Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Is anyone else’s Morrison’s store as shit as this?

(97 Posts)
IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Tue 24-Apr-18 16:49:00

Mouldy food on the shelves, food a day or two (or three!) out of date-mainly ready meals and fresh meat, fruit lasts maybe 2 days before going mouldy, boxes of cold food waiting to be put on the shelves of the refrigerator that are sitting in the shop floor and room temp to touch, fishmongers is filthy and absolutely stinks, fish is very clearly not fresh.

The store manager couldn’t give a shiny shit and not could head office 🤷🏻‍♀️

llangennith Tue 24-Apr-18 16:49:52

Please tell us which store.

HermioneWeasley Tue 24-Apr-18 16:51:27

Sounds awful, where is yours? My local ones are good.

dementedpixie Tue 24-Apr-18 16:52:10

I like my local store

PiggeryPorcombe Tue 24-Apr-18 16:52:42

My local one is really lovely. Clean, well-stocked, spacious. It is in a naice area though.

ForkIt Tue 24-Apr-18 16:53:12

Mine is exceptionally good

ToadOfSadness Tue 24-Apr-18 16:53:29

Ours is good. I can usually get a full shop there. One thing that annoys me is that they run out of fruit & veg a bit early and don't refill, and same with the bread, leaving loads of thick sliced polystyrene Warburtons and that other make that people think is real bread which escapes me at the moment.

Yours sounds as if Environmental Health should be involved.

bookmum08 Tue 24-Apr-18 16:54:07

Maybe contact your local trading standards /food hygine authorities.

blueskyinmarch Tue 24-Apr-18 16:54:42

My local one is nothing like that. I live in a fairly middle-class, rural area and it is the biggest supermarket for miles around and well used.

WhiteBobbles Tue 24-Apr-18 16:55:05

My local one is excellent I love morrisons.

DGRossetti Tue 24-Apr-18 16:55:19

can't speak for all, but our nearest has just had a costly "refit" which has made parts of it more inaccessible for wheelchair users.

Flagged it instore (couldn't GAS), online via FB ("will look into it") and email (where the reply insinuated that we were odd as "no one else had complained").

That said, we can't afford to throw away tools because we don't like their design, and Morrisons do carry a few items unavailable anywhere else. We find ourselves there once every 6 weeks to top up on things you can't get elsewhere.

Mamabear1475 Tue 24-Apr-18 16:56:54

I think Morrisons are expensive compared to others. I only shop there because it is local. And it helps that I get a discount because a family member works there grin

OhWhatFuckeryIsThisNow Tue 24-Apr-18 17:02:43

Me too Mama! Mine is generally very good with stock, (esp the booze, as that's my ds's section), very rarely stuff runs out, but if it does it's because deliveries haven't come in. I live in a rural town too, so nowt to do with MC.

Bloodybridget Tue 24-Apr-18 17:07:03

My local store is OK, not wonderful. It has a great range of various "ethnic " foods inc Caribbean, Thai, kosher and Irish. And they play the sort of music that often has me jigging in the aisle - I really enjoy that!

Foxyloxy1plus1 Tue 24-Apr-18 17:09:30

Our nearest one is appalling. Never go there.

IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Tue 24-Apr-18 17:09:34

Hah! I’m really pleased everyone else has a decent Morrison’s! Actually, contacting the local food hygiene authority is a really good idea! There’s no way their fridges are cool enough never mind everything else!

IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Tue 24-Apr-18 17:10:28

I’d be interested to know where all the decent stores are! I’ll direct the manager of the Camden branch to there...

Jon66 Tue 24-Apr-18 17:11:48

Have banned myself from them following poor service.

Bobbybobbins Tue 24-Apr-18 17:16:02

I love ours! Especially today when I wanted the last box of the new mini kit kats, but it had a hole in the box. The nice lady sold it to me half price grin

Viviennemary Tue 24-Apr-18 17:16:39

Mine is quite good. Though I do object to making my own tea in a café. It's just not on. . Local Tesco's is dire. Miserable staff, run out of everything you want.

JessicaJonesJacket Tue 24-Apr-18 17:17:56

Our local one is nice. Last week, we popped into a different one whilst DS was at holiday club, and it was nice too. Lots of fresh fruit, sandwiches, baking, etc. Good fish, meat and cheese counters.
I think you're just unlucky OP. It definitely doesn't seem to be a nationwide policy to be shit.

kingjofferyworksintescos Tue 24-Apr-18 17:18:48

I stopped going into Morrison's as the staff were so off hand and rude

Crinkle77 Tue 24-Apr-18 17:23:42

I am getting fed up of my local one. Fruit & veg running out and bread too. Particularly the fresh bread like french sticks and it doesn't seem to stay fresh very long. The quality control seems awful. I found a load of cottage cheese that was over a week out of date and showed it to a member of staff who seemed pretty disinterested. Once there some fresh herbs going off and they were still there a week later. I didn't say anything about the herbs at the time as I wanted to see how long they stayed there. I did complain via a survey though. The new wonky veg is always running out too.

Blit Tue 24-Apr-18 17:23:46

My nearest one is excellent, especially first thing in the morning. It's not huge but it has top class produce, beautifully displayed. A pleasure to visit.

TheFirstMrsDV Tue 24-Apr-18 17:23:47

Mine is newly refurbished.
The thing that drives me mad about Morrisons is the confusing pricing.
Loads of times I have picked something off a shelf priced as x and got it to the till to find its priced Z.
It happens so often I am sure its deliberate. The Z price is always dearer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: