Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

This is particularly wrong of Insta Mums, no?

(81 Posts)
daydrinker Sat 14-Apr-18 23:41:02

I've seen quite a few do it lately so it's not just the off comment or post -

I keep seeing Insta Mums post comments on their posts with things like "And before you ask, it's from xyz 🙄"

Or "Since I know you'll ask, it's from my sisters wardrobe from like 2010 or something. Sorry, can't help you"

Am I being precious or is this quite rude? As if they're annoyed anyone would want to know where stuff is from...

I've never bothered asking myself, I always look at the comments on a post grin

If someone comments on my blog or post, I will simply answer with good grace.

I like a lot of these pages and think they're fine to look at. But it really annoys me when people are snobby and rude.

FlibbertyGiblets Sat 14-Apr-18 23:45:27

What is snobby or rude about anticipating a query?

daydrinker Sat 14-Apr-18 23:46:10

Fibberty it's the way it's worded and comes across

FlibbertyGiblets Sat 14-Apr-18 23:50:37

Oh I see!

RunMummyRun68 Sun 15-Apr-18 01:04:24

Yes I've seen it too

It's like they can't be bothered with all the insta followers clogging up the inbox with 'inane' questions

They want to hear from companies offering freebies!!

EnidButton Sun 15-Apr-18 01:36:50

Yeah it's rude. Or 'up their own backside' as my mate would say.

It's part of Instagram that people want to know where clothes or home stuff is from. Especially if a huge part of your Instagram image is about what you, your house and your dc look like. It's part and parcel of it to tag things with where it's from, or put it on the description, or politely answer if someone is kind enough to ask. I mean, wow, They like your taste, how very annoying of them.

It's also a bit thick as, now the algorithm has changed from chronological, the more comments and interaction a pic gets, the more people will see it and hopefully like it. So people leaving comments asking where they bought theor dress, or whatever, is beneficial to them.

Listen me. I don't have a bloody clue when it comes to Instagram grin I know that is rude though.

EnidButton Sun 15-Apr-18 01:39:37

(Generic 'you and your' btw. Bit tired and it reads a bit wrong sorry.)

Angharad07 Sun 15-Apr-18 01:45:35

Ugh. I can’t stand the “perfect image insta mums”. Why do they assume that I want their stuff/ want to look like them? How very arrogant. I have my own dresses- cheers. Give me a comedy insta mum any day but not the ones who are so perfect even their “not perfect” photos have been completely staged but we all have to go along with pretending it’s not!

MarvelleGazelle Sun 15-Apr-18 13:24:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CadyHeron Sun 15-Apr-18 13:31:12

There's been long and numerous threads on here that have been saying they should declare where they have got anything they feature on their Insta from.
So that'll be why they are doing it. Pre-empting all the queries, making it clear like people wanted.
So job's a good one, then, surely.

LifeBeginsAtGin Sun 15-Apr-18 13:31:44

It makes me laugh when other 'followers' will answer a question - in a patronising manner, like they know the InstaMum soooo well.

SpringSprangSprung Sun 15-Apr-18 13:33:09

Don't find it snobbish, just very passive aggressive. They know that people are getting wise to the fact that they are salespeople and it is a snarky, pre-emptive slap down to anyone having the temerity to ask a reasonable question.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Sun 15-Apr-18 13:41:06

I think any posts should just list the suppliers of clothes/make up essentially per a magazine.

The word ad needs to be clearly marked at the top per ASA requirements. Not buried in amongst another 20 hashtags. That would stop general enquiries

Anyone who doesn't want Joe Public asking where they got stuff if it is not an ad should make that post private. If not, people will ask. It is up to
the instagrammer of they want to answer but it would be reasonable to assume that a public post has been posted on the basis that the public might comment

CadyHeron Sun 15-Apr-18 13:48:58

Springsprangsprung - I don't think it'll be a "slap down to those having the temerity to ask a question".
More doing as everyone has asked.I say this because past threads have been saying they want Instagrammers to say where they get stuff from. Even if it is their own,as that way it's clear when it's an ad or not/if it's their own or if they've been given it by a brand.
It really does seem that they can't do right whatever they do. confused

SpringSprangSprung Sun 15-Apr-18 13:54:25

CadyHeron Then they should just do it - without the weary, snarky asides. Agree they are being more honest but this language shows how they feel about being dragged to disclosure.

OdileDeCaray Sun 15-Apr-18 13:57:11

It's all part of the rampant narcissism that is rife on social media.

DragonsAndCakes Sun 15-Apr-18 13:58:53

Can I butt in with a request? smile
I really need to have a quick nosey at a couple of these, which are good ones?

daydrinker Sun 15-Apr-18 14:02:01

Dragons a few I like -

Martha's happily ever after

Chantelle and Harrison

The Home That Made Me

MizCracker Sun 15-Apr-18 14:04:27

It's either:

1. snarky (because they're sick of people telling them they need to be transparent),

2. narcissistic (oh look at me, I'm so influential I'm going to be bombarded with questions unless I pre-emptively answer them)

3. disingenuous (I am contractually obliged to say where this is from, but to make it sound like less of a plug I'll just casually throw it out there)

Probably a combination of the three.

MarvelleGazelle Sun 15-Apr-18 14:05:59

MarvelleGazelle Sun 15-Apr-18 14:07:52

DragonsAndCakes Sun 15-Apr-18 14:32:59

Thanks day smile

MadameGrizzly Sun 15-Apr-18 14:51:07

I find the tone petulant - petulant as all the haters have made it harder to slip the odd product placement/ad/affiliate link in undisclosed.

DragonsAndCakes Sun 15-Apr-18 15:04:17

Their perfect houses! shock I’ve looked at two and I’m putting it back in the box. And nailing the lid down. While I cry.

CadyHeron Sun 15-Apr-18 15:07:41

Well,it's hard to see whether OP is being U or not, as that could just be a paraphrasing - we can't see for ourselves.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: