Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

On a scale of 1 - divorce how bad is this?

(21 Posts)
TheGherkin Thu 26-Apr-18 22:32:34

I have a cough so I have decamped to DDs bed (she’s at uni).
I am warm. I have the whole duvet to myself.
I don’t have to worry my snoring will disturb him so I can dlerpflat on my back in total wonderous comfort.
I can spread out.
There is nobody breathing on me.
I am comfortable.

Is it terribly wrong to stay here forever? Whose idea was it for adults to have to share beds anyway?

AnneLovesGilbert Thu 26-Apr-18 22:35:45

Hope you feel better soon flowers

I adore my husband, I’d die for him. I also love sharing a bed with him. But last night when I was kept awake by his twitching feet I nearly bothered to move the pile of clean linen off the spare room bed so I could get some bloody peace.

NoWayNoHow Thu 26-Apr-18 22:36:22

It's a 1! I dance the dance of joy when DH falls asleep on the sofa and I can spread eagle. Nothing makes me happier!

MsHomeSlice Thu 26-Apr-18 22:37:56

dh is on nights!

He only does two in a row though now, so I really should be in bed now already to maximise the starfishing star

TheGherkin Thu 26-Apr-18 22:38:23

I’m so comfy. It’s the best.

dayinlifeof Thu 26-Apr-18 22:39:23

I have my own king size bed with feather duvet, Egyptian cotton bed linen and lots of pillows and it's sheer bliss.
1 on your scale.

TheVanguardSix Thu 26-Apr-18 22:39:31

Shared beds are dreadfully overrated.
DH snores and is a big, big fella. I regularly up sticks and sleep elsewhere.

MaureenMLove Thu 26-Apr-18 22:40:00

Absolute bliss. Love my old man to death, but when he rang me today to tell me he wasn't staying over at a conference tonight after all, I was ever so slightly fed up! grin

On the up side he is going away for the weekend too, so Friday and Saturday, it's all mine!!

TheGherkin Thu 26-Apr-18 22:42:22

I’m quite fond of H really but we’ve been together a very long time. And what is the point of sharing a bed?

Gingerninj Thu 26-Apr-18 22:43:41

I've done this a few times, DH was away for work for a few days during the Easter holidays, I was looking toward to burying myself right in the middle of the bed without the sound of his loud snors. I end up with two children in there with me, my oldest was at a sleepover so I snuck out the room and slept in her bed for the rest of the night. Best nights sleep in a long time

TheGherkin Thu 26-Apr-18 22:45:20

I’m going to sleep now. So comfy

Cakecrumbsinmybra Thu 26-Apr-18 22:48:23

DH has a sick bug and I’m in the spare room. I’m perfectly happy sleeping alone but I’d rather I had our room! I sleep better alone but our bed is two singles pushed together, with a super king mattress topper - so much better as you don’t feel the other person turning over etc

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Thu 26-Apr-18 22:48:49

Separate beds for two decades now. She has the superking with Egyptian cotton so can snore and receive visitors, I have the IKEA queen size so I can starfish, thrash and scream.

MinisWin Thu 26-Apr-18 22:49:37

DH is large, and loud, and restless. I now bloody love the odd occasion that DD wakes up in the night and won’t settle... means I HAVE to take her in to the much comfier spare bed, have a cuddle for half an hour or so, at which point she decides cuddles are over-rated and wants to go back to her cot thanks very much... and I relish in having the ENTIRE bed to myself for the rest of the night! Heaven!

FlirtyRomanticToast Fri 27-Apr-18 04:18:13

I am currently on the sofa hiding from DHs snoring grin

qwertyuiopy Fri 27-Apr-18 04:25:09

DH works away a lot 😄

I share withDS sometimes and even his horizontal positioning and feet in the stomach is better than the snoring 💤 and earthquake turning over I usually have to endure from DH.

flumpybear Fri 27-Apr-18 04:48:28

I often sneak out at night husband snores into kids beds or occasionally the super comfy sofa ...were not divorcing - so I'd say 1 or less I love comfort!

Eminybob Fri 27-Apr-18 06:04:07

I often decamp to the spare room during the night - the bed in there is so much more comfy anyway, and I love the fact that it’s nice and cool if I get in half way through the night.

We are having our kitchen renovated at the moment so all the contents of the kitchen cupboards are currently residing in the spare room including on the bed so no room for me sad. Roll on kitchen completion!

OhWhatFuckeryIsThisNow Fri 27-Apr-18 06:21:01

dlerpflat may not be a real word, but it should be! Dh is on nights tonight. Lovely!

Frouby Fri 27-Apr-18 06:31:45

I love it when dp works away. He is big and snory and cuddly and his arm is always around the back of my pillow. Which gives me the rage.

I also protest on a friday night when he says he is off to bed after curry and beer night. Not because I particularly mind sat up on my own. But because I know if I keep him up just that bit longer he will fall asleep on the sofa and I can starfish in bed alone.

I am encouraging dd to go to university. Mainly for her benefit. But also will have a spare room to escape to.

SleepFreeZone Fri 27-Apr-18 06:37:40

DP has insomnia and when we slept in the same bed he kept me awake most of the night too. So on a scale of wanting to murder him and staying together, sleeping apart has been fantastic for our relationship 😂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: