Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Quick Poll: Samsung phone or I Phone?

(51 Posts)
buddahbelly Mon 23-Apr-18 10:52:07

Which do you prefer, ive always been Samsung for the simple reason you can add a storage card in, what storage you get with an iPhone is just that...so which do you prefer before I go shopping to get a new phone.

(for the record I do use a Mac, I pad and currently have a Samsung S5 )

OdileDeCaray Mon 23-Apr-18 10:54:04

Iphone

KeneftYakimoski Mon 23-Apr-18 10:56:58

If you're in the Apple ecosystem, iPhone.

If you aren't, less clear.

I never really understand (or at least, don't understand in 2018) the storage card argument: cloud's a thing, right?

KinkyAfro Mon 23-Apr-18 10:57:37

Samsung every time

SpecialAgentNobody Mon 23-Apr-18 10:59:21

I was a Samsung user for years but I found the amount of stuff I could actually move to an storage card was very little. I have an iPhone now and wouldn’t go back.

buddahbelly Mon 23-Apr-18 10:59:21

Keneft yes I get the cloud - Ive also lost items on it though that were backed up there not even the apple tech's could rescue it.

Ive just heard so many things about the updates every time a new phone is released by them which puts me off slightly.

KeneftYakimoski Mon 23-Apr-18 11:27:23

Ive just heard so many things about the updates every time a new phone is released

Android is hardly a world of stability, and the chances of your phone being updated with more recent releases is small. Some think that is a good thing.

But it sounds like you've pretty much made your mind up, so I'd go with what your gut feel says is right. There's no right answer.

AnnieOH1 Mon 23-Apr-18 11:37:54

Have Samsung improved their game battery wise? They used to be awful. That said we have just stepped away from iPhone in the last 12 months or so having started with the 3 and upgraded pretty much every time.

I find android phones better personally, not just the storage options but also the fact you can Bluetooth multiple photos, grab files off it quickly without messing with icloud. Yes cloud storage is all well and good but if I'm out in the country with poorer reception I don't want to be hassled about getting my files or music off the cloud, much better to just be there on the phone iyswim. Also storage on icloud is limited without paying each month.

Cameras are superior on some androids too compared to iPhone.

PinkHeart5914 Mon 23-Apr-18 11:44:30

Samsung everytime! I got mine back in November and it’s bloody brillant.

iPhone disappoints me, I love my iPad but every iPhone I’ve ever had just never seems to work properly

Shesellsseashellsontheseashore Mon 23-Apr-18 11:58:42

Never had an iPhone but generally don't like Apple products so would never switch to one. Hate using an iPad in work. I'm definitely an android fan and have had Samsung's as my last 4 phones and will upgrade to the latest one in the summer.

mummabeargrr Mon 23-Apr-18 11:58:43

iPhone
iPad
Iwatch

Bought into the whole thing and looked be it!

mummabeargrr Mon 23-Apr-18 11:59:01

Love it hmm

U2HasTheEdge Mon 23-Apr-18 11:59:59

Samsung.

I use Apple macs and I loved my iPhones for many years. I decided to try out a Samsung a couple of years ago and I wouldn't go back to an iPhone now.

I would never use anything other than Apple for laptops though. Well, unless I really had no choice financially.

SoupDragon Mon 23-Apr-18 12:01:37

You will get equal votes and strong opinions for both. As you’re using iPad and Mac already, that kind of edges the iPhone in front but it depends what else you want from the phone and how they compare.

itallhappensforareason Mon 23-Apr-18 12:10:55

Samsung. Don't regret switching from iPhone to Samsung at all.

NoodlesLivesHere Mon 23-Apr-18 12:13:17

Samsung every time. I currently wouldn't consider any other phone and in all honesty if I won a brand new iphone I'd just sell for the cash

Againfaster Mon 23-Apr-18 12:40:26

Samsung.
all my friends have iPhones and they seem to be constantly in the istore getting them fixed for one issue or another.

Cutesbabasmummy Mon 23-Apr-18 12:51:12

Samsung every time

MaxPepsi Mon 23-Apr-18 12:56:27

Samsung.

I find it very telling that everyone who works in mobile shops/repairs don't have iPhones themselves!

Shen0102 Mon 23-Apr-18 12:59:57

if you want your moneys worth go for Samsung

if you want a statement/designer phone go for iPhone

Noboozeforme Mon 23-Apr-18 13:14:29

Samsung. Just got the S9 plus. Love it.

motorpink Mon 23-Apr-18 13:29:05

I'm an iPhone user but I don't buy into the one is better than the other. They are both bloody good smartphones.

motorpink Mon 23-Apr-18 13:30:06

max

How do you know this?

Do you go round phone shops asking to the the staffs personal handsets confused

safariboot Mon 23-Apr-18 13:58:06

You could consider the OnePlus 5T if you want to stick with Android but try something other than Samsung. Though I think it's only available sim-free or on an O2 contract.

SoupDragon Mon 23-Apr-18 14:00:05

...and they seem to be constantly in the istore getting them fixed for one issue or another.

They must be very careless with them then.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: