Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Breastfeeding and aching bones / joints !

(3 Posts)
SleepySeattle Sat 21-Apr-18 09:17:22

I'm about 6 weeks post partum and breastfeeding.
Over the the past week or so I have noticed that my bones ache espnat the joints of my feets, aankles, hands, knees and hips.

I was totally fine in pregnancy and didn't experience any of this. I'm wondering if this is due to breastfeesing and maybe I'm getting vitamin deficient or something.

Has anyone else experienced similar?

Ohdearyme2018 Sat 21-Apr-18 09:23:34

I had joint pain with low vitamin D3 - I wasn’t breastfeeding though so you should speak to your GP.

Might be worth you taking a breastfeeding supplement?

CanIGetARefund Sat 21-Apr-18 09:28:53

Vitamin d deficiency is very common and causes bone pain. Ask your GP for a blood test. If your levels are low you will be prescribed a course of high dose vitamin d. Check out NHS choices vitamin d supplementation information for adults and children. All children and most adults care now recommended to routinely take supplements in the UK. Incidentally, breastfed babies should apparently take vitamin d supplements from birth. Not a lot of health professionals are up to date with this latest recommendation.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: