Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Post mn bra intervention

(16 Posts)
HungerOfThePine Wed 21-Mar-18 14:52:34

Did the mn measurement and was happily a 28c for a year but wait gain as meant boob/back gain.
Help please. If it's only a couple lb you put on then is it ok to just size cup down and back strap up. So 30B or shall I do the whole bra measuring thing again?

I had a 30b boost bra that fits well but not an every day bra unless I want to look like I'm carrying a small shelf on my chest.
Same with a 32c that I've had kicking around.

Ordered 30b bras but I have the dreaded under arm over hang on the back strap which is not a good look.

There isn't an obvious gain other than my 28c have become uncomfortable and my boobs are overflowing but sit lovely in 30b and 32 c.confused

Please re educate me on mn intervention.

Didntcomeheretofuckspiders Wed 21-Mar-18 14:59:44

Well a 32C is two full cup sizes bigger than a 30B but obviously this does vary brand to brand and depending on style. If the 30B is a boost/plunge style, or might well be easy to think a cup size or two too small fits as the ‘spilling over’ look is sort of what you’re aiming for. If you’re having overspill around the back, it probably means breast tissue is being pushed back. The gain might not be noticeable if the tissue is always being pushed back or if it’s proportional to other areas. I would guess you probably need to try upping the cup size.

How does the band sit on the 30?

HungerOfThePine Wed 21-Mar-18 15:14:30

Even with bra intervention I don't get sizing.
The 32c is a boost which I wouldn't fit without it.
The 30b standard with a small boost bra is probably too tight a back band. Can get two fingers into it at the back but fairly comfortable even with the underarm overflow.
30b basque bra is too tight to get the end hooks to meet.
I do the whole tucking the underarm tissue to the front, with my 28c the boob over flow is a bit much and not even to boot. So one boob is massively overflowing the other which looks like I've got a squiffy chest.

So a 32b you reckon or 30cconfused.
My boobs don't even fill my hands.

HungerOfThePine Wed 21-Mar-18 15:14:59

Oh and my brand I shop at is boux avenue as 28c are difficult to find.

PaperdollCartoon Wed 21-Mar-18 15:16:54

Use this calculator booborbust.com

LemonBreeland Wed 21-Mar-18 15:19:04

I would perhaps go up a back size if the 28 is too small, but keep the cup size too. You have probably grown in the cup too, if only a small amount. So I would say 30C

AnotherEmma Wed 21-Mar-18 15:23:12

Do the band test. It can feel too tight if the cup is too small. So put the bra on backwards and see how far you can pull out the band. I think Boob or Bust says you should only be able to pull it out about 2cm. If the band is right and the bra still feels tight/small you probably need to go up a cup size.

If you were a 28C before I’d be surprised if you’ve gone up to a 32 unless you’ve put on a LOT of weight ie gone up more than one dress size.

HungerOfThePine Wed 21-Mar-18 15:37:29

Thanks guys I will do band test and check out booborbust, looks like a 30c might have been a better option and now wonder why I thought a 30b would work.(error of judgement).

It's not a massive weight gain just about 5 or 6lb but have noted it around the middle and boobage.

Hopefully bra sense will come to me one day.

ruby1234 Wed 21-Mar-18 15:54:19

I usually wear a 34B which seems fine, and I fasten it on the longest fitting.
Using the booborbust.com calculator I am a 30E - is that likely or am I measuring wrong?

twelveangels Wed 21-Mar-18 16:00:56

Agree that going up a band size sounds like the most sensible way forward.

I have experimented a bit with this in the last week, having done the proper measuring and gone from 38B to 34DD. It really is amazing what difference it has made!

Furball Wed 21-Mar-18 16:05:04

You are most probably not measuring wrong! - Bra sizing is a nightmare. What you measure round, you measure round, no adding on 4 inches as per some major shops

I always use this guide

Try a 30E - and see how well it fits - you really will be amazed smile

Furball Wed 21-Mar-18 16:05:33

that was to ruby btw

Furball Wed 21-Mar-18 16:06:24

hunger - I would just measure again and see what that comes out as

AnoiaUnstickMyDrawers Wed 21-Mar-18 16:08:14

ruby that sounds right.
Put your 34 on backwards and pull the band forward. It shouldn't come away more than an inch ish.
The cup size in a 34B and a 30E are the same, so it's just the band size that has changed.

It sounds like a 30C might be a sensible start point, from the sounds of it you have gone up in the cup rather than stayed the same so I would suggest that. I'd also try a 28D and even DD though, as sometimes if your cup size goes up it can make the band feel tighter when actually, you need more boob space. The back to front band test can help to identify this

A 28D/DD btw is considerably easier to get than a 28C because most of the good D+ brands carry 28s

ruby1234 Thu 29-Mar-18 16:17:53

Furball - you were absolutely right. I bought myself a 30E as the measurements suggested - It fits perfectly!!!!

I would never in a million years have guessed that it would.

Thanks very much - off to do some more bra shopping!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: