Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I'm so fed up

(5 Posts)
HouseOfDooooom Mon 23-Apr-18 09:26:58

Just wanted a moan tbh. 2.5 year old has just come down with chickenpox (I think that's what it is anyway) and I have a major week at work this week with a million deadlines and meetings. Already had to cancel a meeting for this morning with my boss. DH is away with work running a training course. My mum and sister both work full-time themselves. No other family support.

I know kids get ill but he always seems to have the knack of getting something at the most inconvenient times. I can do a bit of work from home - he's such a good little boy and he's sitting quietly at the moment watching Paw Patrol on the ipad - but I just feel so guilty I'm not sitting on the sofa with him playing and cuddling him like my mum did when I was ill.

We're really lucky in the grand scheme of things - I only work 3.5 days and my employers are really understanding but I've been off so much due to him getting sick and I feel like I'm taking the piss. Anyone else in the same boat?

I get stick from others a lot because I don't "need" to work and I always feel especially crap at times like this.

Just wanted a rant really. Feeling fed up.

BikeRunSki Mon 23-Apr-18 09:38:06

You have my every sympathy! I have no local family support (DM is 260 miles away, PIL are 190) and DH works away a lot. I was so pleased when DS (And then DD) got chicken pox when I was on maternity leave with DD! They then both got bronchitis. 5 weeks from the first spot to the last cough.

I work 4 days a week and I think kids illness is always "Inconvenient" because I cram so much into the 4 days, there is always something important happening.

The DC are at school now, and generally in good health, but 4 snow days in March nearly did me in. I became an expert at video conferencing, whist the DC couldn't believe their luck with TV and video game time!

I also don't now "need" to work, financially, but tbh, I enjoy it and the intellectual challenge. No one every dos that DH doesn't need to work.

Stick at it. You're not bad mum. I'm sure you give your son lots of cuddles.

HouseOfDooooom Mon 23-Apr-18 09:42:57

thanks bike flowers

Twogoround Mon 23-Apr-18 09:45:17

Don't forgot if you stay at home mum you would be able to stuff cos your kid was sick .
For contagious things like chicken pox it is best ( i know this cant always happen ) the parents look after as adults getting chicken pox is very nasty . I am talking as adult who looked after a kid with mumps got again my self then gave it to another kid I was looking after I never did get to Dr for myself.

HouseOfDooooom Mon 23-Apr-18 09:47:35

Oh no don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a SAHM!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: