21:12:14

I will fast on Thursday inshallah, which is when the majority of people in the UK are fasting.

Impatientwino Tue 15-May-18 21:13:50

Ah ok, is it appropriate to send an Eid card instead? Only because they have had an elderly family member taken to hospital today so maybe their minds will be elsewhere in the next few days.

I think it was Eid I sent it for last year. Can I ask what the greeting would be? Thank you for taking the time to reply.

deste Tue 15-May-18 21:14:04

Same to you and it means my sister will be coming home from UAE on Friday for 12 days.i haven’t seen her since Christmas.

HateSummer Tue 15-May-18 21:28:50

impatient you can send an Eid card when Ramadan finishes and the greeting is “Eid Mubarak”.

POP I’m not sure, I’ve always believed that you follow the country you’re in and whatever your imam decides. I mean if the scholars in your local mosque physically see the moon then you should start/end Ramadan. But I know people do things differently and some people only follow Saudi so it’s really up to you.

Impatientwino Tue 15-May-18 21:30:11

Thank you!

o0o0 Tue 15-May-18 21:34:58

We are from the UK but visiting Morocco now and will be starting our fasting on Thursday inshallah smile

purpleviolet1 Tue 15-May-18 22:18:14

Thanks scurry

Impatient that's lovely! And absolutely fine

Pop I believe all of Scotland is fasting Thursday. As far as I know you should follow your local mosque.

hmmwhatatodo Tue 15-May-18 22:23:00

POP, fast according the majority of the people of the country you are in. Not sure why you mentioned UAE. No point in fasting different days to the country you are in and then quite possibly not being able to celebrate Eid on the same day as everyone else. What’s the point in that?

POPholditdown Tue 15-May-18 23:27:28

Thanks everyone. I did type my post in a bit of a hurry tbh, by UAE I meant that I kept seeing ‘UAE has announced start of Ramadan’ and took that as the indicator for the majority.

My mum follows where we’re from and is adamant that’s what we should do. I didn’t grow up with a muslim community as such and only reverted a few years ago so for some things I only have google as a point of reference, which isn’t always cleargrin

maras2 Wed 16-May-18 06:23:55

Ramadan Mubarak To all my Mumsnet Muslim friends from this Catholic girl. smile
Happy fasting and enjoy Itfer.

AsAProfessionalFekko Wed 16-May-18 06:34:39

I saw that the body shop are selling a nice Ramadan mubarak box of goodies!

TheHulksPurplePanties Wed 16-May-18 06:39:51

Ramadan Kareem! I'm not Muslim, but I'm in Dubai, and I can't wait! Weather is a little cooler for the first Ramadan in years and looking forward to some lovely Iftars with friends! I love this time of year. smile

Rememory Wed 16-May-18 06:40:10

Ramadan starts on Thursday in the UAE. No moon sighting last night. Ramadan Mubarak!

BalloonFlowers Wed 16-May-18 07:03:52

Middle East has all pretty much declared no moon sighted on Tuesday night, so fasting to start on Thursday.
Ramadan Kareem!

TheHulksPurplePanties Wed 16-May-18 07:23:47

Raining in Dubai the day before Ramadan. Little bit of a miracle for the Holy Season, and I'm not even religious. smile

noenergy Wed 16-May-18 20:10:42

Ramadan Mubarak

purpleviolet1 Wed 16-May-18 20:11:45

Thanks noenergy I just recieved that pic from a few friends grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: