Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Potty training! Help!

(10 Posts)
Happyland8 Wed 21-Mar-18 15:12:47

I took DD's nappy off her about 2.5 hours ago. I've supplied her with copious amounts of fluid and STILL no wee!!! With DD1, she used to wee about every 15 minutes when I first took her nappies off. Does this mean anything? Is this an indication she's ready for it? She's 22 months. I've been following her around ready to pick her up and plonk her on the potty when she starts to wee but very surprised there's been nothing yet confused

Happyland8 Wed 21-Mar-18 16:14:12

Okay, I take it all back. The last hour has been hell grin about 10 wees and nothing on the potty! Haha.

cjt110 Wed 21-Mar-18 16:18:58

My son, aged 3, rarely pees. He is toilet trained now but I remember when potty training thinking something must be wrong, that it cant be normal to pee 3 times in 24 hours. At one stage I was convinced something was physically wrong and got him checked out.

No. He just doesnt pee a lot. A colleague is PT her DD. I shudder at the memories.

Mol1628 Wed 21-Mar-18 16:19:29

If you have to follow around with a potty and she’s having that many accidents I’d leave it a few more months.

icantdothis2017 Wed 21-Mar-18 16:20:32

Just put a nappy back on her .she doesn't sound ready and she's not even 2

GrannyGrissle Wed 21-Mar-18 16:43:09

She is very young. I never pestered DD and stayed out of the competitive 'well i potty trained mine at 2 months old' shite and by two and a half she had trained herself, no accidents nothing.

Happyland8 Wed 21-Mar-18 17:29:41

I HATE potty training with a passion but she's constantly been asking me to take her to the toilet so I thought it's only fair to let her have a go. My eldest is off nursery getting over scarlet fever so we're all couped up indoors anyway. I'll see how she gets o the next couple of days. Sometimes they have a breakthrough, don't they?

Happyland8 Wed 21-Mar-18 17:33:27

In all honesty, it's my MIL who harasses me about it. (And everything else for that matter). She's one of those who was the worlds greatest mother, yet in reality DH owned about one book, never had a jigsaw puzzle, never got taken to the park etc. She nags me for everything and she's visiting in a couple of months shudder!

FireflyGirl Wed 21-Mar-18 18:12:40

Have you read 'Oh Crap'? That's often recommended on here.

If she's holding it for that length of time, then she's capable of training.

Happyland8 Wed 21-Mar-18 18:35:00

Oh I'll look into that. Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: