Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Something fun to do between Farnborough and Watford?

(12 Posts)
TazTheFairy Thu 26-Apr-18 15:28:58

With 10 year old ds. We'll have at least 1 day spare. We've done legoland, Chessington, Thorpe park etc to death, already have a day in Farnborough and Harry Potter booked in, just trying to fill the days in between. Any other must do things around the area?

Ricekrispie22 Thu 26-Apr-18 16:43:23

Farnborough in Berkshire or Hampshire? And do you mean in between geographically?

Witchend Thu 26-Apr-18 17:48:29

Brooklands

TazTheFairy Thu 26-Apr-18 21:50:39

Farnborough in Hampshire, didn't think to see if there's another! We'll be staying there and then will call into Uxbridge if family are about, but looking for ideas of what not to miss in that area. We will be in the car so it could be anywhere within about an hour. Even welcome ideas in London if it's not Merlin attractions, natural history/science/imperial war Museum or shopping! Being northerners it would be nice to do a 'shouldn't miss' day out while we're down south!

TazTheFairy Thu 26-Apr-18 21:54:21

witchend brooklands looks good, this is why I need local knowledge, never heard of it!

TheVastMajority Thu 26-Apr-18 22:02:39

I second brooklands if your lad is in to cars.

You could also spend a day at a leisure centre doing fun stuff - Guildford has waterslides, ice rink and bowling. ANd opposite there is a "go ape" site for tree climbing.

Aldershot has a great little tank museum, excellent for kids, and lots of tanks to look at and is interactive - worth an hour of your time. Plus a ski slope that does donutting- another hour. The two are 5 mins apart.

There is also a gory military medical museum in Mytchett, near Farnborough. ANd the aviation museum in Farnborough itself. Allow an hour for each.

You could fill a day with a combination of these.

dawnc27 Thu 26-Apr-18 22:05:54

not birdworld thats for sure!!

TazTheFairy Thu 26-Apr-18 22:11:10

dawn I think I did birdworld years ago!
majority they are brilliant! Thank you, tanks, cars and slides are right up ds and dh's street!

TheVastMajority Thu 26-Apr-18 22:26:59

www.hampshireculturaltrust.org.uk/aldershot-military-museum
tanks...

www.airsciences.org.uk/
aeroplanes...

museumofmilitarymedicine.org.uk/visit/
Gory medicine (limited opening hours)

MexicanBob Thu 26-Apr-18 23:09:39

The Royal Logistic Corps museum in Deepcut has some fun stuff in it.

DanFmDorking Thu 26-Apr-18 23:59:15

Try the go karting at Farnborough.

TazTheFairy Fri 27-Apr-18 10:20:40

These are all fab, thank you, may just look at a hotel in Farnborough for an extra day (staying with friends initially) unless anyone has more ideas towards Watford way?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: