Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!

(21 Posts)
lucysmam Tue 24-Apr-18 22:35:10

You know when you agreed to something...

And pretty much straight away realise it was NOT the right decision & is going to cause problems? ...

That.

<slurps wine>

Wolfiefan Tue 24-Apr-18 22:37:12

Is it something you can take back?
I too am slurping the wine tonight!

lucysmam Tue 24-Apr-18 22:38:45

Erm, yes and no confused I can point in a similar direction & hope offence isn't taken.

K80E Tue 24-Apr-18 22:39:39

What did you agree to!?grin

SoaveSally Tue 24-Apr-18 22:41:27

Oh dear, yes I do know that feeling wine

seafoodeatit Tue 24-Apr-18 22:42:19

Try and get out if it, if you can't find a way to you could just deny, deny, deny that you ever agreed to it.

Think shaggy, the singer not the Scooby-Doo guy...

lucysmam Tue 24-Apr-18 22:44:58

A new leader joining us at Guides. But she's seeming determined to take over EVERYTHING and it's really not helpful when she jumps in the middle of a conversation about some funding I've applied for from the council & tells the woman who it's being applied for that she'll take the paperwork and sort it (amongst several bazillion other things in the space of 3 x 1.5hr meetings)

<head...meet wall>

I think she may be better off with her own unit as she's rubbing our current team up the wrong way, but no idea how to gently suggest it without coming across as a controlling bitch <sigh>

<more wine> (not really...cup of tea before bed once this glass is gone...it's a school night)

StellaHeyStella Tue 24-Apr-18 22:45:05

You do know you'll end having to tell us what the thing is don't you?

Wolfiefan Tue 24-Apr-18 22:45:39

Go point.
Find an excuse.
Leave the country.
Keep drinking and claim alcohol induced memory loss.
Hey but I'm a horrid person apparently. WTF would I know. confused

lucysmam Tue 24-Apr-18 22:45:54

being applied for *through

See...I'm that frustrated I can't bloody type right!!

Wolfiefan Tue 24-Apr-18 22:46:49

X post.
Give her the job no one else wants to do and see if she comes back for more? Bet she won't. grin

lucysmam Tue 24-Apr-18 22:46:53

You're not horrid Wolfie! Who said you are!?

StellaHeyStella Tue 24-Apr-18 22:46:54

Ah, sorry cross post.

lucysmam Tue 24-Apr-18 22:48:43

I told you Stella, I can't be doing with pages of "tell uuuus" dragging on smile

LanguidLobster Tue 24-Apr-18 22:48:57

Your thread title made me jump.

I've just broken out in a cold sweat realising a meeting might be tomorrow instead of thursday 10am! Which would mean 3 hours work beforehand. Oh joy.

LanguidLobster Tue 24-Apr-18 22:50:02

Oh I think the 'horrid' was a misunderstanding

Wolfiefan Tue 24-Apr-18 22:50:27

Not here. Elsewhere. Animal welfare yet again. Can't keep my large mouth shut when there are issues. Makes me a bitch apparently.
Shrug!
Seriously. What's the job you HATE? What would you love to hand over? Do it. Do it.
See told you I was a bitch. grin

StellaHeyStella Tue 24-Apr-18 22:50:28

New you say? No one can keep that level of energy and enthusiasm up for long.or maybe I just think that because I couldn't be arsed grin

3luckystars Tue 24-Apr-18 22:53:48

Ah I thought it was a spider!!

This is easily sorted!
(A spider though, now that would be a REAL problem, especially if it had a fat hairy belly.)

lucysmam Tue 24-Apr-18 22:55:20

That's my plan Wolfie, when I decide what it is! I don't actually mind any of it really though now I have systems in place that work!

Stella I hope you're right because it's doing my nut in very much.

Wolfiefan Tue 24-Apr-18 22:59:51

Oh crap. Don't hand over anything that has a system. This person will break the system, not do the job and then hand it quietly back to you (whilst telling everyone how selfless and generous with their time they've been!)
How about a new role? Set up a new parade or a new fundraising scheme? Separate from you and your team and what is working already?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: