Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

M&S bra fitting

(29 Posts)
VamonosPest Sat 21-Apr-18 06:39:56

Does anyone know, if you have a bra fitting at M&S do they measure you topless or with clothes on? I really need to get fitted for some new bras but a school mum works at our local branch in that department and I don’t fancy subjecting her to the sight of me as I’d never be able to make eye contact with her again. Thanks!

ilovetvandchocolates Sat 21-Apr-18 06:44:55

You take your top off but keep your bra on. The lady will look at the size you are wearing then go and fetch some bras for you to try. She then leaves you again to try them on and comes back and see how each bra is fitting.

makeitpink Sat 21-Apr-18 07:09:00

Please lord do not get fitted at M&S they are shocking and train to out dated advice. Go to bravissimo your breasts will thank you. X

Fairylea Sat 21-Apr-18 07:12:03

M and s are awful at fitting!

Google better bra campaign and go to their bra fitting page.

SusannahD Sat 21-Apr-18 07:12:45

Please do not go to m&s, terrible at fitting, go to bravissimo if you have one near.

welshweasel Sat 21-Apr-18 07:13:18

As above, steer clear of M&S, your boobs will thank you for it! Bravissimo is a much better bet.

woodenstag Sat 21-Apr-18 07:14:53

Try the boob or bust way of measuring yourself. Then go to bravissimo. M&S are shocking at bra measurements. Don't go there.

VamonosPest Sat 21-Apr-18 07:41:51

Oh wow, thanks for the replies. I will rethink M&S then! What is the boob or bust way of measuring?

SteamingPistons Sat 21-Apr-18 07:48:10

I was in the wrong bra for years thanks to a shocking M&S measurements, I couldn't understand why my boobs kept falling out over the top of the bra!!

WowserBowser Sat 21-Apr-18 07:50:45

M&S will have you in a too big a band and too small a cup.

WowserBowser Sat 21-Apr-18 07:51:40

booborbust.com/

Furball Sat 21-Apr-18 07:51:44

Have a read here

and believe in the measure - the tape measure doesn't lie!- I went from what I thought a 36 D to a 34 FF........

But do go to a bravissimo shop - you may need to make an appointment, (they get really busy) but don't let that put you off

Tiddlywinks63 Sat 21-Apr-18 07:58:43

Please don't waste your time going to M&S.
I wasted 90 minutes, tried on 23 different bras and none of them fitted. Went to Debenhams and I'm a very happy new bra owner. M&S lady wanted me to wear 36JJ 😳😱, Debenhams fitted me with 38F. The size 36 bras left deep welts on my ribs and enormous overhang under my armpits.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 21-Apr-18 08:03:12

I had a fitting at bravissimo and got resized at 28DD/E. M&S had me in a 34A.

I still have tiny boobs but my bra straps don’t fall down all the time anymore.

Fairylea Sat 21-Apr-18 08:52:17

M and S always size me as a 34E or F. In Bravissimo I am a 30G or 30GG depending on style and everything fits so much better.

bananafish81 Sat 21-Apr-18 09:09:49

M&S told me I was a 34B

I'm a size 6-8, and I measure 28cm under the bust. I'm not a 34! I measure a 28D (although I tend to wear a 30C because I can't get flattering/ comfortable bras in my actual size)

Steer clear of M&S

OnTheRise Sat 21-Apr-18 09:26:22

The best fitting I've had was at John Lewis.

M&S and Debenhams have been consistently awful.

TerfsUp Sat 21-Apr-18 09:28:22

Another vote for "don't waste your time at M & S; go to Bravissimo for a proper fitting".

KoalasAteMyHomework Sat 21-Apr-18 09:28:52

Same here - don't go to M&S. As lovely as the staff were I was wearing the wrong size for years after having a fitting there.
I did the measuring at home after finding a thread on here and then went to Boux Avenue. They measured me there at the same size as I measured myself.
M&S had me in too big a band and too small a cup size.

But most places I have gone to (inc Mothercare for maternity bras) asked me to remove my top but keep my bra on.

Mrsemcgregor Sat 21-Apr-18 09:32:50

Omg that method puts me at a 32dd. I always wear a 36D! I need to go bra shopping!!

sammielouise Sat 21-Apr-18 09:33:05

Definitely as others have said; M&S and Debenhams (mostly) add at least 4 inches to the band to fit to their stock. Either have a measure yourself using boob or bust calculator and use that as a starting size, or go to bravissimo smile

I used to wear 32b and have small boobs, but wear 28e now! Didn't believe it at first but they fit so much better! Give it a try!

MsVestibule Sat 21-Apr-18 09:39:51

If you don't have a local Bravissimo, try a small independent (not many of them around but they normally have a good stock and measure well) or John Lewis, Debenhams etc. I'm 32FF and the only place I've been measured badly was at M&S!

SerenDippitty Sat 21-Apr-18 09:46:39

M&S are rubbish. Their selection of plus bras is rubbish so if you are DD+ they won’t tell you. I had to go to John Lewis to find out I’m an F.

Hyppolyta Sat 21-Apr-18 09:47:42

I once got measured and they said I was a 38C.

Ive been in a G cup or over since I was 16. The woman was absolutely insistent I try the bra on, the bloody cup didnt even cover my nipples but she'd been so rude I found it quite amusing to put it on and watch her backtrack.

Definitely measure yourself at home, then try a couple of different sizes as all brands and cuts can very slightly.

Biologifemini Sat 21-Apr-18 09:49:04

Oh dear I love and m and a bra
The silouette is great on me and I feel really comfy and neat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: