Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Cats are amazing at cleaning aren't they?

(117 Posts)
SneakyGremlins Mon 14-May-18 12:44:32

That plate in the kitchen is bloody spotless!

Shame it had chicken for tonight's dinner on it ten minutes ago angry

Gramgram Mon 14-May-18 12:48:02

Oh dear. grin

Aprilmightbemynewname Mon 14-May-18 12:48:49

It's those posable thumbs!!
Little buggar!

MycatsaPirate Mon 14-May-18 12:51:06

Hahahahaha!

I once left pork chops out to defrost. Proper butchers ones about 1.5 inches thick.

Forgot to put in the fridge overnight.

Got up to find one chop gone except for the rind and bone which was picked clean.

Boycat didn't move for about 3 days, the fat little fucker!

SneakyGremlins Mon 14-May-18 12:55:04

I defrosted it overnight in the fridge and went for ONE shower...

<wails>

mump0ints Mon 14-May-18 12:56:00

Been there, two cats, half the time.

Pizza night!

LanguidLobster Mon 14-May-18 12:57:39

Yep, cleaning plates

PuppyMonkey Mon 14-May-18 12:57:39

THe day I picked up my current dcat, she cleaned a plat that had a lovely piece of cream cake on it to absolute perfection. confused

LanguidLobster Mon 14-May-18 12:59:00

Puppy she has skills. Not immediately appreciative to the rest of us

Gramgram Mon 14-May-18 13:02:26

Definitely a talent. Have you thought of auditioning her on BGT.

PlayingForKittens Mon 14-May-18 13:02:43

A string of sausages was how I realised mine could get on top of the fridge. Bastard. It was impressive seeing him run through the house after getting caught red pawed by ds1. He looked like he was auditioning for Punch and Judy.

PlayingForKittens Mon 14-May-18 13:03:43

The ticket can get on top of the wall cabinets too. Nowhere is safe.

PlayingForKittens Mon 14-May-18 13:04:27

ticket? That was supposed to say fucker. My phone doesn't like me being rude.

SneakyGremlins Mon 14-May-18 13:05:31

He looked like he was auditioning for Punch and Judy grin

ParentInCharge Mon 14-May-18 13:12:22

Mine never goes on the units or touches food.... until I made THE most amazing tasting pasta dish that the DC had three serving of that evening (seconds for dinner and a third at supper)
There was plenty left for DH and I to dig into for lunch the next day (which I was getting excited about!) but DH walked in to find DCat paws deep in the dish that I'd left out for two damned minutes! Bitch of a cat!

She did try to make up for it later though by bringing the washing in from outside. Okay it was filthy however from being dragged off the line and hauled around from the back garden and in through the front door.
Cheers for that, shitty housemate.

bookmum08 Mon 14-May-18 13:18:30

You do realise they can all work the telly, the microwave and open cans of beer as well.....
Just can't clean their own fur ball pukes.

adaline Mon 14-May-18 13:26:14

Mine is very good at kicking his litter all over the floor, and he's recently figured out how to open the cupboards and the door to upstairs!

AlpacaPicnic Mon 14-May-18 13:30:09

The Alpacats once demolished a block of cheddar that had been forgotten about for 10 minutes while I ate my delicious cheese sandwich.
Mattcat stalked and ate a vol au vant that rolled off my plate after a party.
Jeffcat has learned how to headbutt the sky box in just the right position to turn it off [anger] if he feels he's being ignored.

Why do I choose to live with these furry buggers?

AlpacaPicnic Mon 14-May-18 13:30:29

angry fail!

PositivelyPERF Mon 14-May-18 13:34:56

I also had a tiny Yorkie with skills. I had a bag with frozen chicken burgers (don’t judge) in the bottom of it. On top of it was two packets of potato bread, a packet of pancakes, a packet of soda bread and a box of waffles. I forgot something, so nipped back into the shop. Came back to find all the unopened packets placed nicely beside the bag and one very very cold dog, that had just eaten 3 1/2 frozen chicken burgers. The little prick was allergic to chicken, so my bargain 99p chicken burgers ended up costing me over £80 in vet bills! 😭

bluetongue Mon 14-May-18 14:29:43

Whippets aren’t much better. I forgot to take a newly bought loaf of bread to work for lunch today and sure enough when I got home there was no bread to be seen on the kitchen cupboard. The little darling had dragged it through the dog door and into the backyard as though he’d killed it himself. He didn’t eat any of it but it was hardly fit for human consumption after such tratment.

ElizaDontlittle Mon 14-May-18 14:33:49

I left sausages out to cool once (ONCE!!) that were to do 3 meals - beastly feline had had a bite out of each of them! She doesn't even really like sausages but we were having a 4:30-is-not-teatime stand off and she was hungry!!

LostPlatypus Mon 14-May-18 14:57:21

I'm vegetarian so Lostcat doesn't get to steal that much food. She is, however, a stealth toast-licker. I often used to take the five steps from my dining table back to the kitchen to grab something to put on my toast because I'd forgotten to do it in the kitchen. By the time I'd get back Lostcat would have appeared from goodness knows where and be licking the butter (or olive spread - she loves both) off my toast as fast as she could.

She's also partial to baked bean sauce given the chance, and if I ever have macaroni cheese she will try and steal some while I'm still eating. Actual cat food, on the other hand, is apparently poison half the time.

madeyemoodysmum Mon 14-May-18 15:05:25

My cat is so good at cleaning I'm tempted to hire her out as a dishwasher. wink

YouCantBeSirius Mon 14-May-18 15:46:21

I caught my boycat with his paws in the butter dish, licking them, then dipping in again. Fucker. Another time he managed to break in to the fridge and ate 6 chicken wings that I was defrosting.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: