Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I’ve got funny stuff going on in my mouth... picture included!

(15 Posts)
NoSwsForYou Thu 22-Mar-18 21:53:02

DS (nearly 2) has been really unsettled for the last few days with something on his tongue. Really upset, won’t touch his dummy, hurts to eat, sleeping badly etc. I took him to the GP who said it was probably where he’s bitten his tongue...

Fast forward to today, and it feels like I’ve got sores under my tongue although I can’t see any, and there’s this unsightly thing in my mouth! I also think the back of my throat looks funny? Anyone wish to diagnose me/us?

grumpydwarf Thu 22-Mar-18 22:01:11

Looks like a tonsil stone to me

Stinkbomb Thu 22-Mar-18 22:02:11

Tonsil stone or tonsillitis

BlueberryMarshmallow Thu 22-Mar-18 22:02:43

Maybe a mouth ulcer? I sometimes get them back there and it’s really painful

BigStripeyBastard Thu 22-Mar-18 22:03:38

You have a small ulcer at the back and possibly some inflammation round the tonsil/uvula region. Probably nothing more than a touch of strep throat. Any soreness or feeling of being a bit off colour?

IncyWincyGrownUp Thu 22-Mar-18 22:04:08

It looks like an I conveniently placed ulcer to me, though I’m no medic.

NoSwsForYou Thu 22-Mar-18 22:06:42

Yes to soreness but I’ve caught whatever ds has caught, which is everything since starting nursery in August. We are both so run down that one thing just runs in to another. I’ve never had ulcers before though? Do toddlers get ulcers??

OrangeHorses Thu 22-Mar-18 22:06:43

Looks like a mouth ulcer to me

Usernom1234567890 Thu 22-Mar-18 22:07:31

Maybe both of you have the mouth signs & symptoms of hand foot &mouth disease.

FaithEverPresent Thu 22-Mar-18 22:08:42

I wondered H,F and M too. DD started with just a sore mouth and refusing to eat.

NoSwsForYou Thu 22-Mar-18 22:10:35

I also wondered about HF&M but my brief googling showed spots and only on external skin? I’ll be really cross if it is because I suggested that to the GP and he dismissed me. He’s been to nursery and we’ve had close contact with a friend so he will have infected loads of children sad and I started a new job yesterday!!

PandaPieForTea Thu 22-Mar-18 22:10:40

My DD had Hand, Foot and Mouth with a mouth full of sores and a single spot on one foot. She never got others on her hands or feet (the mouth ones were horrible).

zzzzz Thu 22-Mar-18 22:11:02

Tonsil stone.

Have you struggled with bad breath? Had repeated tonsillitis/sore throats?

Gargle with hot salty water, hard. If you have an electric tooth brush put it on the tonsil gently (or backwards so it just vibrates the tonsil).

The stones will pop out......grim

NoSwsForYou Thu 22-Mar-18 22:11:33

Oh bollocks. Isn’t it saying something about the state of my doctors surgery when I feel more confident in getting a sensible answer from MN than the GPs??

WobblyBanana Thu 22-Mar-18 22:47:47

Looks like an ulcer, possibly caused by a yeast (Candida) infection or strep throat. I'd go more along the yeast line, but maybe get your GP to send a throat swab for culture to find out for sure.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: