Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Worst entitled behaviour you've seen

(250 Posts)
doubtingmyself18 Sat 14-Apr-18 18:08:27

Inspired by other threads and with a long night ahead would you lovely people of mumsnet mind sharing your stories about the worst entitled behaviour you've seen/know of?
I don't have anything massively shocking but I used to work with a woman who genuinely thought that HER children were the biggest priority in everyone's lives. For example people should have to reschedule medical appts if she needed the time off for bloody assemblies and such like 🙄

doubtingmyself18 Sat 14-Apr-18 18:59:34

Bump

Heatherjayne1972 Sat 14-Apr-18 19:06:01

A difficult patient once tried to insist that I phone another patient to cancel her appointment because it was at a time that suited him to come to the dentist !
I refused and he staged a sit in in my dental chair
That was a fun day.

FrancisUnderwood Sat 14-Apr-18 19:08:06

Tbh I think entitled behaviour is on a sharp rise. I can barely leave the house these days without witnessing someone behaving in a selfish, grabby entitled manner somewhere or other.

witchofzog Sat 14-Apr-18 19:09:36

A woman who got pregnant at work who thrn decided she was helpless. She was unable to do anything apparently because of her condition and used to ask people to go to the vending machine for her even though she sat the closest to it out of everyone

doubtingmyself18 Sat 14-Apr-18 20:19:59

Just remembered one.
A friend of mine in early stages of pregnancy - her DP had older dc the mother of whom was an absolute nightmare (still is) one of her children came down with a childhood illness which is dangerous to pregnant women - can't remember which one and her DP was working away. Friend usually had no issue having her DSC dropped off at random intervals when Dad was working and had to say no on this occasion. The ex was apoplectic because she was going to miss a piss up (bearing in mind this wasn't an arranged contact time) and demanded that my friends DP left work to pick up his children. Friend said unfortunately that wouldn't work either because the infectious illness was dangerous to her unborn child. Well the shit that came after it - after years of shit because she expected to claim full benefits for her kids, maintenance yet have 50/50 custody - she phoned the surgery she thought my friend was at and demanded to speak to her midwife, she suggested that she go and stay elsewhere for a while so her kids could stay at their dads (presumably alone because he was hundred of miles away) she said they should pay for a nanny and worst of all she said (in front of the children) that she didn't give a fuck about my friend having a miscarriage, that if she loved the kids she'd take the risk anyway and worst of all that it wasn't really a baby so it wouldn't matter anyway 😒

witchofzog Sat 14-Apr-18 22:17:52

doubting she sounds like a monster angry

SneakyGremlins Sat 14-Apr-18 22:19:44

Woman in A+E wanted my bed. Wouldn't have been too bad except *SHE WASN'T THE FUCKING PATIENT*

She just wanted a nap angry

doubtingmyself18 Sat 14-Apr-18 22:50:02

@SneakyGremlins 😮😮😮

doubtingmyself18 Sat 14-Apr-18 22:50:18

@witchofzog monster is being polite!

SneakyGremlins Sat 14-Apr-18 23:02:19

They were moving me to a chair and if someone who needed the bed wanted it I'd have slid onto the floor moved but for a nap??

witchofzog Sun 15-Apr-18 15:51:53

Bump! I love threads like this. There must be more than this

RobinHumphries Sun 15-Apr-18 16:39:32

Loads of dental ones. A patient rang the practice to say he was going to be late for his appointment, when he finally arrived he was surprised that we didn’t have time to treat him. He had expected us to ring all the patients that were due in after his allotted time to get them in earlier.

Then you get all the patients wanting appointments on bank holidays cos they are off work that day.....

Or the patients who have lost a filling months ago but now want it sorting cos they are going on holiday tomorrow.......

WheresTheHooferDoofer Sun 15-Apr-18 17:15:14

I've had some, er, interesting discussion with a couple of women in the past, who were pretty much the same as in the OP (who expected others to rearrange pre-booked appointments because it was school sports day, doncha know) hmm

Of course, I said no.........

wonkylegs Sun 15-Apr-18 17:37:09

A certain relative of mine insisted that we needed to put DH up in a hotel so they could bring their dog to stay
DH is incredibly allergic so no dogs are ever allowed in our house as he cannot breathe. They couldn't stay in a hotel because they couldn't afford it and they had to bring the dog because they don't 'believe in' dog sitters, kennels etc
They haven't been to stay since they got the dog despite asking several times.

GrumpySausage Sun 15-Apr-18 17:47:56

Friend has a useless DH- well known amongst us all for taking the mick in terms of helping with kids/being around etc.
My DS 3rd birthday party, 15 kids invited including her children, 5 and 2. She can't make it but says her DH will bring their two children and then actually says 'oh dh can't actually cope with the kids so can you be in charge of them that day'. Yeah I'll get right on that love hmm

planetsweet Sun 15-Apr-18 17:58:12

When DH got his first job (in IT) various family members rang up and asked for computers. I have no idea whether they thought he was selling them and could get them one at a discounted price (he worked for a bank), whether they thought he was on good money so would gift them to them, or whether they wanted him to steal them from work. 😕

HildaZelda Sun 15-Apr-18 18:39:47

My MIL. End thread/ angry

Fluffyears Mon 16-Apr-18 00:50:38

Ha Hilda you should meet mine!

HunterofStars Mon 16-Apr-18 11:14:56

In a cafe once with dbro and we were sat on the sofa by the window. Some people who arrived after us asked if we would mind moving as that was their usual seats. Dbro told them no, we got here first and there were other seats.

These people are known for asking people to move from those seats and have been known to stand there staring at you until you move.

firstnamecraplastnamebag Mon 16-Apr-18 11:29:33

@HunterofStars I'd have told them to fuck right off! The cheek of some people!

ShotsFired Mon 16-Apr-18 11:34:49

My friend works in a GP surgery. Had a woman call up with an emergency - child sick, temp, not at all right.

Friend made an emergency appt for her, only for the woman to call back after the time of the appointment, and ask for it to be moved as they were all out at lunch with friends [with the sick child!] and it wasn't convenient. Friend gave her the politest what-for going!

HunterofStars Mon 16-Apr-18 13:19:08

First, dbro did tell them to go away with a no nonsense Paddington Bear style stare.

They have also been known to join people who are sitting on their own too.

I have another one, I was on a double decker bus and a mum got on with her 4 year old son. Her son wanted to sit at the front of the bus but it was occupied and he had a tantrum. So the mum looked at the lady sitting there and asked if she would mind moving. Lady looked at the other lady as if she was joking and said no. Other lady and son sat somewhere else.

wizzywig Mon 16-Apr-18 13:23:59

hunter they weren't Joey, chandler, Ross etc were they?

PalePinkSwan Mon 16-Apr-18 13:32:15

I don’t think it’s entitled to ask somebody to move if your toddler would like to sit at the front. It’s a question. We use the DLR a lot (driverless trains so if you sit at the front you can pretend to drive) - I’ve asked people if my son can have their seat, I’ve been asked by others. It’s just a question.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: