Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What clothing item can’t you have too many of?

(52 Posts)
TamiTayorismyparentingguru Thu 19-Apr-18 12:26:33

For me it’s coats/jackets - I seem to have amassed quite a collection, and it’s the one thing I always spot in shops and gravitate towards. I have to stop myself buying anymore because I really don’t need anymore and they are rarely cheap items - it’s not like buying too many t-shirts!

Also jeans because apparently I own A LOT of jeans (according to DH anyway) - I will admit that many of them are very similar, but I like them all!

What is your item that you find yourself gravitating towards in every shop?

TeaAddict235 Thu 19-Apr-18 12:39:14

Tops
Specifically shirts, long sleeve, short sleeve, collar, no collar, patterned, plain, waist length, hip length, .......

Just don't mention ironing though wink

Sittingintgesun Thu 19-Apr-18 12:41:55

Black jeans

FreeButtonBee Thu 19-Apr-18 12:46:03

vests. Never have enough, the right length/straps/colour; white ones always go grim so quickly.

ThisIsNotARealAvo Thu 19-Apr-18 12:46:44

Leggings and tights. I've got about 20 pairs of each.

BrazzleDazzleDay Thu 19-Apr-18 12:50:47

Pyjamas and cosy socks

TegKernow Thu 19-Apr-18 12:51:37

Socks.

Every time I buy them, they start to disappear within days. I suspect they disappear into the same pit of oblivion as my teaspoons.

Agree with you on jeans. I could never have too many pairs of jeans (even if they do all look the same 😄).

madmomma Thu 19-Apr-18 13:02:57

Jersey stretchy tops

wellhonestly Thu 19-Apr-18 13:03:08

Cardigans. My office is always really warm, but I need a layer (that goes with the rest of my outfit) to put on whenever I leave it.

OdileDeCaray Thu 19-Apr-18 13:05:41

Coats, footwear, hats and handbags

TamiTayorismyparentingguru Thu 19-Apr-18 13:11:43

Ooh - what kind of hats Odile? I used to wear hats a lot when I was younger but I never do now, except for a woolly hat in winter or a baseball cap when running (or when my hair needs a wash blush). I see hats all the time and think I should just buy them, but as a SAHP I feel I would look ridiculous on the school run in a fedora!

TamiTayorismyparentingguru Thu 19-Apr-18 13:12:41

That’s how I feel about jackets wellhonestly - I live in Scotland - you don’t ever leave the house without a jacket just in case!

mummabearfoyrbabybears Thu 19-Apr-18 13:16:03

I make most of my own clothes and I make and wear a lot of yoga skirts. So comfortable and quick to sew (about half hour from start to finish).

OdileDeCaray Thu 19-Apr-18 13:21:47

TamiTayorismyparentingguru

Sadly, not as many stylish ones nowadays but mainly beanie/bobble hats and trapper style hats for wet weather on dog walks. Lots of wide brimmed sun hats and smart Trilby type ones.

Berets now look hideous on me.

I live in hope that Stetson's will make an entry into the world of fashion as you can't beat a good cowboy hat!

Weezol Thu 19-Apr-18 13:26:16

For me, there is no such thing as 'too much/many' when it comes to pyjamas and big knickers.

I've got about 25 hats, ranging from bobble to vintage bowler. If I lived in a bigger place that would increase.

CallarMorvern Thu 19-Apr-18 13:34:02

Stretchy cami vests, Primark ones are great...And socks, CK bamboo ones with the rolled top and Converse trainer socks are my favourites, I don't have enough of those though.

RatRolyPoly Thu 19-Apr-18 13:36:15

Tan boots, apparently!

90% of my shoes are tan boots of varying types and heel, and 100% of my "everyday" shoes are.

TamiTayorismyparentingguru Thu 19-Apr-18 13:40:15

Odile we lived in Texas for a few years - I LOVED that wearing stetsons and cowboy/cowgirl boots was totally normal!

RatRolyPoly Thu 19-Apr-18 13:42:45

For me, wearing cowboy boots in deepest Norfolk is totally normal - tan ones of course grin

Maybe I need a hat...

Ollivander84 Thu 19-Apr-18 13:44:48

Dresses. I have about 70 blush

BlingLoving Thu 19-Apr-18 13:49:53

Vests. To wear under things mostly, but sometimes alone. I have lots of different colours and with different strap thicknesses. I NEED more variety of fabrics though as most are stretchy cotton but I could do with more in a sort of camisole style.... <wonders off to go shopping>

MyFamilyAndOtherAnimals1 Thu 19-Apr-18 13:57:25

Footwear, unfortunately! I have a very minimal wardrobe compared to many of my female friends, but I manage to justify pretty much each pair of shoes, knowing they are all useful for something different... such as
- different boots for different seasons (ankle boots, knee high boots, low heeled boots, high heeled boots, brogue boots, snow boots...)
-active boots (eg. walking boots, mountaineering boots, wellies (wellies are in various states of disrepair depending on how much they've been chewed by the dog!))
- different types of shoes for 'nice' occasions (eg. ballet pumps, brogue shoes, small heeled shoes, high heeled shoes, various colours of heeled shoes...)
- active shoes (eg. casual trainers, gym trainers, road trainers, trail trainers, climbing shoes, approach shoes...).
...and I wish I was a minimalist. But I don't know how to cut down this list!

YoloSwaggins Thu 19-Apr-18 14:11:52

Knickers, I have about 45 pairs!

TamiTayorismyparentingguru Thu 19-Apr-18 14:26:53

45 pairs of knickers!???! Do you wear them all?!

TamiTayorismyparentingguru Thu 19-Apr-18 14:28:31

(I’ve just counted and I have 21 pairs plus 3 older ones which are kept for the days leading up to going on holiday so I can pack in advance. I thought that was a lot!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: