Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Graham Norton

(18 Posts)
LucilleBluth Fri 20-Apr-18 23:10:22

Ahhhhhh, Matt Le Blanc and Cucumberbatch are making me cringe. Have I had too much wine or is the couch not mixing well. I adore Maxine Peake, she's too good for this.

Sparklingbrook Fri 20-Apr-18 23:13:29

My Nan had an outfit like Maxines when she was in her nineties. grin

gingercat02 Fri 20-Apr-18 23:19:28

I love all of them in various guises except Mez Bez (her old lady hands freak me out) but duuuullll show. Also wtf with Calvin Harris and DuaLipa young people are out partying surely?

MissMarplesKnitting Fri 20-Apr-18 23:21:04

I dunno but the Calvin Harris/Dua Lips track just reminds me of late 90's trance and drum n bass nights at uni

LucilleBluth Fri 20-Apr-18 23:25:10

I poured an extra drink and forced my tired arse to stay awake for this shit. If I was a lesbian then Maxine would be my woman of choice....boiler suit and all. I'm a sucker for an intelligent woman with a northern accent.

How in hell Cumberbatch was ever a sex symbol I don't know....and le Blanc is turning into Joey....he's got a massive suede.

BlueTongueSkink Fri 20-Apr-18 23:44:16

MissMarples that's exactly what I said to DH about the music being a 90s-style clubby song!

Kattymanners Fri 20-Apr-18 23:46:18

Does anyone know where Claudia got her blouse from ? That was the only think I liked tonight grin

Shinygoldbauble Fri 20-Apr-18 23:47:13

I usually really enjoy Graham Norton but thought it was dull tonight.
Agree that the song was very 90s.

ValleyClouds Fri 20-Apr-18 23:50:10

Something wasn't right tonight.

Really felt like Cumberbatch wanted to be anywhere else.

notacooldad Fri 20-Apr-18 23:53:48

Claudia was all over Mary Berry like a japenese knot weed.
If I was Mary I would be screaming at her to stop touching me!

EnidButton Sat 21-Apr-18 02:09:53

I love the GN Show usually but it gave me secondhand embarrassment tonight. The anecdotes were painfully slow and boring and none of them connected with each other at all. Except maybe Mary B and Claudia.

Even the first red chair story was terrible and made me cringe at how obviously made up it was.

It looked like a good line up on paper.

Graphista Sat 21-Apr-18 02:14:38

It definitely lacked something even though I love the guests that were on.

Wtf Maxine peake was wearing I don't know - looked like something you'd see on prisoner cell block h!

Think the couch needed a comedian or someone controversial. Too bland.

HelenaDove Sat 21-Apr-18 02:29:48

I watched this for Maxine I luffs her.

PyongyangKipperbang Sat 21-Apr-18 02:44:50

I loved Sherlock being burned by Joey and I hated Claudia butting in on MB's story, and her intimating that MB has memory problems ("can you remember?......Didnt you say that?....."). Even if she has, it isnt CW's place to tell the world!

I thought Maxines outfit was a nice enough design but the wrong colour, beige suits almost no one. I always fast forward through the music bit so cant comment on that but YY to the american woman's story being more full of bullshit than a field of cows.

PrincessoftheSea Sat 21-Apr-18 03:02:30

Glad i did not watch it if CW was on it

notacooldad Sat 21-Apr-18 08:28:06

I hated Claudia butting in on MB's story, and her intimating that MB has memory problems ("can you remember?....Didnt you say that?*....."). Even if she has, it isnt CW's place to tell the world!

I didn't think that she was intimating memory problems but that she was showing off about how close and matey she was with Mary.
I normally don't mind CW but I wanted her to stop pawing at MB. Like she was an exotic pet.

DontDrinkDontSmoke Sat 21-Apr-18 10:57:06

Even the first red chair story was terrible and made me cringe at how obviously made up it was

I was convinced it was going to be the glittery tissue story...it was a variation on it though. Completely made up.

crumbsinthecutlerydrawer Sun 22-Apr-18 09:29:34

I didn’t make it to the red chair, watched on catch up yesterday. I thought BC had turned into a bit of a Tom Hiddleston, very show offy and lacking in any self awareness and I’ve never really minded him before. He seemed to take up more time than everyone else and none of them seemed very interested in each other. Shame.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: