Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I need a handhold. Dh been arrested.

(109 Posts)
lonelystar Tue 17-Apr-18 01:14:33

I can't sleep my mind is in overdrive. My husband has been arrested. I feel sick I don't know what to do . I don't want to go into details but I need some non judgmental support

PhaedrasChocolate Tue 17-Apr-18 01:16:13

Can you say what he's been arrested for?

RunMummyRun68 Tue 17-Apr-18 01:16:41

Just now? From home? How awful for you. Cup of tea? Phone a friend or relative for support?

Mrsknackered Tue 17-Apr-18 01:18:13

Handhold here flowers

Do you want to talk about it more? Were you there?

A cup of very sweet tea always helps somewhat.

lonelystar Tue 17-Apr-18 01:18:13

He assaulted me. Earlier this evening. I'm still in shock and have no one I can talk to

poignantparticulars Tue 17-Apr-18 01:18:17

Is there anyone IRL who could be with you? Did your DH let you know this had happened?
Hopefully he can contact you to let you know more information at some
Point so you have a timeline to work to.
Maybe try to get some rest if you can as unlikely you will hear anything more tonight.

lonelystar Tue 17-Apr-18 01:19:23

Thank you everyone. I can't think straight at the moment

poignantparticulars Tue 17-Apr-18 01:19:28

Oh gosh sorry ignore my post as I hadn’t seen your update
I’m so sorry you had to go through that. Are you ok physically? Can someone be with you?

So glad he has been taken away OP.
Maybe get numbers to contact women’s aid etc tomorrow?

Mrsknackered Tue 17-Apr-18 01:20:01

Ahh, okay.

Are you okay physically? Can you stay with someone? If he is released tomorrow, will you be okay at home?

TheQueenOfWands Tue 17-Apr-18 01:21:07

Okay.

Are you injured?

If so, where in the country are you?

lonelystar Tue 17-Apr-18 01:21:15

It's all happened so sudden. I can't believe I had the strength to call them. I'm ok physically. I have no one who I can call at this hour

OlennasWimple Tue 17-Apr-18 01:22:33

flowers OP

Do you have DC in the house as well?

Itscurtainsforyou Tue 17-Apr-18 01:22:40

Did you call the police? It may be that they give you warning if he's released, so you're not worried about him just appearing. Or if he's charged he may be prevented from contacting you.

Do you want to talk about it?

Are you alone/do you have children there?

PhaedrasChocolate Tue 17-Apr-18 01:24:48

No friend would mind you calling at this time if you need help! I certainly wouldn't.
I do feel for you. You've been really strong and brave flowers

lonelystar Tue 17-Apr-18 01:24:55

I can't believe what's happened. I have dc who luckily were in bed when this happened. Police asked me if I wanted to give a statement.

sassymuffin Tue 17-Apr-18 01:28:14

Ok deep breath, do you know what police station he has been taken to?

Has he been assigned a duty solicitor or appointed one for himself?

You will probably have been told he can be held for a maximum of 24 hours (up to 36 or 96 hours for a serious crime) before they have to either charge or release.

Handhold here as I can only imagine how frightened you must feel, at this time. You can't actually do anything at this time until you know what action is decided, I know this does't help sorry.

Itscurtainsforyou Tue 17-Apr-18 01:29:18

Will you give a statement?

Glad your kids didn't see it, but they are a good reason to report him to make sure he doesn't turn on them in future.

sassymuffin Tue 17-Apr-18 01:29:25

omg sorry just read that he assaulted you, sorry ignore my post.

Hope you are ok

lonelystar Tue 17-Apr-18 01:30:12

I don't know where he's gone to. So stupid I didn't ask! I need to sleep but can't. I feel so lonely now.

BouncingIntoGraceland Tue 17-Apr-18 01:30:37

Another one saying I would gladly go to a friend if they called me right now for something like this op, and I bet you would too.

Can you try and have a sweet tea?
flowers

Itscurtainsforyou Tue 17-Apr-18 01:30:55

Would it help to write everything down, to help you sleep?

TheQueenOfWands Tue 17-Apr-18 01:31:18

You call your friends or family in this situation.

Even if a colleague called me at this hour in this situation I'd be there in a shot.

Loads of us here are up all night.

lonelystar Tue 17-Apr-18 01:31:26

I don't know to give a statement or not. I'm a terrible decision maker and this is really serious decision

lonelystar Tue 17-Apr-18 01:33:11

Thank you everyone who has responded to me. I don't have many friends who don't have small dc so I can't call anyone. My family live overseas and I don't want to worry them as they can't get to me

PerfectPenquins Tue 17-Apr-18 01:33:44

If you can find the strength please do make a statement he is a dangerous man who has no right to assault you. If you can make a statement it’s the beginning of him getting the consequences he deserves

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: