Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Early Sunday - plans for today?

(52 Posts)
speakout Sun 22-Apr-18 06:03:03

I had a early night yesterday, catching up on sleep, but now fully awake at silly hour. I may as well grasp the day. Having a nice strong coffee and may go out to Tesco soon and get that out of the way. I have some work to do today and a bit of laundry. OH is on call so we can't plan anything.
What are you doing?

WeShouldBeFriends Sun 22-Apr-18 06:04:49

I have free tickets for our local steam train today but may have to drive 4 hours to collect a bike from eBay instead!

RhinoGirl Sun 22-Apr-18 06:07:55

DH is working. Need to go do a top up to see us through until payday, go see my Mum, may go see my sister depending on what she is doing.
DD was at a birthday party yesterday, didnt nap all day so fell asleep too early yesterday and has been awake since 3am... so I may snooze on the sofa all day instead!

FlatTopVera Sun 22-Apr-18 06:12:10

I’m going to London to watch the Marathon!
Speakout won’t Tesco be closed until 10am?

speakout Sun 22-Apr-18 06:14:32

Tesco will be open, all big supermarkets are open 24/7.

Nobingstealingisbad1 Sun 22-Apr-18 06:16:02

Kids up at 5:50 this morning 😴 my eldest has a birthday party over lunch time and then we plan on going to buy some summer clothes for our holiday in June.

butteryfluttery Sun 22-Apr-18 06:17:35

@speakout don't know about Scotland but licensing laws mean that in England at least, shop floors which are over a certain sq ft can't open more than 6 hours a day.

ProseccoPoppy Sun 22-Apr-18 06:17:54

Soft play for my toddler! I promised her yesterday we could go today. (Once it opens and provided baby will stop clusterfeeding long enough to actually get everyone dressed/in the car etc).

RoseAndRose Sun 22-Apr-18 06:18:27

I'm really annoyed. Had early night but slept badly. Had planned first lie-in for weeks.

Been wide awake for half an hour.

RunMummyRun68 Sun 22-Apr-18 06:19:50

I'm off to run LONDON MARATHON this morning!!

So excited....

NanooCov Sun 22-Apr-18 06:20:08

DS (almost 6 months) woke at 6 am annoyingly so we've been having a cuddle since then. I can hear bottom squeaks though so looks like that'll be brought to a halt soon! Plans later include going to the tip, putting stuff in/retrieving stuff from the loft, going to the garden centre, a quick supermarket shop and a bit of gardening. Not sure how much of that will get done. We'll see.

mailfuckoff Sun 22-Apr-18 06:20:44

Dc are awake so will take them downstairs to watch bgt so dh can get some sleep. Should go to church today and then boys have a cub st George's day march in town.

Eminybob Sun 22-Apr-18 06:21:12

I’ve been awake since before 5 and have come downstairs to prevent disturbing dh. I needed to eat as well, as suffering from morning sickness and thought I was going to vom.

Anyway... may go back to bed for a bit before ds wakes up, although dh has promised to get up with him this morning. Then we have the kitchen fitters coming to try and finish our bloody project which was supposed to only take 2 weeks and we are now in week 6 hmm

Will try and get out of the house while they are here but haven’t decided what to do. Ds has been asking all week to go to the zoo and there is a small one local ish to us so might have a trip out.

ProseccoPoppy Sun 22-Apr-18 06:21:40

Are you in Scotland speakout? Otherwise it won’t be open til 10am unless it is a little convenience store size one. (Incidentally our nearest big-ish Tesco isn’t ever 24hour - but perhaps you live somewhere less sleepy than I do!)

MrsJonesAndMe Sun 22-Apr-18 06:24:28

Our shops don't open early either.

We're off to swimming at 10, a bit of gardening after.

speakout Sun 22-Apr-18 06:25:18

Yes Scotland. Supermarkets open 24/7.

Buglife Sun 22-Apr-18 06:33:33

DS telling me it was morning at 6.01am 😭 and we have guests in the spare room and he was making a racket so I had to get straight up with him whereas I’d usually let him float around and play upstairs etc while I dozed longer. I’m taking him to a birthday party at 2pm and we are both probably going to be knackered by then with this early start, I’m pregnant and tired!

Eminybob weird stalkerish question but I recognise your username, did you have an August 2014 baby?! I remember a long thread with a few of us waiting to give birth and thought your name might be from there... I’m 29 weeks with DS2 now.

speakout Sun 22-Apr-18 06:38:20

One of the many great things about having teenagers is getting Sunday mornings back!
They will sleep until lunch time- if not get up and make toast and gives OH and I the chance to go shopping and have a breakfast out somewhere without having to sort the kids out.

BalloonFlowers Sun 22-Apr-18 06:38:47

DH has gone to work, kids pack lunches made, and kids sent to school, 1km swum, far to many biscuits eaten, about to go meet a friend for coffee.
Football lessons tonight, so need to get dinner prepared before kids get back from school. Also just got DS2s homework for next week emailed through, so need to do some printing to get that sorted.

And yes, my kids have school on a Sunday (but not a friday).

DappledThings Sun 22-Apr-18 06:41:09

It's my daughter's Baptism. She's asleep again now as long as I don't try to lie down after being awake since 4.30.

speakout Sun 22-Apr-18 06:41:10

BalloonFlowers where do you live?

FlatTopVera Sun 22-Apr-18 06:41:55

Good luck runmummyrun68
I did it

PeonyTruffle Sun 22-Apr-18 06:42:20

Kids club £2 cinema to watch Coco (tissues at the ready)
And then a slow day at home, I’ve promised DS I will make a fairy/batman garden with him, he’s 3 so I’m preempting carnage grin

FlatTopVera Sun 22-Apr-18 06:42:23

Oops managed to hit post!
I did it last year and it was incredible!

Userfroggypants Sun 22-Apr-18 06:56:51

Kids birthday party this afternoon. Going to try and fit in a run at some point and a shopping trip.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: