Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

FUCKING BIN CUNTS

(24 Posts)
CarpetMothsFuckOff Mon 16-Apr-18 16:17:56

Anyone else live in a flat and have neighbours who are apparently unable to understand how bins work?

We have three bins: green for recycling, small food bins and black bins for everything else. Food and recycling gets emptied weekly, black gets emptied fortnightly. There are 7 flats, 3 of which have kids (including ours), so all the bins fill up pretty fast.

We've had:

1) One of the flats had a massive furniture delivery and filled the entirety of all black bins with the packaging. The bastards have got a fucking car and the tip is a 10 minute drive.
2) Two recycling bins filled - and I mean filled to the brim - with clothes. There is a clothes recycling bank by the train station, a five minute walk. There are NUMEROUS charity shops nearby.
3) Packets upon packets of unopened meat, vegetables etc dumped in the black bin instead of the food bin.
4) Cardboard boxes put in the recycling bin without being flattened.
5) Cardboard boxes put in the black bins when the recycling bins are perfectly empty and right fucking there.

Our council are really strict and won't empty bins with the wrong things in them, so they quite often don't get emptied.

AIBU to think that bins are not fucking rocket science?

kateemo Mon 16-Apr-18 16:20:04

Hear hear! I can't understand WTF is so difficult about sorting rubbish and recycling. I've actually had a neighbour approach me whilst I was sorting to my recycling to ask "Are you really sorting your recycling?" He also doesn't understand why I insist on having trees. I despair.

CarpetMothsFuckOff Mon 16-Apr-18 16:21:12

There was a toaster sitting in the recycling bin the other day! A sodding toaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took it back out again and left it on the offending doorstep.

CaptainHammer Mon 16-Apr-18 16:26:41

Yes! It’s so bad where I am at the moment. If I email the council or use their new app(!) they will come round and collect which is good but they shouldn’t have to! Bins aren’t complicated! Grr

CarpetMothsFuckOff Mon 16-Apr-18 16:35:23

It's just laziness, I'm sure.

DontDrinkDontSmoke Mon 16-Apr-18 16:38:17

We recently (well probably a year now) got food bins, and wee waste caddies and biodegradable bags. In the block of 8 flats it seems we’re the only ones who use it.

thefirstmrsdewinter Mon 16-Apr-18 16:43:13

Despite the simple explanation on the LA website our ndns couldn't figure out their plastics so after a few weeks of no collection they just started putting it in our bins. The moment when I caught the cf tipping his box over the wall into ours, well, that was priceless.

confused 'Oh, is that not okay?'
hmm

CarpetMothsFuckOff Mon 16-Apr-18 16:48:33

Despite the simple explanation on the LA website our ndns couldn't figure out their plastics so after a few weeks of no collection they just started putting it in our bins

OMG cheeky fuckers!!!!

MrsHathaway Mon 16-Apr-18 16:59:48

Ugh, I do not miss bins for flats. Had strong words with someone's kitchen fitter who was trying to put his building waste in the communal bins.

"She said it would be ok"

IDGAF and by his guilty look he bloody knew it wouldn't be.

So annoying not to have one's own bin. No motivation to do things right!

CruCru Mon 16-Apr-18 17:01:46

I used to live in a block of flats with bin shutes. This would be fine except that the guy in the flat below me would then block it with rolled up bits of carpet. Then, when the shutes were blocked, he would leave a load of bags of rubbish in the hallway, next to the shute, where they would stink.

Sashkin Mon 16-Apr-18 17:06:27

Yes! We live in a maisonette and there is a bin shared between each two flats. Except our neighbour have lost theirs, so they use ours.

I even ordered them a new bin and painted their house number on it (bit passive aggressive but I thought it would solve the problem). But no, that bin vanished immediately and they are back to filling our recycling bin with their normal rubbish angryangry

BothersomeCrow Mon 16-Apr-18 17:24:59

We get randoms walking down from the main road and putting carrier bags of junk and rubbish in bins. Neighbour dumps all his excess waste on the main road as there are nightly collections from there - so many shops and tiny flats it's necessary.

It's a 45 min drive to the tip for us, and the council abolished any free bulky collections a few years ago. And the recycling bins aren't big enough sometimes (used to have sacks so could recycle as much as needed in one week, but problems when sacks ran low in the area).

BustopherJones Mon 16-Apr-18 17:31:58

There are pictures on our communal bins of what can and can’t go in. People still can’t figure it out.

RavenLG Mon 16-Apr-18 17:34:17

Urgh I don't miss this. Many years ago used to leave in a block of flats (6) and we all had our own bins but the fuckers would use the closest (ours) and we would end up with 'contaminated' stickers every fucking week as food waste, general rubbish would end up in our recycling. I got that fed up one day after the 3rd time in a row (2 week emptys, so 6 weeks) of not being able to use our recycling bin I tipped the rubbish in the corridor (that we didn't use) with a note along the lines of "you lazy fucking cretins left something in our bin, i thought I'd return it to you" .. still kept happening but we moved out not long after that.

Sashkin Mon 16-Apr-18 17:39:36

And we also get flytippers dumping stuff at the end of our road (house clearance rubbish - A1 House Clearances of Lambeth we have seen you doing it! Not that the council seemed to care when we reported it.

And then random people sift through the fly tipped rubbish looking for stuff to sell, and scatter the rest across the road (it is people not foxes, we’ve seen them at it). Disgusting, it is like having mudlarks or something.

BustopherJones Mon 16-Apr-18 17:44:35

Having waited on the phone to book a Lambeth bulky waste collection I can see why people don’t bother. I felt like I deserved a drink afterwards... at 10am.

ShotsFired Mon 16-Apr-18 17:44:37

YADNBU!

I used to have communal bin stores and one particularly grim neighbour would take her bags all the way down to the bin store, but then leave them propped up against it, rather than just putting them inside.

I used to return them to her front doormat even when cats had been at them and the rancid contents were all spilling out.

burdog Mon 16-Apr-18 17:49:54

It used to annoy me when I lived in a flat. Also people dumping furniture when they moved out or dumping masses of cardboard boxes when they moved in rather than take it to the tip. That then encouraged everyone in the area to use the bins for a handy spot of flying tipping angry.

RadioDorothy Mon 16-Apr-18 17:53:15

Oh god, years ago we lived in a flat and the recycle bins would get filled with all sorts of shite.

Of course the council refused to collect so it got fuller and fuller. There was even a hoover in it, for fuck's sake.

One Sunday DH and me donned rubber gloves and got stuck in to the giant bin store. We organised and sorted EVERYONE ELSE'S RUBBISH from 6 apartments just to get the bins in a fit state to be emptied.

Things got better for a little while but soon the usual food waste and plastic bags started reappearing in (and "contaminating") the recycle bin, so they stopped collecting again.

We railed against the thick twats who couldn't understand, but there were a couple of elderly residents there so perhaps they just couldn't grasp it.

It is maddening.

ScattyCharly Mon 16-Apr-18 17:59:26

Not for the op, but for people who have problems with others using their bins, you can get bin locks for £10 on eBay to prevent bin bastards using them.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WHEELIE-BIN-LID-LOCK-UKs-No-1-LID-LOCK-WHEELIE-BIN-Wheelie-bin-bracket/162121781732?hash=item25bf3611e4:g:blUAAOxyPLpRcrp2

ScattyCharly Mon 16-Apr-18 18:02:11

The best thing I can suggest for you op is to get labels for the bins which list what can and can’t go in there. Our council provided them when they gave us new bins. You could ask your council, most have email for rubbish and recycling services.

CarpetMothsFuckOff Mon 16-Apr-18 18:06:24

They've got labels on them already! They're just lazy twats who can't be arsed.

ALongHardWinter Mon 16-Apr-18 18:32:59

I live in a flat above a parade of shops. Despite the shops all having their own bins (which they have to pay for to be emptied) a small number of them persist in using the the residents' wheelie bins. I actually caught the greengrocer in the act of disposing of several bags of manky potatoes and a shit load of iceberg lettuces. When I challenged him,he merely shrugged and said his bin was full. I said well so is ours now you've filled it up with all your crap! I and several other tenants have reported this to the council several times,as we've all received letters in the past telling us off for leaving rubbish bags on the floor of the bin enclosure,rather than in the bins. Yes,because the bins are full up with vegetables and various other shit packaging from the shops! But still nothing has been done.

CarpetMothsFuckOff Mon 16-Apr-18 21:20:14

Another bag of clothes in the recycling bin this evening.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: