Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Meghan Merkel what’s wrong with her?

(182 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Homemenu1 Wed 18-Apr-18 22:34:58

No one seems to have a good word to say about her, I can’t understand it. Most people are very positive about Kate, I can’t see much difference in the really
Is it a case of Britain being like a mil, nothing good enough for our boy!

I’ve read posts about her being fake, in it for the money and fame, shes robotic, she will divorce Harry within a few years to name a few posts

I’d you don’t like Meghan why?

Fwiw I’m not a royalist, I like that she seems to have an opinion, that she seems quite a self assured women. I wonder if that’s the problem tbh.

TheSpottedZebra Wed 18-Apr-18 22:35:53

Is this Angela's sister?

StealthPolarBear Wed 18-Apr-18 22:37:19

grin

ReggaetonLente Wed 18-Apr-18 22:37:26

I’ve got a good idea why quite a few people don’t like her, not that they’ll come right out and say it.

Happygolucky009 Wed 18-Apr-18 22:37:41

Hmmm I remember kate being called watey katey for hanging around William so long waiting for the proposal, she was described as grabbing, fortune hunting and from an highly ambitious parenting background. Sound familiar....

StealthPolarBear Wed 18-Apr-18 22:38:25

Is she hated though? I'm sure "waitey Katie" had mixed feeling shown to her to begin with.

Curtainshopping Wed 18-Apr-18 22:38:48

It’s just women being bitchy. Human nature.

C0untDucku1a Wed 18-Apr-18 22:39:33

Ive not seen a bad word about her. And im on here daily! What threads are these on?

Octave777 Wed 18-Apr-18 22:39:56

I think how she ditched her last fiance muddied the waters. Also how some of her family still haven't been invited apparently. Bit of course don't know her. I just prefer Kate.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 18-Apr-18 22:40:22

Am i missing something. I've never heard anyone say anything negative about her.
She seems to be able to do not wrong

I don't like her as she comes across as being up her own arse.

Trumpdump Wed 18-Apr-18 22:42:22

I like her and think she will be a breath of fresh air to the royal family. She's smart, naturally gorgeous, and has worked hard for a living/career. What's not to love?

Tomselleckhaskindeyes Wed 18-Apr-18 22:45:09

I like her....

ineedamoreadultieradult Wed 18-Apr-18 22:45:53

I think she seems lovely and never heard anyone say anything negative about her in real life.

Petalflowers Wed 18-Apr-18 22:46:16

I haven't heard anything negative. The recent documentary I saw about her was complimentary.

There were lots of comments about how Kate changed uni's to be at the same one as Will etc.

OdileDeCaray Wed 18-Apr-18 22:47:12

I like Kate, she is naturally charming.

Meghan comes across as insincere and trying too hard.

BoneyBackJefferson Wed 18-Apr-18 22:47:55

As far as I can see Kate had more rubbish thrown in her direction than Meghan

Bluntness100 Wed 18-Apr-18 22:48:25

There is nothing wrong with her ffs. She's just getting the same abuse Kate got when she got engaged to William. And still gets in some quarters.

You must know that some small women sadly hate anyone who is attractive, wealthy, successful and wish to rip them to shreds. It is what it is.

Ginger1982 Wed 18-Apr-18 22:49:54

I think it's probably because she's American ( so not from 'here') and an actress. All the publicity shots she's done for mags before getting engaged make her look a bit fake I suppose whereas Kate seems more natural.

Bluntness100 Wed 18-Apr-18 22:50:39

There were lots of comments about how Kate changed uni's to be at the same one as Will

Oh yes and the comments on Carole Middleton and how she was so focused on marrying her daughters well and snagging them rich men. Sigh.

IfNot Wed 18-Apr-18 22:52:39

Dunno. She seems OK. I can't understand how anyone can really judge what she is actually like based on a few snippets of news footage. Some people seem obsessed with trashing her but then she is beautiful and rich so its probably plain old fashioned jealousy grin

welshmist Wed 18-Apr-18 22:53:28

It has been nasty, Kate apparently never had another boyfriend (cough) so was considered untouched, like Diana, Meghan has had a normal life with men so perhaps considered second hand. It is ridiculous today that people expect so much of those marrying into the Royal family. Her family life has been splashed across the papers as has Harrys, I think his is more notorious to be honest.

AhAgain Wed 18-Apr-18 22:54:25

I really like her (well as much as you can someone you don’t know..(

She is beautiful, she looks genuine and happy/smiley. She seemsgreat and natural with people. She seems like a breath of fresh air and it is lovely to see Prince Harry happy.

She seems a lot more relaxed, natural and happier than Kate.

CelticSelkie Wed 18-Apr-18 22:56:16

I like her. Any woman either W or H marries(d) is going to be too something or not something enough.

willstarttomorrow Wed 18-Apr-18 22:57:25

I do not hate her, however I have never met her as she has made absolutely no effort to to get in touch so we can meet. When she does I am not available between 8-7 due to work commitments and outside of these times I am quite busy with family stuff. When I do have a window available to meet I will report back. I am sure she is lovely and I too would love to dress nicely and she can tell me how to change the world for the better. Until then I will just carry on looking like shit and working with very vulnerable children and families as best I can.

Vexatious Wed 18-Apr-18 22:58:22

Her upcoming nuptials haven't resulted in a bonus bank holiday.

So I'll be nursing that grudge for a while.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: