Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Like to chat at night ? Join the night owl thread for friendly chat.

(228 Posts)
Mummylin Tue 24-Apr-18 11:59:05

Oops , slipped up there, but never mind , now we have a new tree so I will get busy sorting out my branch 😀

PinkHeart5914 Tue 24-Apr-18 12:00:22

New tree YAY!

Just got to wait for @Becca19962014 and MummySparkle to join us 🍰🍰🍰 brew

Mummylin Tue 24-Apr-18 12:12:42

Hahaha, never even looked at the date. Get your self settled into our new home Pink hope the others will find us soon . Becca will follow the scent of food !
Getting very cloudy here, and I wanted to hang my washing out for a while instead of tumbling it. I love the smell from washing when it's dried in the fresh air.
Just having a chicken sandwich before I tackle upstairs

Mummylin Tue 24-Apr-18 15:11:25

Having a lovely time throwing out loads of dh,s rubbish. He is very lazy and will empty boxes of shower gel for example, but keeps the bloody empty box, all receipts from the supermarkets etc. So I'm taking advantage whilst he isn't here. He won't even notice ! Whilst I'm not houseproud I cant stand loads of mess. Especially things that are worthless. Hope you find us Becca and Sparkles

Becca19962014 Tue 24-Apr-18 20:03:47

Now I know why the tree dropped off my watch list!!

<<munches>>

Oh, and I just put this in the barn ...

I got my pip letter through, I got enhanced care and standard mobility. It's really upset me, I don't know why, I expected to be turned down. My social worker says I should be on enhanced for both and appeal but I cannot face that.

It's very confusing.

I did a thread about it and now regret it. My last benefit thread turned into a war and I got put on warning by MNHQ.

Struggling a lot at the moment. So apart from the giraffe moving back in, that's why I'm not posting so much. I'm reading and watching though!

PinkHeart5914 Tue 24-Apr-18 21:09:48

Becca I’m glad to hear your PIP has been approved, I don’t have much understanding of how things with benefits work but without a medical assessment it must be very difficult to get. It’s a shame you didn’t get enhanced for both but I can totally understand not being able to face an appeal you have so much to deal with as it is.

I hope your thread will be ok, unfortunately benefit threads are like the trans threads on here 9/10 always go the same way.

I’ve got some cookie dough ice cream now, we can share if you like? 🍧

Becca19962014 Tue 24-Apr-18 21:17:44

Oooo cookie dough ice cream, yes please!!!!!

<<looks up 'share' in the dictionary>>

hmm

Becca19962014 Tue 24-Apr-18 21:19:13

It's actually difficult to get pip full stop.

Only one person replied so I'm thinking it'll disappear. I delibrately put it in chat for that reason.

PinkHeart5914 Tue 24-Apr-18 21:33:25

Share, who was I kidding? We’ll have a tub each wink

PinkHeart5914 Tue 24-Apr-18 21:36:13

I always tell dh Ben & Jerry’s tubs are single serving size anyway, although he normally looks at me like hmm

Becca19962014 Tue 24-Apr-18 21:49:09

Ooooo finally someone who understands what share Really means!! Another reason for me to stay behind your sofa grin

Have you seen those teeny tiny little tubs which are deemed a 'serving' ? They're scarily small. It's enough to give you nightmares, so if you havent avoid them!!

PinkHeart5914 Tue 24-Apr-18 22:09:37

I always wonder about who is responsible for the serving controls on packs, I got a cheesecake the other week and it said serves 8. Serves 8 what mice?

Then you get the sainsburys curries that say serves 2, again 2 what? Certainly not me and dh the way I eat!

MummySparkle Tue 24-Apr-18 22:10:36

<<flaps in>>

Hi owls. Sorry I haven't been around, there's been a lot going on. All of our benefit payments have now stopped because of the PIP decision. We are totally skint. Oh and this week we got a letter saying we owe £4.5k because of an Income Support overpayment. It's because of the overtime that I did this time last year when my boss had a stroke, but they've calculated it all wrong - I didn't earn that much extra so they can't expect me to pay it back. Of course I have no idea where my payslips are so it's going to be a total nightmare. Oh and it's been 7weeks so far of my PIP reconsideration and they haven't even looked at it yet. So glad you got yours though becca - that's really fantastic news!

I also forgot to reorder my meds before the weekend and I'm having major withdrawal symptoms. DH will hopefully be able to collect them for me tomorrow.

And landlady has sent a decorator to sand & repaint all of our windows. Today we also had the handyman helping him & someone fixing the roof. Then they had to call the plumber because they didn't think the leak was actually from the roof... I can't even relax in my own home anymore. Chez Sparkle is not a great place right now

PinkHeart5914 Tue 24-Apr-18 22:15:44

Hi Sparkle Me and Becca were just saying on the old tree thread yesterday that we hadn’t seen you for a while, so it’s nice to have you in the tree.

Sorry to hear about the problems with your benefits it must be such a stressful time for you and 7 weeks so far to not have your reconsideration looked at is ridiculous! I mean what do they expect people to live on during this time

Becca19962014 Tue 24-Apr-18 22:34:19

I'm sorry you're struggling with your pip sparkle I hope it gets sorted soon for you!

Becca19962014 Tue 24-Apr-18 22:37:20

What they tell you pink is it'll be fine because of backpay

The fact that you can't buy anything because nowhere will accept backpay instead of actual payment is apparently beside the point.

It's one of the most annoying things people say to you when your benefits are stopped "it's fine because you'll get backpay "

angry

They're probably the same people who make up "servings" too!

MummySparkle Tue 24-Apr-18 22:37:36

Pink Becca gave me a bit of a prod the other day to check I was still feathery. I hadn't been on mn much at all other than to share my beautiful garden path discovery grin I'll link to the thread in a bit...

It's very windy here tonight. I'm hoping for torrential rain tomorrow so the workmen can't come!!

MummySparkle Tue 24-Apr-18 22:38:31

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/3224888-I-found-a-path-to-nowhere-buried-in-my-garden-What-shall-I-do-with-it-Diagram-attached

Mummylin Tue 24-Apr-18 22:47:20

Glad to see that you both found the tree !
Glad your benefits have worked out for you Becca and hope your soon will be Sparkle seems like you have had to cope with a lot for the last few weeks.
Becca does that mean that If you moved you would now be able to pay a higher rent, I remember you saying before you wouldn't be able to afford the rent in a different place.
I have been out to a carvery with my dd tonight, was lovely , just me and her for a change,

Becca19962014 Tue 24-Apr-18 22:58:06

I have a bit of extra money but it wouldn't be enough to cover rent needed, as I'm needing more and more taxis.

Mummylin Tue 24-Apr-18 23:03:27

Oh that's a real shame. I was hoping it would get you into a new place at last.

Becca19962014 Tue 24-Apr-18 23:18:42

Unfortunately I wouldn't get past any credit checks anyway and don't have a guarantor so even if I could magically get rid of all debt/other expenses so it was all spends I wouldn't be able to get anywhere, especially as all disability benefits these days are temporary.

Becca19962014 Wed 25-Apr-18 14:00:49

My godmother has committed suicide.
I've no words sad

PinkHeart5914 Wed 25-Apr-18 15:05:15

Oh Becca That’s such sad news flowers

Mummylin Wed 25-Apr-18 15:20:20

Oh my god Becca I am so sorry to hear that. What a terrible event for you to cope with. Rest assured that we are here for you if things get to much for you .Please don't suffer alone. 💐

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: