Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Man sat behind me in Sainsbury’s cafe just farted loudly.

(299 Posts)
HateSummer Sun 22-Apr-18 12:16:50

So I got up and left. It was a long jumpy fart. I feel sick. I’m sure the fumes are on my clothes, our chairs were almost touching 🤢🤮

JenBarber Sun 22-Apr-18 12:19:15

Meh.

It's just a fart. It won't hurt you.

IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Sun 22-Apr-18 12:20:12

Get over yourself

reachforthewine Sun 22-Apr-18 12:20:18

You'll survive OP. It's just a fart.

PortiaCastis Sun 22-Apr-18 12:21:31

Don't you fart ?

user1483387154 Sun 22-Apr-18 12:21:31

everybody farts, even you!

Rawhh Sun 22-Apr-18 12:21:49

Gross.

I wouldn't be so worried about 'fumes' and I'm not precious usually about smells - can muck out horses and pick up dog poo. But it's the unexpected moment you catch a whiff of the smell of someone's guts.

Particularly when eating envy

jammiebammie Sun 22-Apr-18 12:21:57

He may have a bowel condition or a dodgy tummy and couldn’t help it, a single escaped fart isn’t the end of the world.
If he sat there continuously farting without excusing himself to the toilet, then it’s different.
My dd has a bowel condition and sometimes she can fart without warning (and sometimes worse than that) believe me, she is more embarrassed by this than you are disgusted.

northbynorthwesty Sun 22-Apr-18 12:22:03

Do you not fart ? Ever?

BeefyCakes Sun 22-Apr-18 12:22:08

It's just a fart. If you're that disguised and offended by a fart go home and burn your clothes hmm

Steeley113 Sun 22-Apr-18 12:23:08

It was probably my Dad, sort of thing he’d do grin seriously, it’s just a fart.

PyongyangKipperbang Sun 22-Apr-18 12:23:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

AlonsoTigerHeart Sun 22-Apr-18 12:23:57

How rude of of you!

Your supposed to fart back

IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Sun 22-Apr-18 12:30:15

like any normal person

How fucking rude are you?!

You’ve absolutely no idea of any medical conditions he may have. I have a friend who will fart in public with no warning due to a medical condition...she’s absolutely mortified by it and unfortunately because of idiots much like yourself, she’s choosing to stay at home as often as she can to save her embarrassment.

Why should she feel like that because people are so crap at understanding?

HateSummer Sun 22-Apr-18 12:34:11

😒

Yeah I really shouldn’t be offended when I’m sitting drinking a cup of tea and eating.

Andrewofgg Sun 22-Apr-18 12:35:06

The poor sod is probably mortified; nobody over the age of, at a guess, twelve farts deliberately. You were unreasonable and unkind.

I’m trying to think what to suggest you should wash out with soap . . . Andrew, behave!

juneybean Sun 22-Apr-18 12:36:08

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sun 22-Apr-18 12:36:17

Wherever you may be let your wind go free. In Church or Chapel or Sainsburys café.wink raise one leg and let it rattle.grin

sandsandthesea Sun 22-Apr-18 12:36:18

Chill lego

DontDrinkDontSmoke Sun 22-Apr-18 12:36:51

Meh.

It's just a fart. It won't hurt you.

Farts are airborne shit particles, you know. gringrin

ThisIsNotARealAvo Sun 22-Apr-18 12:37:00

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Sun 22-Apr-18 12:37:19

There's nothing to suggest he has a medical condition meaning he couldn't help it??! Tbh, if I had a tendency to fart uncontrollably without warning I wouldn't sit in a cafe.
It's unpleasant for those eating around you, whatever the cause.

donajimena Sun 22-Apr-18 12:40:54

Medical conditions aside some people are just rude. I'd be pretty disgusted too but on the off chance that it was something I he could not control I'd discreetly move.

Those who say its just a fart.. would you let rip with gay abandon in a cafe? I bloody well wouldn't (I do not have a medical issue before anyone jumps in)
You wouldn't do it in a job interview would you? Keep your fumes to yourself.

IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Sun 22-Apr-18 12:41:22

Chill lego

Do fuck off dear hmm

MonsteraDeliciosa Sun 22-Apr-18 12:42:01

There's nothing to suggest he has a medical condition meaning he couldn't help it??!

How would you know? Are people with digestive/bowel problems supposed to wear a sign around their necks?

I'm confused at those who say they go off to the loo... to fart!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: