Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Anyone ever used Patient claimline?

(5 Posts)
Stillmonday Tue 24-Apr-18 06:21:43

I had a bad experience at a private hospital last year and because of their negligence it caused me to have a 2nd operation within 2 weeks and put me in intensive care.

I made a direct complaint when I was feeling better but didn't get very far.

I've spoken to patient claimline which is a No win no fee company and they think they have a case.

Is it worth pursuing? Has anyone gone down this route before that can offer any advice?

Battleax Tue 24-Apr-18 06:27:28

No idea, but interested, so have a bump.smile

Hope you’re okay now.

Is there a reason you picked them particularly in the first place?

TammySwansonTwo Tue 24-Apr-18 06:29:39

No advice but I strongly believe that in some cases, legal action is the best way to force an organisation to make changes to prevent the same things happening again. I would absolutely pursue it.

Stillmonday Tue 24-Apr-18 06:34:44

I'm ok now but it took a good few months to feel 'normal' again and it was so traumatic at the time.

Part of me feels guilty because the surgeon I had was really good but the care after my first operation was appalling and to miss an internal bleed and dismiss my concerns about how I was feeling is just awful and unforgivable

TammySwansonTwo Tue 24-Apr-18 16:34:26

Sadly I can’t say I’m overly surprised. I’ve had multiple surgeries on the NHS and the same surgery at a private hospital - the care in recovery at the private Hospital was utterly incompetent and really quite scary. I discharged myself less than three hours later as I could manage my pain better at home. It’s also the only surgery I’ve had where my wounds have become infected and I’m not sure it’s a coincidence!

I’m glad you’re feeling better but please do pursue it - the more these companies have to pay out, the more likely they are to change their procedures

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: