Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What's on the menu at yours today?

(34 Posts)
lucysmam Sun 22-Apr-18 16:11:51

We're having roast chicken, roast potatoes, carrotts, parsnips, cauliflower and broccoli. With stuffing, Yorkshire puds and gravy.

I've made a giant cookie with odds and sods of bags of chocolate sweets from Easter chucked in, and blueberry muffins. So one or the other of those for pudding, with cream or ice cream. Or maybe even both!

What about you lot? smile

BazingaBaby Sun 22-Apr-18 16:20:25

We've got homemade Gnocchi with some sort of tomato based sauce and we'll have cheesy potato skins also. Choc ices for pud I think as it's gorgeous here today!

Nanasueathome Sun 22-Apr-18 16:21:31

Roast lamb dinner and I’ve made a rhubarb crumble to have later

HeresMeh Sun 22-Apr-18 16:22:35

@Nanasueathome I'm on my way round now, get another place at the table set out! grin

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sun 22-Apr-18 16:23:37

Lazy tea here - bread, crackers, cheese, grapes, celery, pickles
Really looking forward to it.

lucysmam Sun 22-Apr-18 16:26:04

Ooh rhubarb crumble's yummy!! My plant's doing well so far so looking forward to that later on in the year <licks lips>

Murphys Sun 22-Apr-18 16:27:16

Oxtail, rice and mixed veg.

But cheesy potato skins sounds very appealing right now.

Grumpbum Sun 22-Apr-18 16:30:03

Caramalised onion and goats cheese frittata with salad and SP wedges for H and kids

Eminybob Sun 22-Apr-18 16:30:32

We were going to have roast beef, as we have been without an oven for 6 weeks while our kitchen is being renovated, and the guy was supposed to be coming to install the new one today.
Well the bastard never showed up (latest in a long line of new kitchen related fuck ups) so we only have the gas hob working.

So I googled stove top pot roast beef, and am now attempting to cook a whole beef joint on the hob. I’ll let you know how that works out hmm

Nanasueathome Sun 22-Apr-18 16:31:22

I bought the rhubarb from the market yesterday

mintbiscuit Sun 22-Apr-18 16:32:48

Beef in red wine, mash and green veg. DH on duty in kitchen today. It’s slow cooking in oven and ma belly is rumbling from the smell wafting through house!

MumInTheCity Sun 22-Apr-18 16:33:37

We're having a sort of indoor BBQ (don't have a garden so can't do a real one!) We're having chicken breasts, chicken legs, sausages, corn on the cob and salads. Think I might make a salsa as well. Jelly and ice cream for pudding.

lucysmam Sun 22-Apr-18 16:34:59

@Eminybob I often do beef in my slow cooker...I'm not very good at getting it right in the oven but it's always melt in the mouth lovely from the slow cooker. Do let us know how it turns out...I'd be interested in knowing smile

TroubledTribble28 Sun 22-Apr-18 16:35:17

Cheese and pickle sandwich, salt and vinegar crisps, a vicount biscuit and the exotic mango Diet Coke. To be fair I'm packing up stuff, dodging animals and repainting scuffed patches on the walls. Anyone fancy sending me some proper grub?

LineyHasntLeftTheBuilding Sun 22-Apr-18 16:36:15

I'm on my own and trying to sort my post-surgery health out, so it's been a veritable festival of salad, vegetables, sardines and olives <cries>

And an egg.

Babybearsporij Sun 22-Apr-18 16:37:50

Breakfast was oat bran with peanut hottie powder and raspberries. Went out for lunch and had pork roast. Got some chicken salad for tea.

SunburstsOrMarbleHalls Sun 22-Apr-18 16:37:58

DP has made a lasagne using Gordon Ramsey recipe, will have with salad and garlic ciabatta.

IveGotBillsTheyreMultiplying Sun 22-Apr-18 16:41:10

Roast beef, cheesy leeks, Yorkshire's, roasties, other veg

Apple crumble with oaty nutty crumble topping, posh custard

flissfloss65 Sun 22-Apr-18 16:41:59

I’ve just had a lovely bowl or homemade coleslaw. Got a cheap cabbage and carrots from Aldi.

Dinner will be pasta and cheese sauce with onions, bacon and courgettes and lots of black pepper. My favourite!

LookMoreCloselier Sun 22-Apr-18 16:43:12

Chilli with rice, cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips. Bought a giant cookie to heat up from m and s for pudding with ice cream.

snop Sun 22-Apr-18 16:43:33

Roast lamb dinner with apple pie and custard

CakeNinja Sun 22-Apr-18 16:44:57

Went to my mums for a big Greek mezze type meal in the garden. There were stuffed peppers, feta and spinach filo parcels, cheeses with honey, moussaka, imam, kleftiko, olives, souvlaki, homemade hummus, stuffed vine leaves, my god loads and loads.
We all brought things to add to the table, it was amazing!

MorningsEleven Sun 22-Apr-18 16:45:43

Probably beans on toast
We went out for lunch.

BobbinThreadbare123 Sun 22-Apr-18 16:46:52

Salad, potatoes, quiche and stuffed mushrooms. Followed by apple pie and ice cream. Looking forward to it. It's been rubbish here today but the sun is back out now.

lucysmam Sun 22-Apr-18 16:46:53

While we're talking food; any ideas for a marinade for the small joint of pork I've got to go in the slow cooker for Tuesday. I found a chinese style one in one of my cook books but haven't got all of the ingredients needed for it & am trying to avoid spending unnecessarily smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: