Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I'm poorly but CAN'T be off work... what will prop me up best?

(9 Posts)
StillMedusa Wed 25-Apr-18 22:35:24

New job..been there 5 weeks. I'm outdoors all day, and felt rough all day today..shivery and I hurt all over.

I cannot be off sick tomorrow! I've taken Lemsip but it hasn't made me feel any better except taking my temperature down a little. It also affects my balance as I have episodic Ataxia and when I'm not well I look a bit drunk, which isn't ideal!

Any home remedies or suggestions please? I'm pretty sure it's just a virus but I do feel grim. Luckily I will be mostly alone so won't be infected anyone!

OneNightTimeMenaceStrikesBack Wed 25-Apr-18 22:39:14

if you can take them both, i would alternate paracetamol and ibuprofen, so paracetamol say at six am and than ibuprofen at 8am and follow every four hours for each accordingly (hope that makes sense! adjust times to your waking/start times) honey for your throat if it's sore. otherwise plenty of warm drinks and make sure you have enough layers on to keep you warm and dry. I don't think there's much else you can do unfortunately sad oh and heat pads/hot water bottle might help with the aches if you can tolerate using them

Izzy24 Wed 25-Apr-18 22:40:39

High strength echinacea.

And try to sleep.

ProseccoPoppy Wed 25-Apr-18 22:48:51

Not for longer use but if it’s the one crucial day I would take
1. the combined cocodamol and caffeine effervescent tablets www.boots.com/boots-pharmaceuticals-paracetamol-and-codeine-extra-32-effervescent-tablets-10067798 plus
2. berocca for and easy vitamin boost www.boots.com/berocca-orange-45-effervescent-tablets-10015635

plus stay generally really well hydrated. That would probably get you through it v short term st least ?

OdileDeCaray Wed 25-Apr-18 23:13:37

I know it's been pooh poohed but high strength vitamin C helps me if I take it when I feel the Kirby coming on.

Hope you feel better soon.

OdileDeCaray Wed 25-Apr-18 23:13:46

Lurgy

ElderflowerWaterIsDelish Wed 25-Apr-18 23:47:43

I would take a warm bath or shower..it will soothe and ease muscle aches and pains and also steam is good for breathing

Also a hot water bottle or heat pad for any aching areas...also if you have any ibuprofen gel rub a little on the achey areas and it's a painkiller so it should help lessen the ache or take it away

Hope you feel better soonflowers

LittleLightsShineBright Wed 25-Apr-18 23:57:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnnieOH1 Thu 26-Apr-18 00:05:37

Scrap the lemsip (paracetamol phenylephrine and caffeine) and get day and night nurse capsules (the liquids are foul). It should hold your symptoms at bay. It does contain paracetamol so don't take with other similar products.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: