Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Anyone else with an idiot dog?

(13 Posts)
BumpowderSneezeonAndSnot Fri 20-Apr-18 14:33:53

It's 27C here and my dog has been sat in the blazing sun since 11am. I've called her in she has free access to her water and doesn't seem to be distressed just panting as expected.

I can't spend more than 5mins out there at the moment but there she is sat there in the sun in a fur coat. Anyone else with an idiot animal?

Frequency Fri 20-Apr-18 14:36:55

Mine is on the window sill doing his best impression of a houseplant because I won't let him in the garden until my freshly mopped floor is dry.

Playmobilpeacock Fri 20-Apr-18 14:39:09

Yep, I think my dog is part cat.

She loves round the house finding patches of sunlight to lie in. She has a really fluffy coat and she must be boiling.

Aprilmightbemynewname Fri 20-Apr-18 14:41:17

My Lurchers turn themselves over regularly to make sure they are roasted on both sides.

amusedbush Fri 20-Apr-18 14:43:43

JRT here and he's such a sun worshipper. He will move his bed into the smallest patch of sunshine and lay there with his eyes closed.

bastardlyandmutley Fri 20-Apr-18 16:13:40

I'm having the opposite problem. Both of mine are refusing to go out in the sun at all. They both sit in the back porch until I relent and let them back into the house. They're not usually bothered by the sun, in fact one used to enjoy soaking up the sunshine. I am baffled by the sudden change. Maybe they are just getting old.

hennybeans Fri 20-Apr-18 16:17:41

My mum lives in the desert and has a husky (I know hmm ). The dog loves sunbathing in 40 degree + weather. My mum speculates that actually her fur keeps her insulated and cool, as well as warm. Or else the dog is just crazy.

Floralnomad Fri 20-Apr-18 16:23:30

My dog loves sunbathing , he comes in for regular drinks but then it’s straight back out or into the conservatory where he can have a really good go at cooking himself .

LifeBeginsAtGin Fri 20-Apr-18 16:24:03

mine was spread-eagled on the tiled floor cooling her bits

BumpowderSneezeonAndSnot Fri 20-Apr-18 16:26:01

To back her up henny mine is a husky mix...

OdileDeCaray Fri 20-Apr-18 16:27:32

We had a couple of hours today on the beach and in the sand dunes and they raced around like mad in the sunshine but did dig to rest their faces in the cool sand below the surface!

I had an ice cream!

fourquenelles Fri 20-Apr-18 17:10:46

My three are Spanish. Say no more grin

AstrantiaMajor Fri 20-Apr-18 17:35:44

We got a rescue terrier at Christmas. She has overcome all sorts f f obsessions, but now has turned her attention to flies and bees. She is leaping up every few minutes trying to eat them. If they settle on the ceiling she yelps at them

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: