Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Rachel Weisz pregnant at 48

(180 Posts)
giggleshizz Fri 20-Apr-18 12:49:15

Sorry, was reading the sidebar of shame during lunch and came across this. Whilst I fully support gorgeous (and anyone else) people having babies, I'm thinking 48?!? A bit old?

I'm 45 with one young child and can't ever imagine pushing anything out of my fanjo ever again plus imagine the sleepless nights and menopause at the same time!!

Lisette40 Fri 20-Apr-18 12:52:41

I hope everything goes well for her. At 47 I'm just too old! I haven't much energy at the best of times.

wowfudge Fri 20-Apr-18 12:52:44

I hate these kinds of threads. Frankly it's no one else's business and if it's what they want then just leave them to it.

justabunchofbunting Fri 20-Apr-18 12:52:49

Oh wow is she! Thats great im pleased for her. Im sure she wont really have a hard time of it as shes not exactly skint is she. She may be more tired than someone younger but she can easily afford to have get some help in cant she.
Probably can have the baby in that posh hospital thats a bit like a hotel as well. And have a night nanny if she wants one.

Coveredinbeeeeeeeeeeeees Fri 20-Apr-18 12:53:52

She's a celebrity, she won't be having any sleepless nights. And the baby will probably exit via the sunroof too.

Mrsdarcyiwish10 Fri 20-Apr-18 12:54:04

I'm 45 and would cry if I was pregnant again

giggleshizz Fri 20-Apr-18 12:57:10

Why WOWFUDGE? I am a huge fan of both Rachel and Daniel but they are celebrities which does allow us to scrutinise them a bit (IMO). I'm not criticizing Rachel. I am more gobsmacked than anything. I am an old mum but can't imagine having another child in the next couple of years. Good luck to them, just thought there might be others out there interested in the news.

justabunchofbunting Fri 20-Apr-18 12:58:23

Sorry if my comment sounded insensitive. I did not mean to imply that having a baby is easy for anyone. Its just that having that wealth may negate some of the drawbacks of being 48 and trying to birth and look after a baby. So I wouldnt worry about that baby im sure it will be well cared for and im sure so will she.

I guess thats how it goes for some women. Shes had a really amazing career hasnt she so im pleased for her that she is having a baby. Shes got the amazing career and the baby, good for her!!

CountFosco Fri 20-Apr-18 13:02:50

I'm 47 with 3DC (all under 10) and if I didn't already have 3 I'd definitely be up for having another. I have more energy now than I did in my 30s (thinner and fitter) and there's no sign of the menopause yet. No reason why a woman can't have a baby at this age and no-one starts a thread if a male celebrity of this age has a child.

littlepill Fri 20-Apr-18 13:03:44

I think it is wonderful. Fabulous news for them both. It’s great to not be written off, and to have our stereotypes challenged

LineyHasntLeftTheBuilding Fri 20-Apr-18 13:04:04

Wish her well.

MarshaBradyo Fri 20-Apr-18 13:07:12

It’s great. Only she can say if she is too old. So no she’s not

I actually feel happier for her than the average celeb pg for some reason

Lisette40 Fri 20-Apr-18 13:08:13

I think I need to get fitter then count! I've only one child and feel tired. Might get my thyroid checked and boost diet.

Lokisglowstickofdestiny Fri 20-Apr-18 13:08:35

Good for her, I say. I hope all goes well.

Havoc Fri 20-Apr-18 13:11:31

She'll be fine, she has children already, doesn't she? So nothing is going to surprise her, and she looks very fit and healthy.

Although, like Mrsdarcyiwish10, if it were me pregnant, I'd be crying.

Cockmagic Fri 20-Apr-18 13:14:38

She's clearly not too old if she got pregnant in the first place is she?

Aprilmightbemynewname Fri 20-Apr-18 13:15:11

One envious Mner here!! Wishing her all the best.
And a sunroof baby isn't the easy option!

giggleshizz Fri 20-Apr-18 13:21:44

Secretly I am envious too APRIL, I just know my body (and sanity couldn't take it). All power to her, didn't mean for my OP to sound negative. I guess I was more surprised at the age but of course congratulate her.

(Although feel this could be the nail in the coffin for Daniel ever waking up and thinking he might prefer to date me grin )

AjasLipstick Fri 20-Apr-18 13:26:33

I'm 45 and I could do another baby. I'm fit....I love kids. :D I just won't because I've got two already! And we can't really afford another.

FriendlyOcelot Fri 20-Apr-18 13:26:42

My friend has just had a first baby at 47... and she looks FABULOUS and glowing and full of energy. no help either AFAIK. I can only assume it’s because she spent her thirties and majority of her forties having long lie ins and twice as much sleep as those of us who started having children in their twenties and thirties!

crunchymint Fri 20-Apr-18 13:26:46

Wow 48. I guess different from the average mum in that she can pay for lots of help, so she will be fine. But no getting pregnant at this age is my worst nightmare. Baby stage would not be too bad, but the idea of parenting stroppy teenagers in my 60s brings me out in a cold sweat.

papayasareyum Fri 20-Apr-18 13:26:56

It’s very very hard to get pregnant at 48 without ivf or surrogacy. I hope that women in their thirties don’t look at her and think they can wait until late forties to have a baby because it rarely happens at 48. I wish her well. She’ll have tonnes of support and has the financial stuff all sorted, so she can probably take several years out if she wants to now.

FriendlyOcelot Fri 20-Apr-18 13:27:31

I’m 42 and there’s no way I could consider having another as my teens are sucking the lifeblood out of me grin

AnyFucker Fri 20-Apr-18 13:28:43

Congratulations to them both.

MissTeri Fri 20-Apr-18 13:30:27

And a sunroof baby isn't the easy option! - I thought that too! Not that I've had a C-Section but when I was pregnant the thought of it scared me senseless and yet everyone seems to think it's the easy way out, surely it's major surgery, weeks (possibly months) of recovery and risk of complications etc ... never really understood how people can make out that it's the simple option!

Sorry, slightly off topic OP.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: