Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Can anyone recommend a good tinted moisturiser?

(33 Posts)
mrsb06 Wed 21-Mar-18 09:40:24

For the weekdays, when I'm too busy looking after a toddler and a baby to worry about putting too much make up on! But, I do want to look a little bit like a human.

Happy to spend a bit on high end, but equally love a bargain if it does a good enough job.

Thank you in advance! smile

Strugglingtodomybest Wed 21-Mar-18 09:41:23

I use Olay, it works fine for me.

onlyconnect Wed 21-Mar-18 09:45:49

I love theBibbi Brown one in a pot. I think they call it a balm. It has a fairly strong smell which put me off at first but once I was told they're essential oils I didn't mind at all (I realise that's probably silly). Anyway, I've rebought it several times - very unusual for me. And I've had compliments about my skin when wearing it.

Decasanova Wed 21-Mar-18 09:51:52

I wear Dior hydra life on holiday once I have done colour from the sun.

But you could just use your own foundation and mix with a little Day cream or lotion and make your own.

Speedy85 Wed 21-Mar-18 09:52:38

Urban Decay One and Done

Trilllllian Wed 21-Mar-18 09:53:06

Chantecaille. Bloody expensive. Used to get comments on how well I was looking. Can’t afford it at the moment

Luckingfovely Wed 21-Mar-18 09:53:11

Estée Lauder EE cream is mind-blowingly good. I wouldn't be without it.

RedPanda25 Wed 21-Mar-18 09:55:02

I've always just used the rimmel bb cream as it's pretty cheap and worked really well for me. I use the matte version as I have slightly oily skin in places.

fussychica Wed 21-Mar-18 09:56:29

Watching with interest. I'd like one with a factor 15 plus. I currently use No7 which is pretty good but ready to renew so interested in recommendations.

tigerrun Wed 21-Mar-18 09:56:48

Origins - 'ORIGINS GINZING ENERGY-BOOSTING TINTED MOISTURISER'

(sorry for the shouting, just cut and paste). It's brilliant - life changer!! The women on in the department store beauty places are brilliant too, always willing to slap a bit on for you to try or handy if you've gone out with no make up on and realise you want to look human & just pop in and 'try' it..

Speedy85 Wed 21-Mar-18 09:57:40

Watching with interest. I'd like one with a factor 15 plus. I currently use No7 which is pretty good but ready to renew so interested in recommendations.

The Urban Decay one I mentioned has SPF20.

StrangeLookingParasite Wed 21-Mar-18 10:09:20

Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturiser with SPF20. It doesn't look chalky on me, which is rare.

bobbletrouble Wed 21-Mar-18 10:13:11

Nars Radiant tinted moisturiser. Loads of shades, SPF 30 and it can be layered. £30 a pop, but a tube lasts me about six months, applying it most days.

VeganCatLover Wed 21-Mar-18 10:18:37

Rimmel instflawless is what I use, it's like a tinted primer. It's really budget but I prefer to the expensive brands I've tried.

PickleSarnie Wed 21-Mar-18 10:37:28

Another one for Nars. Lasts ages. Looks natural. Just like your normal skin but better. Spf 30 is bonus too

WellTidy Wed 21-Mar-18 10:41:33

Lots of people on the S&B board rave about the Nars one, so I am going to try it next. I used to really like Laura Mercier, but I didn't think it was doing enough for me (that may be because I am now 42 and need more than tinted moisturiser to look decent). The Laura Mercier one is pricey, but you get 50 ml, which is bigger than lots of others (usually 30ml) so could be better value.

The Estee Lauder Bb cream is nice, but not that light and gives as much coverage as a foundation really. And the lightest one is not light at all.

theyoniwayisnorthwards Wed 21-Mar-18 11:08:28

Nars, Laura Mercier and my cheap one is boots city tint.

TimeIhadaNameChange Wed 21-Mar-18 11:27:15

Stupid question, but could I just rub a bit onto my face and go out just like that? (I don't wear makeup, and can't be bothered spending time putting it on in the morning, but a wee bit of something would probably make a huge difference!)

scaryteacher Wed 21-Mar-18 11:31:01

Clinique. I tend to use it as foundation if I need to have make up on.

Speedy85 Wed 21-Mar-18 11:51:48

Stupid question, but could I just rub a bit onto my face and go out just like that? (I don't wear makeup, and can't be bothered spending time putting it on in the morning, but a wee bit of something would probably make a huge difference!)

Yep, that’s the intended use. It’s obviously not the same as spending 10 minutes doing a full face of make-up. They generally have less coverage so don’t hide flaws quite as well as a proper foundation, and you won’t magically look like you’ve got mascara/lipstick on etc., but if you’re not doing anything at the moment you might find it a nice and easy option.

mintbiscuit Wed 21-Mar-18 11:56:56

Second Chantecaille. It’s true when they say you get what you pay for!

Laura mercier (not the oil free one) is a good alternative for me.

Strugglingtodomybest Wed 21-Mar-18 13:54:31

Stupid question, but could I just rub a bit onto my face and go out just like that?

That's what I do. I don't wear make up at all, I just rub in some Olay spf15 tinted moisturiser.

TimeIhadaNameChange Wed 21-Mar-18 14:31:49

Brilliant! Thank you. I'll have to go and buy some now.

Proseccoagain Wed 21-Mar-18 17:23:59

Nivea do a good (and cheap) one. Around £3 to £4. I always take it on holiday.

MaxPepsi Wed 21-Mar-18 17:28:32

I use simple illuminating cream. Has an spf 15.
It's not a tinted moisturiser as such, but I actually use it as makeup!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: