Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Jillian Michaels 30 day shred

(321 Posts)
mamahanji Wed 11-Apr-18 13:23:30

I know there is an old thread but I can't find a recent one.

Does anyone want to start the 30 day shred with me? Share stories of horrific pain and hopefully weight loss?

I'm starting today and it would be great if anyone else wants to join in.

Or share success stories of it working for you!

Coconutandcoriander Wed 11-Apr-18 13:31:44

Yes me! I’ve just joined a weight loss challenge group and I need to seriously up my exercise as previous attempts at weight loss haven’t worked.

I started the Shred a while ago but only got to level 2 then quit for some reason. Hopefully this will hold me accountable.

mercurymaze Wed 11-Apr-18 13:32:44

i started this again yesterday need to lose about 3 stone! am just off to try and buy a gym mat as it hurts on carpet

GaryBarlowsTaxReturn Wed 11-Apr-18 13:35:25

I'll join! I was on the old thread but I fell off the wagon with a chest infection.

I've just done day 4. I last did the dvd a good few years ago and it's much, much harder now!

Sunseed Wed 11-Apr-18 13:35:50

I will! Haven't done it for a while but I did feel the benefit quite early on. Might encourage a DC to join in too if I can peel them off the Xbox.

Being accountable should help me stick with it this time!

TimesNewRoman Wed 11-Apr-18 13:39:39

I started back on this on Monday. I do it about once a year but rarely for the full 30 days and i never do workout 3.
I actually did Ripped in 30 level 1 yesterday for something different but it was hard!
I am in agony today. Struggled to get off the toilet seat earlier and my chest is sore to touch. Damn pushups.
Love 30DS though, it really works wonders.

mamahanji Wed 11-Apr-18 13:54:33

Level 1 done! I'm seeing black spots and pretty sure I've lost 3lbs of sweat. I didn't realise how unfit I was. I walk 5-6 miles a day but damn Jillian has got me dying.

I'm really looking forward to seeing results. I'm trying to eat better too. Whole foods and less. I'll say my goal just so I can't hide it and pretend I'm doing better than I am. I want to be 10.5 stone. So that's 2 stone to lose.

What are people's food tips if they have any? I enjoy all food but I have a sweet tooth and will binge on sweets some evenings. I won't buy sweets but what do people have to tide the cravings?

Foslady Wed 11-Apr-18 13:58:01

I did 10 days of Level 1, went onto Level 2 and buggered my shoulder, 3 years on and I still don’t have full mobility in it......

TimesNewRoman Wed 11-Apr-18 14:00:22

I usually just try and cut out the crap when i do it. However if you google "Ripped in 30 meal plan" Jillian has put together a planner with all kinds of meal ideas and calorie intake advice.

applelolly Wed 11-Apr-18 14:13:13

oh me! I have done 2 days now. Started Saturday. I'm doing alternate days as I'm doing other stuff on the other days (running, sh'bam,gym)
The day after day 1 I could barely walk up or down stairs!!!
Will be doing day 3 later.

NotNowBernardmonster Wed 11-Apr-18 14:38:44

Yes, me too please!
Have been meaning to get back into 30DS for a while. I seriously need to lose some weight and tone up.

I will do it tonight after DCs are in bed.

Well done for starting us off OP.

NotNowBernardmonster Wed 11-Apr-18 14:46:29

On food tips, I started back on logging into my fitness pal to try and keep me on the straight and narrow.

I find mints stop me from wanting sweet things.

mamahanji Wed 11-Apr-18 15:35:05

Does anyone else get headaches after exercise?

mercurymaze Wed 11-Apr-18 17:38:40

No do you still have one? Just did level one for second time was good! My stomach muscles hurt today though

mamahanji Wed 11-Apr-18 18:19:36

No it's gone now. I seem to always get one after exercise.

TimesNewRoman Wed 11-Apr-18 18:41:59

I used to but I drink a lot more water now. Before during and after, that seemed to help.

PoptartPoptart Wed 11-Apr-18 19:22:27

I have done it several times on and off over the years but never got past day 8. It just gets soooo boring. I know it’s only 30 mins but still..
Has anyone done it long term (ie the full 30 days) and how much of a difference did you see in weight loss/toning?

Xenadog Wed 11-Apr-18 19:30:43

I feel ike I have turned into a sloth over the last week and been contemplating,acting digging this dvd out again. I think I might just join in - this is the best fitness dvd ever!!!!

DaphneFanshaw Wed 11-Apr-18 19:37:56

Hi there Shredders. I am in. It’s day 7 or 8 on level one for me. Although I only do weekdays. I can’t see any difference but my arms feel a bit less wobbly.
I think my weights are a bit ambitious, they’re only 2kg but that is too much for my wussy little arms and I am struggling with them. Pain is fear leaving your body though wink

DaphneFanshaw Wed 11-Apr-18 19:40:16

Poptart, I have noticed a real difference after 30 days. I did it a couple of years ago before I went on holiday and it really shifted my wobbly bum and toned up my stomach. I lost a bit of wight too.

cablewable Wed 11-Apr-18 19:51:35

I did the ripped in 30 last year and my knee was screwed for ages after. It was so painful! I'm tempted to do it again as it was fantastic and I felt so energised.
Maybe be more aware of movements next time.

DaphneFanshaw Wed 11-Apr-18 20:02:59

I have just ordered the yoga meltdown dvd too. Might try and alternate that and the shred.
When are you supposed to move on to level 2 ? I just assumed it was after 30 days, but am doubting myself now.

SparklyMagpie Wed 11-Apr-18 20:10:52

I really need to try this 30DS, been meaning too for ages, I mainly want to tone up but I need to lose a couple of stone first.

Good luck ladies, ill be lurking and will report back when I start smile

TimesNewRoman Wed 11-Apr-18 20:11:51

Daphne I think you are supposed to do 7-10 days of each level depending how many days off you have.

DaphneFanshaw Wed 11-Apr-18 20:14:19

Ah thanks Times. Have always just stuck to level one before. I quite like level one though. I’ve never ventured on to level two. It looks bloody hard.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: