Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Cats named Iron Man and other funny names?

(169 Posts)
hellokittymania Fri 23-Mar-18 03:44:09

I was just watching something in France about the prettiest cat in France competition. One of the cats is named Iron Man. It really made me laugh. Just wondering if anyone else has a cat with a name that really isn't associated with cats. I just can't picture a kitten named Iron Man.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 23-Mar-18 03:46:23

My parents first Cat was called Dragon. I thought it was a joke as She was the most timid little thing ever. Turned out that she was named Dragon after Bel and the Dragon in the book of Daniel.

Catmint Fri 23-Mar-18 04:19:59

My lovely boy was called Onion. It suited him so well!

MooseBeTimeForSnow Fri 23-Mar-18 04:19:59

Someone I used to work with had a cat called Car Wash. The dog was called Taxi.

Different friends had a dog called Benson. The cat was called Hedges.

We’ve named all our cats after stars. We’ve had:
Zubenelgenubi (Zoob)
Bellatrix (Bella)
Rasalhague (Raz)
Vindemiatrix (Vindy)
Current cat is Eta Delphini. She’s known as Bob.

hellokittymania Fri 23-Mar-18 04:46:49

Car wash, taxi? Did you ever find out why? I would have had to ask her. 😂

mathanxiety Fri 23-Mar-18 05:10:42

One I knew from a long time ago named Moonpie.

Eminybob Fri 23-Mar-18 05:16:26

I know someone with a husky called London.

Op can I ask, was the cat called “Iron Man”, or the equivalent of iron man in French?

Nakedavenger74 Fri 23-Mar-18 05:49:34

I live in a small town with a very active community message bird on Facebook. There are frequent missing pets (all found by the way so don't worry!) and the ones that have stuck in my mind because they have tickled me are:
Decepticon - a very tiny tortoiseshell kitten
Mr Noisy - a black Labrador
Stephen - Westie

Apropos of nothing I also cried with laughter at the following message board message 'John Irving, mate you have left half your bees at the car wash and they are causing havoc. Can you collect ASAP'. Ha!

Vitalogy Fri 23-Mar-18 05:56:49

I think it's funny when animals are called human names. There's an old series called Aufweidersehen Pet, they had a cat on there called Tank, he was a big cat.

Madlizzy Fri 23-Mar-18 05:58:04

I have Barry and Brian.

BitchyHen Fri 23-Mar-18 05:59:51

My brother's friend used to have a cat called Stuart.

clearsommespace Fri 23-Mar-18 06:06:59

Sorry this is a dog not a cat but also in France : "Facebook" !

rupertpenryswife Fri 23-Mar-18 06:08:47

A lovely cat down our road who is black and white and mega friendly, my daughter named him patch, however we met the owners recently and his name is actually Nigel 😂. Does not work for us although I too love human names for cats.

GimbleInTheWabe Fri 23-Mar-18 06:13:33

My cat is called Monkey. DS is going to grow up a very confused guy when it comes to felines and primates.

TarzansPlasticCrocodile Fri 23-Mar-18 06:15:26

@nakedavenger74 I love that bee message grinDo you think John Irving took the other half of his bees with him?!

PanPanPanPing Fri 23-Mar-18 06:15:56

Years ago there used to be a family, round the corner from where I live, who had a (male?) Labrador called Bunter. When I first saw the "oh Jesus Christ, Fenton" clip on Youtube I did wonder whether Fenton was Bunter's replacement?!

Zoflorabore Fri 23-Mar-18 06:17:31

My lovely cat was called "Chandler Bing" grin

Igneococcus Fri 23-Mar-18 06:21:03

Neighbour's cat is called Spitfire. We call him Midget because he looks so tiny next to our big grumpy ginger cat Maconchy (named after Elizabeth Maconchy, the composer). The two are fast friends who play fight and then snuggle up in an old suitcase together for hours, so cute.

Tigresswoods Fri 23-Mar-18 06:25:12

Someone asked up thread about Carwash the cat. That's the cat in Willo the Wisp.

TheHumanMothboy Fri 23-Mar-18 06:29:41

My neighbours' cat was named Cooking Fat...

BluebellTheDonkey Fri 23-Mar-18 06:29:44

This will out me to anyone who knows me...
Me and my brother had a cat each when we were young, he called his Mr Strong after his favourite Mr Man character, and mine was of course Mrs Strong.

YessicaHaircut Fri 23-Mar-18 06:32:09

Don’t know any interesting cat names but a friend at university had a hamster called Gary Barlow, always referred to by his full name. Always made me chuckle.

PanPanPanPing Fri 23-Mar-18 06:41:42

One of my friends had a cat called Lion - mind you, he did look a bit like a lion!

Youvegotafriendinme Fri 23-Mar-18 06:50:36

I have 2 cats called Trinity and Neo and morpheus the tortoise (matrix characters)

caoraich Fri 23-Mar-18 06:52:48

@Nakedavenger74 properly laughing about decepticon the kitten.

Friends of mine have a pair of white ragdoll kittens. They named one each. Which means they have "bitsy floof" and "helen mirren". They are both always known by their full names grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: