Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Anyone else struggle to sit down and relax and constantly need to keep moving??

(13 Posts)
Highhorse1981 Fri 20-Apr-18 16:09:06

Beautiful beautiful day.

I’m a SAHM. Most of my friends out on their gardens reading / sunbathing.

Me? Cleaning the bathroom, hoovering, admin, the list goes on.

I sit down for ten minutes, then I’m up and attacking something else.

Yes, I am very organised and always on top of things. But seems like terrible waste of this beautiful potentially fleeting weather.

Tell me I’m not alone?

bexcee Fri 20-Apr-18 16:10:20

Yes I can't relax! I sit down and see or think of something that needs doing and I just have to do it straight away!

flapjackfairy Fri 20-Apr-18 16:11:44

You are not alone.
I wish i could sit still a bit more but just keep hopping up to do one more thing.

allyouneedis Fri 20-Apr-18 16:13:43

Same here! It’s so annoying not to be able to just sit and relax ☹️

Thewindsofchange Fri 20-Apr-18 16:33:10

I'm the other way round.

I'd love to be an active person and get stuff done rather than lolling about and then get annoyed at myself that I've not achieved anything!

Crinkle77 Fri 20-Apr-18 16:41:29

I am the other way too. I am so lazy I must have been a sloth in a former life.

JakeBallardswife Fri 20-Apr-18 16:47:55

I'm totally the opposite, I find it too easy to relax and switch off! I think there must be a happy medium!

MrsMollyMooMoo Fri 20-Apr-18 16:48:21

I’m the opposite. I’ve read my book all day today bar the school run. If something needs done, I do it at the last possible moment

Mrstumbletap Fri 20-Apr-18 16:52:58

I think that's called efficiency! As long as it gets done, it's done.

I love to relax. Probably too much and feel guilty that I do. But I work 40-45 hours a week I don't know why I'm guilty. It's ridiculous.

People need to relax, slow down, chill out and not feel guilty. The pace of life is too fast in my opinion.

HildaZelda Fri 20-Apr-18 16:53:22

My DH can't just sit down and relax. I don't mean he's getting up and doing housework sadly. He just can't sit down and chill. He's constantly fidgeting, biting his nails, jumping up to go to the loo or get something in the kitchen, constantly channel hopping.
Drives me bloody loopy if I'm honest.

FirstTimeRound984 Fri 20-Apr-18 16:55:30

Yes! exactly the same - sahm sent DS off with my DM a few hours ago and I've just top to bottom cleaned, cleared out my storage cupboard(to make more room for other stuff I'll throw out another time!) rearranged my dinning room and just measured the room to look at redecorating it - a plan that I will never accomplish, I'm the type to get an idea do all the research/planning then wait to save up the money, then forget that idea and move onto another one and repeat!

My only experience of the outdoors today was sweeping up leaves earlier and trying to convince DS to come out and play (he loves being outside but is now frightened of anything that moves - two squirrels on the fence and he ran away in play inside!)

Highhorse1981 Fri 20-Apr-18 17:50:20

Ah relief I’m not alone!

the idea of reading a book / watching tv etc during the day is utterly alien to me. I always sit down for lunch. For a good hour. But even then I’m doing admin / researching stuff (and mumsnet!). Other than that - it’s go go go.

Those that are like me, are you also very skinny?

Mrstumbletap Mon 23-Apr-18 21:14:38

Depends what you call very skinny?

I’m lazy and a size 10.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: