Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

So. The giant spiders are back I see?

(97 Posts)
DaanSaaf Fri 20-Apr-18 21:21:36

I'm not scared of spiders but this one made me jump. He seems nice enough, dc have named him Bob. Dh won't go anywhere near grin

DaanSaaf Fri 20-Apr-18 21:28:51

Bob (big ol' bastard) smile

SingingTunelessly Fri 20-Apr-18 21:29:51

Where the hell in the world are you?! 😮

Annamadrigal Fri 20-Apr-18 21:29:56

🤤🤤

froomeonthebroom Fri 20-Apr-18 21:29:59

Jesus arsing Christ. Burn your house down immediately.

DaanSaaf Fri 20-Apr-18 21:31:44

I'm in the sunny north of England!

FrenchDucksSayCoinCoin Fri 20-Apr-18 21:38:03

Geez Louise... Is that standard size coving? I'm finally at a point in my life where I can open threads with the word spider in the title, but I still don't want one of those in my house.

INeedNewShoes Fri 20-Apr-18 21:39:53

That's the best I've seen in years if I've got the scale right.

We need you to put your hand next to it for context grin

zenasfuck Fri 20-Apr-18 21:40:36

What the actual fuck :-0

elQuintoConyo Fri 20-Apr-18 21:41:09

Fuck my eyes!

That's one hell of a critter!

DaanSaaf Fri 20-Apr-18 21:41:15

It's a picture rail so about 3 inches?

BubblesAndSquarks Fri 20-Apr-18 21:43:41

What did you do about it? shock
If one like that got in the house when DP wasn't here I think I'd have to leave until he'd found and removed it!

DaanSaaf Fri 20-Apr-18 21:44:40

I'll get a to scale pic when I go back up. He's pretty impressive isn't he!

Bumpinthenight Fri 20-Apr-18 21:44:53

I live in a woodland area so it is really unusual for me not to see any spiders yet I have spent the last couple of weeks remarking that I have seen any for ages.

If one of those is growing anywhere near me I am moving!

Badcat666 Fri 20-Apr-18 21:47:03

Bless him. We had one in my bedroom I called Maureen and I couldn't even get her into a pint glass cos her legs were so long. She lived behind bed and would come out of an evening for a walk up the curtains. Not even the cats messed with her.

Judashascomeintosomemoney Fri 20-Apr-18 21:54:40

Ah, lovely giant house spider. We had one living in the corner of our sitting room last autumn. Boris was his name. DD had him well trained, he’d come running out of his hole in the floor when she tapped. He disappeared sometime in October, probably looking for a mate. She came home from school one day and he was gone sad. It was like puff the magic dragon all over again......

Armi Fri 20-Apr-18 22:06:29

We get massive ones here, in Darkest Lincolnshire. I sucked one up in the handheld Dyson and it blocked the tube.

Lovesagin Fri 20-Apr-18 22:07:46

What the fucking fuck? Is that real? Surely it's a forgotten Halloween decoration?!

GladAllOver Fri 20-Apr-18 22:08:28

He (or she, can't tell from that picture) is lovely. You should have no trouble with flies as the weather warms up.
Leave a soggy tissue somewhere close by where it can get a drink.

Twounder1 Fri 20-Apr-18 22:09:01

.. Fuck.

We had a few mutants last year. By that I mean they were the biggest house spiders I've ever seen.
Dp isn't great with them. We both stood in the kitchen screaming at it for a good hour.

Badcat666 Fri 20-Apr-18 22:28:36

glad I have an old towel I draped over the bath at night to help them climb out again after a nice drink. Poor MrBC nearly had a heart attack when he moved in and sat on the loo for his morning evacuation and there was a huge spider sitting on the bath edge on the towel watching him. He said he felt like it was judging him and he couldn't break eye contact grin

BifsWif Fri 20-Apr-18 22:30:49

Is Bob on steroids?

BigStripeyBastard Fri 20-Apr-18 22:41:39

Jesus H Christ.
I've got Alien Resurrection on at the moment. I think I would actually be less terrified if I came face to face with the double-jawed, acid -blooded killing machine in the hallway than bloody Bob!

SilverHairedCat Fri 20-Apr-18 22:43:57

Jesus fucking christ.... I have no problem with spiders, but even I would evict Bob.

Fuck me. He's enormous!

mimibunz Fri 20-Apr-18 22:48:17

Good grief. I just smacked one in the garden, about a quarter of that size.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: