Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Anyone good at finding bargain laptops?

(12 Posts)
GlitterNails Sun 22-Apr-18 21:07:48

My laptop just died, and I have about £500-£600 to spend on a new one. However because of the dead laptop issue I only have my phone to research on and I'm really struggling to find a good deal - or the best I can get for my money.

I'm a fairly heavy user and abuse the hard drive, so ideally looking for a 1T hard drive and good memory/processor please.

Any bargain hunters got a spare couple of minutes to help please?

GlitterNails Mon 23-Apr-18 00:54:24

Would so appreciate it!

AornisHades Mon 23-Apr-18 01:08:41

Novatech used to be good. I haven't looked at them for ages though.

MadameFoner Mon 23-Apr-18 05:22:19

Dell outlet, some are classed as "scratch or dent" the last 2 I've bought had no marks, saved a few hundred pounds x

Vitalogy Mon 23-Apr-18 05:46:22

Argos have a HP for £299.

Ifailed Mon 23-Apr-18 06:02:48

I'm nothing to do with them, but have got some good deals in the past from www.tier1online.com/refurbished-laptops/?sort=bestselling.

These are refurbs, but come with a warranty.

felicitythemangyfox Mon 23-Apr-18 06:13:20

We recently bought an Acer Swift from Argos. (Tbh I haven't used it much but OH is very pleased with it)

PrimalLass Mon 23-Apr-18 06:16:07

We always buy from Dell too.

adaline Mon 23-Apr-18 07:25:00

Don't buy the cheap HP from Argos!

We have one and it's appallingly slow. The only good thing about it is the battery life but otherwise it freezes, can't handle more than one programme at a time and takes forever and a day to load.

Vitalogy Mon 23-Apr-18 07:33:35

We've had 3 of the £299 ish HP's over the years and they've been great. A couple from Argo and one from PC World.

Vitalogy Mon 23-Apr-18 07:34:19

*Argos

sirfredfredgeorge Mon 23-Apr-18 07:43:58

I'll echo Ifailed, a refurbished high quality machine will be miles better than anything high street cheap today.

I also can't really imagine what you're doing with all that hard drive, but it may well be better to just have external / network drive to store lots of the stuff if it's just for back up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: