Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Anyone else a bit lazy??

(64 Posts)
Bigspottyape Wed 25-Apr-18 23:35:43

I actually think I'm lazy. I go to work but it's like a chore and I will avoid overexerting myself at any cost. I do the work but I just have no passion for it. I would happily sit on my arse all day. Anyone else?

StrangeLookingParasite Wed 25-Apr-18 23:39:39

A bit? I am horrifically lazy. I still do things though, I just have to push myself. A lot sometimes.

Bigspottyape Wed 25-Apr-18 23:45:29

If I didn't need the money no way would I work

PomBearWithAnOFRS Wed 25-Apr-18 23:47:29

I am totally, utterly, completely, lazy.
I am too lazy to expand on this post grin

OdileDeCaray Wed 25-Apr-18 23:48:23

Once I start something I am ok but I do put off starting things quite a lot and can procrastinate for hours!

Bigspottyape Wed 25-Apr-18 23:50:54

I can't be arsed leaving the house some days confused

leccybill Wed 25-Apr-18 23:52:08

Total sloth here. Would never get out of bed but you know, work and family and stuff.
Happiest when I'm dozing on the sofa.

starsandstuff Wed 25-Apr-18 23:58:01

On the outside I work really hard and I'm busy and I do lots of stuff, because I've bills to pay and a house to maintain and family commitments and all that, but my default setting is absolute laziness. I'm going on holiday for a week in July and my plans are thus: Arrive. Lie down for 7 days. Leave. I can't fucking wait.

Bigspottyape Thu 26-Apr-18 00:09:00

I think people know I'm lazy. I would love not to be

cantpooinpeace Thu 26-Apr-18 00:13:28

I have found my people, my ultimate aim in life is to be on the couch doing nothing!

SapphireSeptember Thu 26-Apr-18 00:23:53

Here! I enjoy reading, (books, blogs, Mumsnet, fanfiction) watching YouTube, listening to music and writing. All things I can do sitting down with a bar of chocolate and a cuppa. I have to really want to do something like tidy up in order to do it, but I'm very good at putting things off. I also love taking naps.

leggere Thu 26-Apr-18 00:28:41

Me too. And as I'm getting older I'm getting worse. Just about total cba!!

toffee1000 Thu 26-Apr-18 00:32:58

My people!!

I have never been hugely ambitious or active. Funnily enough, when I was younger, there was a point in my life when I was doing something after school every single day. Now, there are plenty of days when I don’t even leave the house.

Stripybeachbag Thu 26-Apr-18 00:34:11

Extremely lazy, but very conscientious. Not a pleasant combination of traits! I push myself hard and hate it or feel horribly guilty for not doing anything.

Whyarealltheusernamestaken Thu 26-Apr-18 00:35:24

Can someone respond for me...i can’t be bothered!

toffee1000 Thu 26-Apr-18 00:36:43

Why

gringringrin

Tryingtogetitright Thu 26-Apr-18 00:38:01

Me too, super lazy.... I have plenty of time to do things but lounge around and put things off til the last possible moment then it's super stressful getting them done in time (hence being up now at gone midnight finishing work I should have done weeks ago)! Would like to maintain a relaxed outlook while just getting going a bit more so it's not these massive peaks and troughs of laziness and panic!

Tryingtogetitright Thu 26-Apr-18 00:40:23

And is anyone else too lazy to go to bed?! I get so comfy on the sofa I can't be arsed to move!

Mxyzptlk Thu 26-Apr-18 00:40:58

Me too.
I like the fact that my work forces me to be fairly active, but I'm quite a slob at home.
It's annoying how much I could have got done if I wasn't so lazy.

dontticklethetoad Thu 26-Apr-18 00:41:20

If I didn't have a job or family I wouldn't get out of bed. Dh won't let us have a TV in our bedroom because I would never do anything. He isn't wrong.

Like a pp said, when I get going I really get things done. But it takes a huge amount of effort to get to that point and to be honest, I am exhausted afterwards.

I am a master of procrastination.

GrooovyLass Thu 26-Apr-18 00:43:44

Well I almost couldn't be arsed typing this reply so, y'know...

I am the laziest trout that I know. I resent having to work, I resent having to do housework, I resent anything that doesn't involve me being sprawled either in bed or on the settee playing games on my tablet!

Whyarealltheusernamestaken Thu 26-Apr-18 00:44:06

Toffee1000 is now my representative in this thread, my out of office is on, please feed back any responses which I will review and then delete #managementstyle

leggere Thu 26-Apr-18 00:49:13

If I hadn't have had kids I would hardly have moved for years!

IMissGin Thu 26-Apr-18 00:53:05

Yes! Me! Too tired to elaborate...

dontticklethetoad Thu 26-Apr-18 02:29:10

This is what I would like to wear whilst I do nothing in my bed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: