Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What's the best paint stuff for bad fungal nail infection?

(6 Posts)
ColinsVeryJolly Tue 24-Apr-18 11:59:16

My big toe on my right foot is now truly awful.

I really don't want to go down the tablet route as I'm worried about the side effects. So I need to start trying the paint on stuff.

Has anyone had any good results with any? I really don't know which one to buy, and they're super expensive, so I want to make sure I get one that gives a good chance of working.

I need to be rid of my hideous toenail 🙈

TIA

SluttyButty Tue 24-Apr-18 12:05:05

Has it been tested and confirmed as a fungal infection?

Twofishfingers Tue 24-Apr-18 12:07:47

OK, it's tricky because the GP will tell you that paint stuff doesn't work, and in my experience it doesn't.

This product worked for me: www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?tag=mumsnetforum-21&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=canespro followed by the canesten cream. If followed correctly, the product actually kills all the infected and/or soft part of the nail and all you are left with is the healthy part of the nail. It can take up to a year for the nail to grow back to normal, and you need to use the cream as per instructions, to the letter.

I did that, and the infection came back only a little bit so I keep the fungus under control by using this product, which is a natural product: www.amazon.co.uk/Effective-fungus-Anti-Solution-Toenails-Fingernails/dp/B00KZDWL7W/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?keywords=fungus+oregano&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1524568031&sr=8-1

I hope this helps.

BlueTongueSkink Tue 24-Apr-18 12:07:52

I've used a Boots OTC remedy which has worked (think the active ingredient is Amorolfine, it comes in a blue and silver box and you have to file and apply weekly).

However, I went to a chiropodist first who filed the nails down first then told me to get the Boots stuff. It worked! My toenails look a million times better.

Judashascomeintosomemoney Tue 24-Apr-18 12:10:25

Came to say the same as twofish ie none of them work. I didn’t even bother with the Canespro set in the first link I just used the Canestan Bifonazole cream (usually used for athletes foot). Smeared it on and as much under the nail as I could and it cleared up in a couple of weeks.

OdileDeCaray Tue 24-Apr-18 12:12:03

www.yellowtoenailscured.com/xenna-nonyx-nail-gel-for-nail-fungus-review/

You can buy it from Amazon Uk

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: