Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Tassimo - any good?

(25 Posts)
kittenfun Tue 24-Apr-18 14:53:55

Looking at getting a tassimo for dhs bday next month
Want one that you can make coffee and other hot drinks e.g hot choc

See amazon have two assuming cheaper one that says coffee machine, Just makes coffee

fantasmasgoria1 Tue 24-Apr-18 14:55:52

We have one and you can do coffees , teas (which I feel is pointless when teabags are cheaper than tea pods) , hot chocolates eg: Oreo chocolate and others! I really like it!

princesskatethefirst Tue 24-Apr-18 14:59:07

We love ours, 7 years old and still going strong with daily use.

SporkInTheToaster Tue 24-Apr-18 15:01:35

It’s ok but the pods are a pain in the arse for the environment and the coffee is distinctly meh. The tea is crap because the water doesn’t get hot enough, it is the right temp for coffee (below boiling) but too cool for tea (should be boiling).

SuperLoudPoppingAction Tue 24-Apr-18 15:05:40

I have the vivy 2 that's 39.99 on Amazon just now.
I got it for £34.99 in Asda last year.

I use it daily and so do all my children.

You can use it for all types of hot drinks. I've not seen one that just does coffee.

I tend to mostly order capsules on their website. My favourite ones are Chai Latte and Carambar cappucino and you can't get those in supermarkets. Kid2's favourite is Suchard hot chocolate. You get twice as many per pack as you do with the cadbury's. milka and oreo ones. He just adds fresh milk as he wants but you could get the milk capsules.

The website always has a discount code.

I take the empty pods into my local city to recycle them.

MyRelationshipIsWeird Tue 24-Apr-18 16:16:17

I use mine daily for coffee, as I only drink one a day as my little treat. It’s ideal for getting the dcs to make hot drinks as it’s easier than using a kettle and they don’t have to fish out tea bags etc so they have been making me not drinks for years! Also it doesn’t get to boiling point so drinks are ready to drink straight away instead of having to cool down.

Recommend the Costa coffee pods, you can often get them discounted at Tesco or on Amazon in bulk. Works out about 25p a cup for a decent coffee, so still a lot less than buying one and less mess than a cafetière etc. Someone locally recycles the pods for charity too, but tbh, while I know were all supposed to be cutting down on plastics, one tiny pod a day is a (pardon the inappropriate pun) a drop in the ocean.

MyRelationshipIsWeird Tue 24-Apr-18 16:17:17

*making me HOT drinks for years!

MyRelationshipIsWeird Tue 24-Apr-18 16:18:35

25p is for black or Americano coffee. If you want latte or cappuccino you need two separate pods to make it, one coffee, one creamer, so it ends up about 50p a go.

kittenfun Tue 24-Apr-18 16:18:59

Sounds greAt 😃
Don't know whether to get now as such a good price
Or is it usually knocked down to £40

kittenfun Tue 24-Apr-18 16:19:28

I get discount in Sainsbury's hope I can buy pods in there

keepingbees Tue 24-Apr-18 16:24:24

I had one for about 3 years but I've just got rid of it. The machine worked fine and I used to enjoy the latte's and macchiato's. However tea and hot chocolate were pointless as they were exactly the same as making with tea bags/chocolate powder just much more expensive, and the last few months I felt the pods had really gone downhill in quality. They went from being creamy and yummy to tasteless and watery. They weren't worth the money anymore, and the final straw was a dodgy pack of kenco cappuccino pods where the milk came out like cottage cheese! So all considered I sold the machine. I now buy nice quality instant or latte sachets and they are as good if not nicer than the recent quality tassimo pods at a fraction of the price.

WindyWednesday Tue 24-Apr-18 16:26:33

I like the idea of my Tassimo, but only costa coffee or kenco, which is a bit crap.

I prefer the coffee that the nespresso makes.

Pinkkahori Tue 24-Apr-18 16:34:22

I have a Tassimo that I got as a gift. I wouldn't buy one though.
I'd go for a Nespresso or one that uses the little pods.
There are no cheaper pods for the Tassimo, unlike the Nespresso type.
The Tassimo ones have a barcode and are flat discs.
I used it loads at first but the novelty wore off. I bought some espresso powder and a milk foamer and make quick lattes that way now. Much cheaper.

CakeOfThePan Tue 24-Apr-18 16:41:20

If its primarily coffee you want go for a nespresso machine (i think aldi have one coming up) you get more choice and lidl and aldi do pods that are nice.
The hot chocolate is ok, but i don't think any better than a mix. The milk pods just taste odd to me, so i microwave the milk in a jar and shake it about a bit and add that to the coffee. That said i think aldi also have a milk warmer coming up as well.

Sparklingbrook Tue 24-Apr-18 16:44:04

I love mine. I had it as a present. But some of the coffee snobs on here weren't very happy. grin
There are places that will recycle the pods if you Google.

Purplehammer Tue 24-Apr-18 16:51:41

Love mine.
I used a cafetière before and tried different types/brands of coffee.
The coffee from the tassimo is far better.
The Suchard chocolate pods are lovely.

SistersOfPercy Tue 24-Apr-18 16:55:40

DH uses it for coffee, I only use it for tea. Personally I prefer the tea made from that to a tea bag.

N0tfinished Tue 24-Apr-18 17:04:17

I've had both, prefer the Nespresso, just because of the recycling of pods. I only buy Aluminum pods. More selection of Nespresso too. I have ended up with the L'Or ones, purple or the Columbian ones

iklboo Tue 24-Apr-18 17:05:08

We've got two - one in the kitchen and one in my office back bedroom. Our council recycles the pods (we checked before we bought the machines).

The pods are often on special offer & Asda do 3 packs for £10.

@keepingbees Where did you get the dodgy milk pods from? Sometimes it's down to how they've been stored at the shop rather than a tassimo fault. Sounds grim.

SuperLoudPoppingAction Tue 24-Apr-18 17:11:47

www.terracycle.co.uk/en-GB/brigades/the-tassimo-lor-brigade-r

keepingbees Tue 24-Apr-18 17:56:08

@iklboo they were from b&m and to be fair they were the first ones I'd had that were dodgy, and no not tassimos fault. But it was just the final thing that put me off as it really turned my stomach. I genuinely think the quality has gone down on the ones I've bought over about the last 3 months, they tasted so watered down (and were usually from either Asda or amazon not a cheapy shop.)

Buxtonstill Tue 24-Apr-18 18:04:12

Follow the link, and you get a machine and 3 packs of coffee for £39.99!

www.latestdeals.co.uk/deals/tassimo-black-vivy-2-machine-3-packs

kittenfun Tue 24-Apr-18 18:40:28

Should I get on amazon now for £40
If I wait till beginning of may will it have gone up in price

SuperLoudPoppingAction Tue 24-Apr-18 19:26:38

depends if the link above works out cheaper. tassimo website seems to use a decent courier near me - DPD.

kittenfun Tue 24-Apr-18 20:08:45

I am just going to get machine for

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: